Driving Through KY, TN and GA to Florida

Any advice where I should stop in KY, TN or GA? I hear GA has a lot of cool waterfalls? I don't want to get too far off I75.
I have driven from the Midwest states to Florida about half a dozen times at least.

I actually always love driving through Atlanta and making a stop in Atlanta. I never saw bad traffic in Atlanta, but every time I passed through it was like midnight and there was no traffic. Atlanta has awesome night clubs. I have checked into the hotel in Atlanta before at Midnight, gone partying and left at 5:30 am the next morning with little sleep to avoid traffic. I also several times have driven through Atlanta around midnight and spent the night in southern Georgia or Northern Florida.

I also love stopping in TN, in particular Nashville. Like Georgia the party scene in Nashville is awesome. I have stopped late at night in Nashville and gone partying at the bars and left the next morning. Also Nashville has so much Country Music history. Similarly I also like to stop sometimes in Memphis, great partying and Country Music history.

In Kentucky a stop to watch a horse race at Churchill Downs in Louisville I have done a couple times on my way down to Florida.

Crossing over from Georgia to Alabama and visiting Alabama as well on the way down to Florida I have also done too. Birmingham and Montgomery I have visited a couple times on my way down to Florida. A lot of southern charm and southern food. Night life and night clubs are great in Birmingham.

I have driven from the Midwest states to Florida about half a dozen times at least.

I actually always love driving through Atlanta and making a stop in Atlanta. I never saw bad traffic in Atlanta, but every time I passed through it was like midnight and there was no traffic. Atlanta has awesome night clubs. I have checked into the hotel in Atlanta before at Midnight, gone partying and left at 5:30 am the next morning with little sleep to avoid traffic. I also several times have driven through Atlanta around midnight and spent the night in southern Georgia or Northern Florida.

I also love stopping in TN, in particular Nashville. Like Georgia the party scene in Nashville is awesome. I have stopped late at night in Nashville and gone partying at the bars and left the next morning. Also Nashville has so much Country Music history. Similarly I also like to stop sometimes in Memphis, great partying and Country Music history.

In Kentucky a stop to watch a horse race at Churchill Downs in Louisville I have done a couple times on my way down to Florida.

Crossing over from Georgia to Alabama and visiting Alabama as well on the way down to Florida I have also done too. Birmingham and Montgomery I have visited a couple times on my way down to Florida. A lot of southern charm and southern food. Night life and night clubs are great in Birmingham.
I should stop in Nashville on the way back and listen to some country music. Do you recommend a night club?

I should stop in Nashville on the way back and listen to some country music. Do you recommend a night club?
Broadway from 5th ave towards 2nd Avenue there is a line of nightclubs on both sides. Getting past the Arena and music City center towards the River. It's insane...
Then there's Printer's Alley...also 2nd Ave is full of places for tourists. (Going North...heading South is not gonna work because of Schmemerhorn (symphony).

However....
The best stuff of music there isn't always in the clubs....it happens organically. And you never really know where or when.

However, that reminds me...give Buddy's Place a shot. Always clean, comfortable and ALL ABOUT the music. (Google is your friend)
The Bluebird (in Green Hills) which is ultra famous is a bit dirty and expensive to be all that great. Plus Green Hills traffic is ALWAYS the stuff of nightmares.

The Buddy's Place owner was/is a tour guide at the Country music hall of fame and eventually got his own place. He is friends with most of the bigger names and his name really is "Buddy". For Christmas he likes sweaters, his favorite color is green and he wears a medium. He also has a strong penchant for Loretta Lynn. But that in no way means that it's all old fashioned music on the venue.

Where did you get that idea? Places like Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach as well as Hogan's Hangout in Clearwater Beach draw conservatives from wide and far.

They call one long length of Florida beaches, the Redneck Riviera.

So in Republican states you can't smoke weed, dress in drag, get abortions or ride a Ebike?

Deadly biking accident Wednesday leads to a proposal by Mayor Rasco to ban e-bikes & scooters; emergency Council meeting Friday morning​

I don't feel very "free" here.

We took the Water Taxi in Fort Lauderdale. I believe it's a must see in Florida. So many million/billionaires up and down the intercoastal. My god the mansions on the water are amazing.

But that 30 seconds includes 25 seconds of foreplay. Stamina of a Midge here in Scotland
Perfect example of what's wrong with Republicans and Red states. In Florida on the busiest beaches, Ron Desantimonious is too cheap to pay for some lifeguards. So this little girl dies when the hole she dug caved in. And just so you know, no she didn't come from a blue state to visit. Her retarded family is from Indiana.

