"Dukes of Hazzard" yanked from TV Land

Yeah, but black slaves were living in fear under all of them.
black slaves were living under every flag you dumb shit

Ain't that what I said, Marion Morrison?
HomerSimpsonpop-uphead.gif
No, and who's Marion? You on acid?

Are you stupid, or what? Marion Morrison is John Wayne's real name.

Marion? That sounds like a girl name. No wonder he changed his name. I knew a guy named Stacy before. Lol.
Do some history on Frances Marion (two in what most would figure to be girls names placed together as one), but you won't find no girl there I guarantee it.

black slaves were living under every flag you dumb shit

Marion? That sounds like a girl name. No wonder he changed his name. I knew a guy named Stacy before. Lol.
Do some history on Frances Marion (two in what most would figure to be girls names placed together as one), but you won't find no girl there I guarantee it.

Well, Frances and Francis. They are the male and female version. The "i" one being for female, I believe. There are a lot of male "Frances" out there who like to be called "Frank." :D

Why be bogged down with the history of the controversial flag that should be flown as a history piece, and instead create the new Southern Heritage Flag instead ? It could be a great symbol of pride and Southern Heritage to include everything liked about that heritage in which is good. Remove the chains in which certain groups are trying to bind the South with in such a thing, and break free to a new beginning that they can't use against you ever again. The old flag should be kept on monuments and in museums only. The new one would be free to FLY freely and without opposition to it. Think people!

Well, Frances and Francis. They are the male and female version. The "i" one being for female, I believe. There are a lot of male "Frances" out there who like to be called "Frank." :D
Yep you are right my friend..:bow2:

“A TV Land spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that the network has pulled reruns of the series from its schedule, which had been airing twice a day.”

Where the network has every right to do so as a private entity in the context of private society, in no way 'violating' free speech, and in no way manifesting in the myth of 'political correctness.'

What is amazing is the Dixie Flag was actually not even the real Confederate Flag and was General Lee Battle Flag...

The First Confederate Flag looked like this:

800px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281861-1863%29.svg.png

The second one looked like this:

800px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281863-1865%29.svg.png

The Third Flag looked like this:

800px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281865%29.svg.png

Now what does this have to do with the OP?

Simple, the fact is the Dixie Flag was incorporated into the Confederate Flag but was never the Confederate Flag. It was the battle flag of Robert E. Lee and his soldiers:

" On November 28, 1861, Confederate soldiers in General Robert E. Lee's newly reorganized Army of Northern Virginia received the new battle flags in ceremonies at Centreville and Manassas, Virginia, and carried them throughout the Civil War. "

So as TV Land cancels a show based on PC ignorance I just wanted to show that the flag those complaining about was actually not the Confederate Flag but just a Battle Flag that has been carried on through many generations in the South...

Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Just as you have shown here in the ideas they had back then about the creation of new flags, it leads me to think that the south should create a new flag that would be used to celebrate "Southern Heritage" and the history of it all in showing upon it the good and the bad of it... They could choose something very close to the flag that is flying in controversy now if they want to, but it could have a star blackened out to show the error of a time period in which it was also a partaker in during a dark time found within the history of it. A teaching moment for all when asked about the purpose of the blackened or maybe Red star if so choose that color for it.

The star would also have the words written within it that "No man shall ever own another human being as his property". Smaller stars could be added all about the larger ones in the blue background that would represent the new union in whole. I think all could be comfortable with the new flag, as it's meaning would be absolutely known without any question of any longer.

How about we change all flags including the US flag to indicate that slavery is bad? You do know that slavery was legal in the USA along with every other country right? You know we killed a lot of indians too, why don't we just make a brand new flag that says doing bad things is bad. Or maybe we need to ban all flags... yeah cause no one should have pride in their heritage. Pride is bad.

“A TV Land spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that the network has pulled reruns of the series from its schedule, which had been airing twice a day.”

Where the network has every right to do so as a private entity in the context of private society, in no way 'violating' free speech, and in no way manifesting in the myth of 'political correctness.'
How come a cake baker couldn't pull his services back as a private entity operating within the context of a private society in which offers a service to that society freely ? I want to see The Dukes baby, but TV LAND is denying me my right to that service or program that they once offered. Now should they be treated as the cake baker was treated when denying services based upon his religious views in which he had in concerning gay weddings ? Hey I could go to another network and watch it just as the people wanting the cake prepared could do also right, but you know what, I want it from TV land, but they are denying me that service as based upon their views, so should the law kick in for me now ?

BEAGLE9 SAID:

“How come a cake baker couldn't pull his services back as a private entity operating within the context of a private society in which offers a service to that society freely ?”

Because you're confusing two completely unrelated issues, one having absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Public accommodations laws are necessary, proper, and Constitutional regulatory measures authorized by the Commerce Clause, having nothing whatsoever to do with the First Amendment, free speech, or limiting citizens' rights.

BEAGLE9 SAID:

“I want to see The Dukes baby, but TV LAND is denying me my right to that service or program that they once offered.”

