Donald Trump the Self Professed King of Debt

QE is an effort of diminishing returns which attempts to monetize the debt to keep interest rates low as a means to bail out zombie banks and punish savers.
What is "monetizing the debt"? What does that mean?

The central bank may purchase government bonds by conducting an open market purchase, i.e. by increasing the monetary base through the money creation process. If government bonds that have come due are held by the central bank, the central bank will return any funds paid to it back to the treasury. Thus, the treasury may 'borrow' money without needing to repay it. This process of financing government spending is called 'monetizing the debt'.[1]

Central banks are usually forbidden by law from purchasing debt directly from the government. For example, the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (article 123) expressly forbids EU central banks' direct purchase of debt of EU public bodies such as national governments. Their debt purchases have to be from the secondary markets. Monetizing debt is thus a two-step process where the government issues debt to finance its spending and the central bank purchases the debt, holding it until it comes due, and leaving the system with an increased supply of money.

Clearly we are already "just printing money" and have been doing so or a very long time.

But now that Trump says it, it suddenly a "bad thing". :cuckoo:

This is TDS- Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Search on my name. You will find I have been criticizing QE from the get-go. Not just because Trump says it.

In fact, I even started a topic about the Fed's Bond Bubble Doomsday Machine three years ago.

Nice try.

I don't care what your position on QE is.

You and the rest of the TDS crowd criticized Trump for stating obvious facts.

It's hilarious to watch. :rofl:
Obvious facts? BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Trump said we can't default because we can always print the money!

That's an "obvious fact" to you? :lol:

Printing money IS defaulting, you retard! What do you think would happen to our economy and our status as the world's reserve currency if we printed $19 trillion?

Trump's an idiot.

Printing more money is not defaulting- we've been doing it since 1913, , and Trump didn't say he would print $19 trillion. What other silly lies can I debunk for you Rube5000?

TDS- you have it, bad bub.....:rofl:
There is printing money to keep the money supply in pace with a growing economy, and then there is the Trump method of printing money to cheapen it and thus make it easier to pay off the debt (a technical default).

Any other economic lessons I can teach you today, rube?

The central bank may purchase government bonds by conducting an open market purchase, i.e. by increasing the monetary base through the money creation process. If government bonds that have come due are held by the central bank, the central bank will return any funds paid to it back to the treasury. Thus, the treasury may 'borrow' money without needing to repay it. This process of financing government spending is called 'monetizing the debt'.[1]

Central banks are usually forbidden by law from purchasing debt directly from the government. For example, the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (article 123) expressly forbids EU central banks' direct purchase of debt of EU public bodies such as national governments. Their debt purchases have to be from the secondary markets. Monetizing debt is thus a two-step process where the government issues debt to finance its spending and the central bank purchases the debt, holding it until it comes due, and leaving the system with an increased supply of money.

Clearly we are already "just printing money" and have been doing so or a very long time.

Search on my name. You will find I have been criticizing QE from the get-go. Not just because Trump says it.

In fact, I even started a topic about the Fed's Bond Bubble Doomsday Machine three years ago.

Nice try.

Printing money IS defaulting, you retard! What do you think would happen to our economy and our status as the world's reserve currency if we printed $19 trillion?

Trump's an idiot.

Printing more money is not defaulting- we've been doing it since 1913, , and Trump didn't say he would print $19 trillion. What other silly lies can I debunk for you Rube5000?

There is printing money to keep the money supply in pace with a growing economy, and then there is the Trump method of printing money to cheapen it and thus make it easier to pay off the debt (a technical default).

Stop backpedaling Rube5000. You said that printing money was DEFAULTING. Clearly, that is not true.

It's not the "Trump method" either , it's the FED method. They've been debasing the currency since 1913.

You are a foolish, piss drinking rube with a severe case of TDS.

Nice try.

Trump's an idiot.

Stop backpedaling Rube5000. You said that printing money was DEFAULTING.

In the context in which Trump was speaking, it is.

Sorry!

Zander seems to think that printing money for circulation is the same as printing money just to print it.

Zander, if you have an only edition of a book. Only one print. Would that be as valuable as a book that had 10,000 printings?

