Eat Meat = Be Human

We were CREATED. That took care of that. Also not likely that killing and eating cadavers was God's intention. Nothing about that before the Fall of Man.

MEAT ~ aka burned dead animal flesh

Yummy! Love it!

Vegans can kiss mah grits and go back to their own planet.

Equal time for you Vegans

My brother's wife has a great line. "I never met a leaf I didn't like"

Ick

We were CREATED. That took care of that. Also not likely that killing and eating cadavers was God's intention. Nothing about that before the Fall of Man.

Really? Why did God make the distinction between wild animals and livestock? God made Man ruler over them for a reason: People Eat Tasty Animals.

Genesis 1:24-27New International Version (NIV)

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Bible Gateway passage: Genesis 1:24-27, Genesis 2:7, Genesis 2:18-25 - New International Version

There are plenty of animals that would eat me if they could kill me......

Love eating the dead animal.

cooking food as a concept has been unfairly attacked by nuts-------items that should be cooked INCLUDE ---veggies and even nuts -----meat----usually----pickled fish seems ok too

Animals eat meat too and they didn´t make rockets so far.

they do not cook it. Jacob cooked even BEANS---cooking
has been devalued by lots of foodie fanatics. My sense is
that most of the stuff we call fruits----probably need not be cooked except for the mildly poisonous---like potatoes, tomatoes
and beans (pulses)-----maybe all the root veggies----even carrots

Human culture was initially accelerated dramatically by the addition of meat to the diet. Eating meat made it possible to live on a single meal a day, as compared to constantly foraging for plant - based nutrition. The extra time allowed development of art, language, social structure and so on.

OTOH, the human digestive system is not well suited to eating meat.

Eating meat (and cooking it) led to the evolution of our large brains (well, for some of us) and formidable cognitive powers.

Stupid vegans...

Cooking and Cognition: How Humans Got So Smart
Maybe meat is the forbidden fruit, and we'd be better off a bit dumber
So Adam and Eve ate from the meat tree!

j6s7vru10x.jpg

Kind of a strange thread. I"m a meat eater but the wife and middle daughter are vegans.

They don't force their lifestyle on anyone but often have other lifestyles forced on them.

Kind of curious what threat is perceived by people going on and doing their own thing.

Forum List

Back