Incorrect.

The network removed the program voluntarily, in no way compelled to do so by force of law, consequently no 'rights' are involved, as the concept of rights manifests solely between government and those governed, not between or among private persons and private entities – you as a private person have no 'right' to compel another private entity to do anything.

BEAGLE9 SAID:

“Now should they be treated as the cake baker was treated when denying services based upon his religious views in which he had in concerning gay weddings ?”

Religious beliefs are not 'justification' to ignore or violate a just and proper law such as public accommodations laws (Employment Division v. Smith).

BEAGLE9 SAID:

“Hey I could go to another network and watch it just as the people wanting the cake prepared could do also right, but you know what, I want it from TV land, but they are denying me that service as based upon their views, so should the law kick in for me now ?”

You and others on the right need to get over this 'cake' idiocy, you succeed in only appearing ridiculous and ignorant.

What is amazing is the Dixie Flag was actually not even the real Confederate Flag and was General Lee Battle Flag...

Simple, the fact is the Dixie Flag was incorporated into the Confederate Flag but was never the Confederate Flag. It was the battle flag of Robert E. Lee and his soldiers:

" On November 28, 1861, Confederate soldiers in General Robert E. Lee's newly reorganized Army of Northern Virginia received the new battle flags in ceremonies at Centreville and Manassas, Virginia, and carried them throughout the Civil War. "

So as TV Land cancels a show based on PC ignorance I just wanted to show that the flag those complaining about was actually not the Confederate Flag but just a Battle Flag that has been carried on through many generations in the South...

Just as you have shown here in the ideas they had back then about the creation of new flags, it leads me to think that the south should create a new flag that would be used to celebrate "Southern Heritage" and the history of it all in showing upon it the good and the bad of it... They could choose something very close to the flag that is flying in controversy now if they want to, but it could have a star blackened out to show the error of a time period in which it was also a partaker in during a dark time found within the history of it. A teaching moment for all when asked about the purpose of the blackened or maybe Red star if so choose that color for it.

The star would also have the words written within it that "No man shall ever own another human being as his property". Smaller stars could be added all about the larger ones in the blue background that would represent the new union in whole. I think all could be comfortable with the new flag, as it's meaning would be absolutely known without any question of any longer.

How about we change all flags including the US flag to indicate that slavery is bad? You do know that slavery was legal in the USA along with every other country right? You know we killed a lot of indians too, why don't we just make a brand new flag that says doing bad things is bad. Or maybe we need to ban all flags... yeah cause no one should have pride in their heritage. Pride is bad.

In fact the American flag could also show a star that represents the bad part of our history pertaining to something the people want shown in that way as well, so yes of course we could change our flags in this way if want to, and it would show that if we make a mistake then we are man enough to show that we have made a mistake in history to be shown and flown upon our flag. If we did this then the meaning of the stars would change from representing the states and their numbers only, to also having meaning for the events that take place in our history, and that we are either proud of or not so proud of.

Example: World War Two the star representing that event would be colored in the union colors "Red, White and Blue". The slavery star would be colored in red or black, and on and on it could all go in this way, but no more than 50 events could be represented as that is the amount of states and stars that would reside upon the flag at all times, and giving them the dual meaning as is provided.

BEAGLE9 SAID:

“How come a cake baker couldn't pull his services back as a private entity operating within the context of a private society in which offers a service to that society freely ?”

Because you're confusing two completely unrelated issues, one having absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Public accommodations laws are necessary, proper, and Constitutional regulatory measures authorized by the Commerce Clause, having nothing whatsoever to do with the First Amendment, free speech, or limiting citizens' rights.

BEAGLE9 SAID:

“I want to see The Dukes baby, but TV LAND is denying me my right to that service or program that they once offered.”

Incorrect.

The network removed the program voluntarily, in no way compelled to do so by force of law, consequently no 'rights' are involved, as the concept of rights manifests solely between government and those governed, not between or among private persons and private entities – you as a private person have no 'right' to compel another private entity to do anything.

BEAGLE9 SAID:

“Now should they be treated as the cake baker was treated when denying services based upon his religious views in which he had in concerning gay weddings ?”

Religious beliefs are not 'justification' to ignore or violate a just and proper law such as public accommodations laws (Employment Division v. Smith).

BEAGLE9 SAID:

“Hey I could go to another network and watch it just as the people wanting the cake prepared could do also right, but you know what, I want it from TV land, but they are denying me that service as based upon their views, so should the law kick in for me now ?”

You and others on the right need to get over this 'cake' idiocy, you succeed in only appearing ridiculous and ignorant.
My TV is broke and won't get nothing but TVland now, and I won't my Dukes of Hazard dag nabbit. They did what the baker did and took my show off (denying me services) based upon their view of the issue surrounding the flag, so how is that any different than the bakers views sorrounding gay weddings ? I'm caught in the middle you see, and I'm being denide a show that I was watching on the only channel my TV gets now... LOL

Oh wait my TV is bringing in another network, but dag nabbit the Dukes aren't being shown on this network.... ARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH !

