Earth just had its Second-Warmest March on Record

Many of the record colds we've seen in the past few years are caused by the jet stream changing from a fairly straight west to east flow to one that wiggles like a worm as it winds its way around the planet. That pattern is called a Rossby Wave. Where the stream bends south, it pulls Arctic air down south, as in our midwestern "polar vortex". At the same time, some areas, like the American northwest, get warm, humid equatorial air drawn up. The US NW and western Canada have seen record highs while the US midwest and NE have seen record lows. And, all in all, it has almost ZERO effect on global temperature. It's just rearranging where it is. But guess what causes Rossby waves? A decrease in the difference between the temperature at the equator and the poles. And guess what that dramatic warming in the Arctic has done. It has decreased that difference. The cause of our polar vortex is global warming.
All BULLSHIT unless you provide me links! Substantiation! Not your 6th education comments!
Come on be little scholar for once and not waste All our time by not providing LINKAGE!

You're STUPID as hell and a ConspiracYst to boot.
You don't understand that 'Siberia for a few days' equaling 20 years Lows is Not GLOBAL indicator, it's Short term Regional WEATHER. Same ERROR You quoted MORON.

ie January WEATHER in the USA!

OR the WHOLE USA for the WHOLE MONTH Is much better but still not GLOBAL, as in GLOBAL WARMING over YEARS.
Feb 8, 2023
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
January 2023 was nation's 6th Warmest on record
The new year started off on a very warm note across the U.S., with the nation seeing its sixth-warmest January on record, according to...

`
So when you wrote:
Feb 8, 2023 Philadelphia Inquirer
Philly has its warmest January month in 91 years and just misses a snow rarity
Philly almost got through the month without even a trace of snow. But check out January 1932.
Was the above due to "Climate CHANGE" that 91 years ago there was no snow? "Climate Change", "Climate Change"!!!!

All BULLSHIT unless you provide me links! Substantiation! Not your 6th education comments!
Come on be little scholar for once and not waste All our time by not providing LINKAGE!

So when you wrote:
Feb 8, 2023 Philadelphia Inquirer
Philly has its warmest January month in 91 years and just misses a snow rarity
Philly almost got through the month without even a trace of snow. But check out January 1932.
Was the above due to "Climate CHANGE" that 91 years ago there was no snow? "Climate Change", "Climate Change"!!!!
I showed you the STUPIDITY of picking ANY LOCALE (Including YOUR SIBERIA OR PHILLY) for a few days as proof or refutation of GLOBAL WARMING.
I was not using my examples as proof of Warming, only as the (easily matched) FALLACY of picking a city/region short term Weather to Prove anything about GLOBAL WARMING as you tried.

You are Too Stupid to debate.
And Crick/Mr Magoo is an IDIOT trying to get even more complicated/intellectual (Rossby waves! !) talking to a 12 IQ Moron like you about anything more complicated than I did.
Crick you are a Moron going so exotic with Kindergarten brain.
He made the simplest of errors.

`

Last edited:

Thank you ! So why didn't you do that at first?
Swedish-American meteorologist Carl-Gustaf Rossby predicted the atmospheric wave concept in the late 1930s; since then, the meanders have been commonly known as “Rossby waves.” In the past 30 years, scientists have observed an intensification of the waves, coinciding with increased global warming
"The past 30 years coinciding with increased global warming"
Now I'm just asking questions, just curious. Do we know why the temperatures rose significantly near the end of the Neoproterozoic, perhaps reaching a global average higher than 90° Fahrenheit. (Today's global average is lower than 60°F.)
Please explain then why the EARTH at one time was 30° WARMER than now.
GlobalTempslast65millionyrs052423.png

Please explain then why the EARTH at one time was 30° WARMER than now.View attachment 788534
Posting a 65 Million year Chart of Natural variation is Irrelevant/Idiotic to try and figure out IF the Human Industrial Revolution's emissions caused the warming of the last 150 years/AGW!!! (during which CO2 went up ie, 100-200 faster than natural increases)

Ridiculous non-starter.

Try 10,000 Years and Marcott to see what happened in relevant scale.

1664584153920-png.703771

Or:

temp-and-co2-for-last-1k-years%E2%80%93northern-hemisphere-map.jpg

`

Last edited:
Swedish-American meteorologist Carl-Gustaf Rossby predicted the atmospheric wave concept in the late 1930s; since then, the meanders have been commonly known as “Rossby waves.” In the past 30 years, scientists have observed an intensification of the waves, coinciding with increased global warming
Now I'm just asking questions, just curious. Do we know why the temperatures rose significantly near the end of the Neoproterozoic, perhaps reaching a global average higher than 90° Fahrenheit. (Today's global average is lower than 60°F.)
Please explain then why the EARTH at one time was 30° WARMER than now.View attachment 788534
Listen to Abu.

