"Dukes of Hazzard" yanked from TV Land

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The latest victim of the growing controversy over the Confederate flag is the 1980s TV series “The Dukes of Hazzard.”

A TV Land spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that the network has pulled reruns of the series from its schedule, which had been airing twice a day.

The network declined to comment on why the episodes were removed, but the southern-set show has come under fire recently for its depiction of the Confederate flag, which is emblazoned on the hood of the Duke Boys’ signature 1969 orange Dodge Charger.

Warner Bros., which owns “The Dukes of Hazzard,” last week halted production on toy replicas of the car dubbed the General Lee. That followed moves by other retailers such as Walmart and eBay to stop selling items bearing the Stars and Bars after the deadly church shooting in Charleston, SC, in June.

More: TV Land pulls reruns of Dukes of Hazzard - Fox News

This must be really sad for some folks.

The latest victim of the growing controversy over the Confederate flag is the 1980s TV series “The Dukes of Hazzard.”

A TV Land spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that the network has pulled reruns of the series from its schedule, which had been airing twice a day.

The network declined to comment on why the episodes were removed, but the southern-set show has come under fire recently for its depiction of the Confederate flag, which is emblazoned on the hood of the Duke Boys’ signature 1969 orange Dodge Charger.

Warner Bros., which owns “The Dukes of Hazzard,” last week halted production on toy replicas of the car dubbed the General Lee. That followed moves by other retailers such as Walmart and eBay to stop selling items bearing the Stars and Bars after the deadly church shooting in Charleston, SC, in June.

More: TV Land pulls reruns of Dukes of Hazzard Fox News

This must really be sad for some folks.
Just goes to show how cheaply liberals count their victories. They seem to believe PC symbolism has some effect on reality.

Well then. I hope you guys are happy. I was fine with taking down the flag from the SC capitol. But Dukes of Hazzard is a piece of Americana, you just don't yank a TV show like that for PC reasons. Man, some of you liberals are sissies. Yes, sissies. You are motivated by self driven fear and petty politics.

Last edited:
That corny show insulted my intelligence.

dukes-of-hazzard-general-lee.jpg

Of course they are happy. when they can step over everyone else's RIGHTS. that make the happiest of all.

screw the children in this country who didn't know a damn thing about some flag on a car. they can't watch what the tyrants now tells them what they can

Liberals are red boned Fascist deep deep down inside. Don't let them fool you otherwise.

What a shame. Do you suppose the left will ban Huckleberry Finn next? I mean the Dukes of Hazard merely had a car with a rebel flag on it. Huck Finn has a buddy named "Nig ger Jim". Shouldnt it be banned? If not, why?

The Dukes have to be banned because good people cannot like the confederate flag. We can't have a TV show portraying the confederate flag in a positive, nonracist light as shared by millions of southerners for many years.

It is sad but not for the reason a lot of people think. The Dukes of Hazzard was and still is a harmless goofy show that had no racial sterotyping in it what is sad is the follwing. Four of the best TV shows of all time are All in the Family, Maude, Good Times, and The Jeffersons these shows delt with real issues of that time in a frank, direct and sometimes uncomfortably honest way Yet in the PC world of today not one of these shows could get on broadcast TV cable maybe. I can only wonder how long the reruns of these shows get pulled because someone hears something on them that upsets or offends them?

Let me guess. The next thing to be banned is music from the country band Alabama with them being no stranger to the flag.

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back