I'm suing dag nabbit.... LOL

In fact the American flag could also show a star that represents the bad part of our history pertaining to something the people want shown in that way as well, so yes of course we could change our flags in this way if want to, and it would show that if we make a mistake then we are man enough to show that we have made a mistake in history to be shown and flown upon our flag. If we did this then the meaning of the stars would change from representing the states and their numbers only, to also having meaning for the events that take place in our history, and that we are either proud of or not so proud of.

Example: World War Two the star representing that event would be colored in the union colors "Red, White and Blue". The slavery star would be colored in red or black, and on and on it could all go in this way, but no more than 50 events could be represented as that is the amount of states and stars that would reside upon the flag at all times, and giving them the dual meaning as is provided.
Ah mistakes... I can think of a few. How about the south "surrendering" to the northern invaders. Yeah that was a mistake.

This would be like yanking Sanford & Son because it portrays Blacks and Hispanics in a negative light.
No it didn't. It portrayed a poor widower and his son, business owners struggling through life and situations together with pride, dignity and honesty as their motto. The love they showed for each other is a model of love for fathers and sons everywhere.

Latinos were their friends and neighbors. A model of unity.

GTFOH!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The latest victim of the growing controversy over the Confederate flag is the 1980s TV series “The Dukes of Hazzard.”

A TV Land spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that the network has pulled reruns of the series from its schedule, which had been airing twice a day.

The network declined to comment on why the episodes were removed, but the southern-set show has come under fire recently for its depiction of the Confederate flag, which is emblazoned on the hood of the Duke Boys’ signature 1969 orange Dodge Charger.

Warner Bros., which owns “The Dukes of Hazzard,” last week halted production on toy replicas of the car dubbed the General Lee. That followed moves by other retailers such as Walmart and eBay to stop selling items bearing the Stars and Bars after the deadly church shooting in Charleston, SC, in June.

More: TV Land pulls reruns of Dukes of Hazzard Fox News

This must really be sad for some folks.
Just goes to show how cheaply liberals count their victories. They seem to believe PC symbolism has some effect on reality.

Don't paint us all with that broad brush. This is abso-fuckin-lutely ridiculous. I can understand removing it from the state house; but dropping civil war games; firing a cop for wearing confederate flag boxers; and now pulling an iconic (albeit stupid) tv show.....:cuckoo:

The latest victim of the growing controversy over the Confederate flag is the 1980s TV series “The Dukes of Hazzard.”

A TV Land spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that the network has pulled reruns of the series from its schedule, which had been airing twice a day.

The network declined to comment on why the episodes were removed, but the southern-set show has come under fire recently for its depiction of the Confederate flag, which is emblazoned on the hood of the Duke Boys’ signature 1969 orange Dodge Charger.

Warner Bros., which owns “The Dukes of Hazzard,” last week halted production on toy replicas of the car dubbed the General Lee. That followed moves by other retailers such as Walmart and eBay to stop selling items bearing the Stars and Bars after the deadly church shooting in Charleston, SC, in June.

More: TV Land pulls reruns of Dukes of Hazzard Fox News

This must really be sad for some folks.
Just goes to show how cheaply liberals count their victories. They seem to believe PC symbolism has some effect on reality.

Don't paint us all with that broad brush. This is abso-fuckin-lutely ridiculous. I can understand removing it from the state house; but dropping civil war games; firing a cop for wearing confederate flag boxers; and now pulling an iconic (albeit stupid) tv show.....:cuckoo:
Many people feel satisfied with symbolic victories, assuages their guilt about never really doing anything real or important.

How come a cake baker couldn't pull his services back as a private entity operating within the context of a private society in which offers a service to that society freely ? I want to see The Dukes baby, but TV LAND is denying me my right to that service or program that they once offered. Now should they be treated as the cake baker was treated when denying services based upon his religious views in which he had in concerning gay weddings ? Hey I could go to another network and watch it just as the people wanting the cake prepared could do also right, but you know what, I want it from TV land, but they are denying me that service as based upon their views, so should the law kick in for me now ?

Good point.

This would be like yanking Sanford & Son because it portrays Blacks and Hispanics in a negative light.
No it didn't. It portrayed a poor widower and his son, business owners struggling through life and situations together with pride, dignity and honesty as their motto. The love they showed for each other is a model of love for fathers and sons everywhere.

Latinos were their friends and neighbors. A model of unity.

GTFOH!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
He knows what it portrayed, and he probably liked the show dearly just as I did, but what he is saying is that where does it all end with this lunacy or agenda that is happening now in America ? Will a culture of people soon control the masses at any level they wish to control them at, and then to do it by way of the federal government standing upon their necks in order for them to get it done ? This goes for any group who seeks change by way of government tyranny being used to squash it's victims that are targeted. In some of these cases entire cultures are at stake.

The blacks have successfully shamed the whites to where the history of the United States will be rewritten to suit them. What's next?

How do you think the history will be changed?

Forum List

Back