China is trying to compete with the US economically. It's true that they are now the largest emitter of CO2 but still not as bad as the US on a per capita basis. They do have almost 5X our population. They're actually leading when it comes to cleaner forms of energy.

China is trying to compete with the US economically.

So, that makes their CO2 better than ours?

It's true that they are now the largest emitter of CO2 but still not as bad as the US on a per capita basis.

So they're better?

They're actually leading when it comes to cleaner forms of energy.

How are they leading?

So, that makes their CO2 better than ours?

So they're better?

Not saying that, but it's worth putting that into context. On a per person basis, we're still probably among, if not, *the* worst emitter. One would expect a country with 4 1/2 times our population to emit more emissions. It's simple math.

How are they leading?

They're also a leader in the "EV revolution". They will dominate Tesla.

Even with all this being said, I don't think this solves our "overshoot" problem.

I do not know why temperatures rose near the end of the Neoproterozoic and I'm not particularly interested. I'm not looking for other possible causes to our current global warming because 1) I'm not a climate scientist and 2) Like more than 99 out of every 100 actual climate scientists, I fully accept that human CO2 emissions are the primary cause of the currently observed warming, that that warming is a threat to human well-being and that it needed to be addressed a good while ago.

I ask you again, are you aware that the same thing happens to bring warm air up from the gulf? I thought you and I already agreed that happened. So, Record High readings are always from jet stream patterns and so are low temperatures. We all know this, why is this such a finding now for you?

How the moon influences temperatures on Earth​

A study suggests lunar cycles can heat or cool the globe by 0.04C – enough to affect climate change modelling

When the moon is overhead, its gravity causes Earth's atmosphere to bulge toward it, so the pressure or weight of the atmosphere on that side of the planet goes up. Higher pressure increases the temperature of air parcels below.

So in conclusion the question is how much of the 1.7° degree increase since 1880 is attributed to the lunar cycles, i.e. full moon heat and lunar weight both can cause warmer global temperatures.

I fully accept that human CO2 emissions are the primary cause of the currently
in other words, you drink the koolaid and no matter what anyone points out is meaningless to you. So actually, why are you in here arguing then, if data doesn't qualify as proof or evidence?

How the moon influences temperatures on Earth​

A study suggests lunar cycles can heat or cool the globe by 0.04C – enough to affect climate change modelling

When the moon is overhead, its gravity causes Earth's atmosphere to bulge toward it, so the pressure or weight of the atmosphere on that side of the planet goes up. Higher pressure increases the temperature of air parcels below.

So in conclusion the question is how much of the 1.7° degree increase since 1880 is attributed to the lunar cycles, i.e. full moon heat and lunar weight both can cause warmer global temperatures.
That is not an accurate description of the content of that paper or the Guardian article discussing it. The gravity of the moon overhead reduces the summed gravitic attraction at the surface (as it is reduced to zero at the first LaGrange point) and thus would tend to lower mean sea level pressure. However, the moon's gravity would make fluids (air and water) flow towards its sublunar point which would increase the mass present and raise mean sea level pressure. However, none of that was mentioned in the article or the abstract of the referenced paper.

Abstract. The 18.6-year lunar nodal cycle arises from variations in the angle of the Moon’s orbital plane. Previous work has linked the nodal cycle to climate but has been limited, either by the length of observations analysed, or geographical regions considered in model simulations of the pre-industrial period. Here we examine the global effect of the lunar nodal cycle in multi-centennial climate model simulations of the pre-industrial period. We find cyclic signals in global and regional surface air temperature having amplitudes of O (0.1 K), ocean heat uptake and ocean heat content. The timing of anomalies of global surface air temperature and heat uptake are consistent with the so-called slowdown in global warming in the first decade of the 21st century, also displaying warmer than average Arctic surface temperatures at the same time. The lunar nodal cycle causes variations in mean sea level pressure exceeding 0.5 hPa in the Nordic seas region, thus affecting the North Atlantic Oscillation Index during boreal winter. Our results suggest that the contribution of the lunar nodal cycle to global temperature should be negative in the mid-2020s before becoming positive again in the early-2030s, reducing the uncertainty in time at which projected global temperature reaches 1.5 C above pre-industrial levels.

Last edited:
Demfks are so adament about silencing opposition research they created a machine language to spot opposing information and tag it as unreliable and misinformation. Too fking funny, demfks have no conscience I knew, but wow, this tops it.

In the study, published by the journal Nature Scientific Reports, researchers identified a wide array of dubious climate claims, then programmed a computer to recognize them. The analysis has exposed the changing face of climate change denial, and details the ways in which powerful interest groups are attempting to delay climate action. Among the findings are new data to show how those spreading climate misinformation have switched over time from science denial—that is, claiming that climate science isn’t reliable—to solutions denial—the claim that solutions to slow or otherwise respond to climate change won’t work.

Forum List

Back