Imagine your country has 1000 quadloos in circulation, and has borrowed 500 quadloos from creditors. Then your country decides to print 500 new quadloos to pay off its debt. So there are now 1500 quadloos in circulation.

The value of quadloos has plummeted, and the creditors who were owed the debt are being repaid in quadloos which are worth one third less than the quadloos they loaned. And so the creditors have taken a massive loss.

That's a technical default, retards.

Nice try.

Trump's an idiot.

Zander is correct. We've printed money faster than nominal GDP.

Nice try.

Trump's an idiot.

The target is 2 percent. During the crash, the Fed wasn't even able to hit that target. The velocity of money had drastically decelerated. This is something quite a lot of people don't understand. Most of the money the Fed printed was effectively buried in the back yard, and thus did not devalue the currency.

Trump is talking about a much, much, much bigger printing of money.

I listed the six ways a country can lower its debt. Trump has thrown up a lot of smoke to conceal the fact he has no idea how to achieve the sixth method.

In fact, he's declared he will attempt the second, which signaled to just about every living economist he's a dangerous idiot.

He majorly flip flopped on the third method, and now he's even putting the fourth method on the table.

Because he has no idea how to achieve growth. Just like the other two liberal candidates left standing.

Trump's bestest idea for growth is a big wall. :lol:

Last edited:

Trump's an idiot.

The target is 2 percent. During the crash, the Fed wasn't even able to hit that target. The velocity of money had drastically decelerated. This is something quite a lot of people don't understand. Most of the money the Fed printed was effectively buried in the back yard, and thus did not devalue the currency.

Yabut

If money printing soars and the velocity of money collapses, there's no consumer price inflation.

Japan has the highest ratio of debt to GDP in the world, much higher than us, and has been fighting deflation for a generation.

I get your criticisms of Trump's plan. There would be a cost of an additional $10 trillion in debt his plan would bring, but I don't think it would bring inflation.

Ironically, I think he'd cut a deal with the Democrats to ramp up infrastructure spending, leaving his Tea Party supporters out to dry. At least those who don't change their opinion that government spending is now "conservative" because their Messiah Trump was for it!

If he toppled the establishment and built the wall, Birfer Trump could impose communism and declare himself king, and his supporters would still say he's a conservative! lol

Obama:
$6+ Trillion added in 4 years
RECORD: 'Most Deficit Spending in 1 Month'
RECORD: 'Most Deficit Spending in 1 Year'
RECORD: 'Most Deficit Spending TOTAL'

Sorry...Trump doesn't even come close to Barry

Trump's an idiot.

Yabut

If money printing soars and the velocity of money collapses, there's no consumer price inflation.

Exactly what I said happened during the crash. Read my post again.

Japan has the highest ratio of debt to GDP in the world, much higher than us, and has been fighting deflation for a generation.

I get your criticisms of Trump's plan. There would be a cost of an additional $10 trillion in debt his plan would bring, but I don't think it would bring inflation.

And additional $10 trillion of debt would bring us that much close to default, and the holders of our debt would know this and force interest rates to skyrocket. Bam! Depression.

Ironically, I think he'd cut a deal with the Democrats to ramp up infrastructure spending, leaving his Tea Party supporters out to dry. At least those who don't change their opinion that government spending is now "conservative" because their Messiah Trump was for it!

If he toppled the establishment and built the wall, Birfer Trump could impose communism and declare himself king, and his supporters would still say he's a conservative! lol
Trump is a limousine liberal. This much is obvious, except to Trump's Chumps.

Democrats don't oppose massive Debt. Your boy Hussein and your girl Hitlery have proven that. So you can stop lying now. You're only lying to yourself.
Name the last Republican President or Congress who didn't add to the massive debt.

What's your point? You don't oppose massive Debt. You worship those who've created the most Debt in U.S. history. Seriously, you can stop being so disingenuous now.
Oh, so you decided, "Gosh, he's proving his point, so I better throw out a straw man lie that he loves the Democrats. One good lie deserves another!"

Interesting ploy.

It isn't working.

Name the last Republican President or Congress who didn't add to the debt.

Stop being disingenuous and hypocritical. You don't oppose massive Debt. You've fully supported those who've created the most Debt in history. You're not foolin anyone.
Now you are flat out lying.

