Donald Trump the Self Professed King of Debt

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Donald Trump, one of America's best-known businessmen, spent Monday trying to clean up his comments about the economy.

Trump was under fire for comments on U.S. fiscal policy that were not only out of step with his party -- but in some cases were a reversal of his own positions during the primary.

Thats a small thing tho. Who cares if his policies are the opposite of the parties ideals? And who cares if his policies today are the opposite of his policies yesterday? :dunno:

He sparked concerns last week, for instance, when he dubbed himself the "king of debt" in an interview on CNBC and said he would be open to renegotiating U.S. public debt by treating the interaction like a business deal.

But on CNN's "New Day" Monday, Trump said he never meant to suggest he would want the U.S. to default on its debt. In fact, Trump said, the country would never face such a potential outcome because it can "print" money.

Just print more money! Fantastic idea. I'll start collecting shiny smooth rocks for the new Trump Economy.

Donald Trump moves to clean up economic comments - CNNPolitics.com

The Bankrupt Delusions of Donald Trump, the ‘King of Debt’
The Bankrupt Delusions of Donald Trump, the ‘King of Debt’
His loose lips send shivers down the spines of those who buy our federal debt.

According to Donald Trump, at $19 trillion the federal government has too much debt. Or so little debt that we could pay it off in eight years.

He says we could buy back federal debt at a discount by raising interest rates. But ifinterest rates rise by a couple of percentage points, he said last week that the United States of America would cease to exist.

As for taxes, we need to raise them on the rich. No, we need to lower them. Or raise them.

And American workers? Their wages are too high. No, too many earn nothing because foreign workers make so much less. Then again, maybe the minimum wage is too low.

If all his contradictory comments seem confusing, the fact is that they are. They are also difficult to square with Trump touting his economics degree from an Ivy League school, the University of Pennsylvania, where he claims he was a top student.

good luck ... I posted that yesterday and got totally ignored by the loyal trumpettes ...

But on CNN's "New Day" Monday, Trump said he never meant to suggest he would want the U.S. to default on its debt. In fact, Trump said, the country would never face such a potential outcome because it can "print" money.
That's really funny, because printing money IS a form of defaulting on your debt.

Trump's all over the map. A sure clue he has no idea what he is doing or what he is talking about.

Just print more money! Fantastic idea. I'll start collecting shiny smooth rocks for the new Trump Economy.
Nothing new here it's what the douche bag politicians from both sides of the Aisle in Washington have been doing for years now ...

Borrow, Print and Spend aka The Washington Three-Step Plan to Ensure National Insolvency.

Federal Cumulative Budget Deficits: $19.26 TRILLION
Federal Unfunded Liabilities: $102 TRILLION
Total debt + liability per Taxpayer: $1,014,234

So, the current Trump plan is for the USA to go the route of the Wiemar Republic, with inflation so bad that a wheelbarrow full of currency will be necessary to buy a loaf of bread.

But don't worry. He's Trump, so he'll have a different plan tomorrow.

That's really funny, because printing money IS a form of defaulting on your debt.

Trump's all over the map. A sure clue he has no idea what he is doing or what he is talking about.
Scary shit. Would you feel at ease if he had the appropriate cabinet & vp choices picked?

So, the current Trump plan is for the USA to go the route of the Wiemar Republic, with inflation so bad that a wheelbarrow full of currency will be necessary to buy a loaf of bread.

But don't worry. He's Trump, so he'll have a different plan tomorrow.
Bankruptcy?

Yeah but it's a slow motion default our douche bag politicians are all hoping that when the shit really hits the fan and the citizenry finds out how they've been bamboozled they can blame it on somebody else.

I'm convinced that any day now the Donald will just simplify things; claim that he's a Wizard and plans to fix everything using sorcery and why not? it's about as credible as all his other "plans" to date.

It just amazes me how people can vote for this clueless buffoon. I guess it pretty much says all you need to know about his followers.

I wouldn't trust this KKKlown to manage my dog's bowel movement.

Forum List

Back