Drivers stranded on Frozen highway in PA...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, Feb 16, 2007.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Well it affected my vacation this weekend. The turnpike was backed up for miles because of these 3 other roads being closed. So I can't leave till tommorrow.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070216/D8NARTE80.html

One thing i will give Eddie is that he owned up to the mistake. He didnt pass the buck like the LA Governor and NO mayor did during Katrina. He admitted that he is at fault for not having the systems running properly for such a crisis. Still someone's head needs to roll for this.

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,152
    I don't know... I mean I know he said "I take responsibility for such" but then he turned around and blamed the state workers. Not really taking responsibility, especially when the major problem was he wasnt prepared with any sort of plan on this. Someone's head should roll. Ed's.

Hope your vacation still goes well.

3. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    IT was ok. Highways were still a mess on staurday. Exit 95 on the NE Ext was still closed as was I-80. I knew some back roads and got where i need to go ok but the main detour they told everyone to take was mobbed. Thankfully they waived all Turnpike fees for Saturday.