The only person I have supported is John Kasich, who just so happens to be the ONLY candidate who not only balanced the budget, he created a surplus. On both the federal and state level.

Stop destroying yourself with these lies. You look pathetic and desperate.

Oh Gawd, stop it. You've already been outed for being a poser. You're not a Republican. You never had any intention of voting Republican. You're a very dishonest person. Stop being a poser, and then folks can at least respect you.

Name the last Republican President or Congress who didn't add to the massive debt.

What's your point? You don't oppose massive Debt. You worship those who've created the most Debt in U.S. history. Seriously, you can stop being so disingenuous now.
Oh, so you decided, "Gosh, he's proving his point, so I better throw out a straw man lie that he loves the Democrats. One good lie deserves another!"

Interesting ploy.

It isn't working.

Stop being disingenuous and hypocritical. You don't oppose massive Debt. You've fully supported those who've created the most Debt in history. You're not foolin anyone.

The only person I have supported is John Kasich, who just so happens to be the ONLY candidate who not only balanced the budget, he created a surplus. On both the federal and state level.

Oh Gawd, stop it. You've already been outed for being a poser. You're not a Republican. You never had any intention of voting Republican. You're a very dishonest person. Stop being a poser, and then folks can at least respect you.
Why do you have this pathological drive to lie and make shit up?

Serious question.

What magical properties did a tick bite give you to decide the voices in your head are omniscient?

Hmmm. This is very weird.

Name the last Republican President or Congress who didn't add to the debt. Coward.

The truth shatters you, doesn't it. You were so devastatingly destroyed by having your lie of omission obliterated, you can't think rationally.

Search on my username and "Kasich". Go ahead, chickenshit. You will see I have been supporting him since before he announced.

And what reason did I give for my support?

Go ahead. LOOK.

I gave my support precisely because he is the ONLY candidate who has actually balanced a budget. Not just the federal budget, but his state's budget, too. In both cases, he not only balanced the budget, he created a surplus.

So go ahead. Name the last Republican President or Congress who didn't add to the debt.

You sniveling, lying, coward.

Interesting ploy.

It isn't working.

Why do you have this pathological drive to lie and make shit up?

Serious question.

What magical properties did a tick bite give you to decide the voices in your head are omniscient?

Hmmm. This is very weird.

Name the last Republican President or Congress who didn't add to the debt. Coward.

The truth shatters you, doesn't it. You were so devastatingly destroyed by having your lie of omission obliterated, you can't think rationally.

Search on my username and "Kasich". Go ahead, chickenshit. You will see I have been supporting him since before he announced.

And what reason did I give for my support?

Go ahead. LOOK.

I gave my support precisely because he is the ONLY candidate who has actually balanced a budget. Not just the federal budget, but his state's budget, too. In both cases, he not only balanced the budget, he created a surplus.

So go ahead. Name the last Republican President or Congress who didn't add to the debt.

You sniveling, lying, coward.

Again, stop being a poser. Most here know you're a liar. You're a loyal Obamabot and Clinton Bootlicker. You're only lying to yourself at this point.

Donald Trump, one of America's best-known businessmen, spent Monday trying to clean up his comments about the economy.

Trump was under fire for comments on U.S. fiscal policy that were not only out of step with his party -- but in some cases were a reversal of his own positions during the primary.

Thats a small thing tho. Who cares if his policies are the opposite of the parties ideals? And who cares if his policies today are the opposite of his policies yesterday? :dunno:

He sparked concerns last week, for instance, when he dubbed himself the "king of debt" in an interview on CNBC and said he would be open to renegotiating U.S. public debt by treating the interaction like a business deal.

But on CNN's "New Day" Monday, Trump said he never meant to suggest he would want the U.S. to default on its debt. In fact, Trump said, the country would never face such a potential outcome because it can "print" money.

Just print more money! Fantastic idea. I'll start collecting shiny smooth rocks for the new Trump Economy.

Donald Trump moves to clean up economic comments - CNNPolitics.com

There is nothing new about printing more money. The Fereral reserve has been doing it for years. It is what allows the US to run huge deficits. You recall all the quantitative easing that has been going on for the last decade?

Forum List

Back