Girl who died in sand hole at Florida beach is identified; lifeguards could have prevented tragedy, experts say​

And NOW Ron is going to pony up for lifeguards. Too late Ron, you fucking cheapskate. Those billionaires living in 85 million dollar homes can't afford to chip in to pay for lifeguards.

Perfect example of what's wrong with Republicans and Red states. In Florida on the busiest beaches, Ron Desantimonious is too cheap to pay for some lifeguards. So this little girl dies when the hole she dug caved in. And just so you know, no she didn't come from a blue state to visit. Her retarded family is from Indiana.

Girl who died in sand hole at Florida beach is identified; lifeguards could have prevented tragedy, experts say​

And NOW Ron is going to pony up for lifeguards. Too late Ron, you fucking cheapskate. Those billionaires living in 85 million dollar homes can't afford to chip in to pay for lifeguards.

Parents are responsible for their children, not others. Lifeguards or not, look after your kid.

You're ragging on a family that just lost their child? That's a real dirtbag move.

You're ragging on a family that just lost their child? That's a real dirtbag move.
Too soon?

That child wouldn't have died in Cali

Then
1708646935320.png

Or now
1708646952790.png

Total dick move. A child is dead and you're ragging on the family that lost her. Not cool.

You're trying to be funny to cover for your dirtbag comment, and it's not working.
No I'm not! I'm ragging on Ron DeSanctimonious for not having lifeguards. The article said the kid would have lived if the beach had a lifeguard.

No I'm not! I'm ragging on Ron DeSanctimonious for not having lifeguards. The article said the kid would have lived if the beach had a lifeguard.
I like you, but you said this, "Her retarded family is from Indiana." That's ragging on a family who just lost a child, and I'm not supporting that.

I like you, but you said this, "Her retarded family is from Indiana." That's ragging on a family who just lost a child, and I'm not supporting that.
I take that back then. I was expecting someone to say they were visiting from a blue state. LOL

This is the problem with having a Republican president or Governor who's anti vaccines

Before the measles vaccine was developed in 1963, outbreaks that occurred every two to three years were killing 2.6 million people worldwide a year, most of them children. Others developed pneumonia, or suffered brain injury and deafness from measles-associated encephalitis.

So it’s especially disheartening to observe the new measles cases in Floridaeight and growing at last count. It’s not the biggest measles outbreak in recent years, but the ho-hum attitude of the state’s top public health official, Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo, is deeply troubling.

The problem in quelling this outbreak, though, is the lackadaisical attitude of Ladapo, who has earned notoriety by promoting COVID-19 vaccine skepticism. Last month, he called for a halt to using mRNA vaccines to fight COVID-19. Still it was shocking that in the midst of the outbreak, he ignored the public health standard set by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which calls for isolating unvaccinated people for 21 days after possible exposure, and is allowing parents to decide whether to send their unvaccinated kids to school. He didn’t even encourage parents of unvaccinated children to get a quick, preventive dose.

It’s a reprehensible endangerment of students at the affected school and the broader community, including babies too young to have been vaccinated. Children with compromised immune systems are at particular risk because they cannot safely be vaccinated.

A vaccine effectiveness rate of 96% is superb, but it still means that about 4% of children don’t get immunity from their shots. That’s why public health officials rely on “herd immunity,” meaning enough members of a community have been vaccinated to keep measles at bay. The reason more unvaccinated children haven’t been sickened in this country is because there are enough parents who do the right thing, vaccinate their kids and thus protect the other kids around them. But that may not be the case for long. Vaccine skeptics like Ladapo have been chipping away at Americans’ confidence in vaccines in recent years.

Outbreaks can happen even in a community with high vaccination rates — which is the case in this Florida school. But widespread vaccination — and proper isolation protocols — keep them small. Measles is not a minor inconvenience of childhood, and Ladapo’s let’s-downplay-the-science approach is not the way to protect the health of Florida’s children.

Came through Kentucky on the way back from Florida back in the 60's. I hit on a waitress and made a date for later that night. Her house was something right out of "Snuffy Smith". I decided to pass on the date. Stopped at a backwoods tavern whose patrons were right out of central casting for "Deliverance". I drank my beer and got the hell out of there. :omg:

Came through Kentucky on the way back from Florida back in the 60's. I hit on a waitress and made a date for later that night. Her house was something right out of "Snuffy Smith". I decided to pass on the date. Stopped at a backwoods tavern whose patrons were right out of central casting for "Deliverance". I drank my beer and got the hell out of there. :omg:
Good thing because Bubba Ray and Cooter were waiting in the closet

1709752636633.png

Forum List

Back