Donald Trump the Self Professed King of Debt

Not a fan of Trump and haven't been from the start that said Hillary or Berines plan to deal with 19 trillion in debt and counting is what?

You haven't heard? It's a brilliant plan... go deeper into debt. Commonly known as the "why not? we're never going to pay this back anyways" strategy. :D

There are six ways to reduce a country's debt.

1. Declare you won't pay. This is what most people think of when they think of the word "default". See: Argentina.

2. Renegotiate the terms of your debt. See: Greece.

3. Internal devaluation. Suppress wages to make your production costs competitive with other countries. . See: Spain.

4. External devaluation. This is also a kind of default. Make your money lose its value. The most common way to achieve this is through inflation, but you can also depeg your currency from a fixed exchange rate and just declare its new value.

5. Raise taxes/cut spending.

6. Economic growth. A growing economy means increased revenues. Simple enough. This is obviously the best option.

Would one of you TDS suffering fools please explain Quantitative Easing (QE) to me?

:popcorn:

QE is an effort of diminishing returns which attempts to monetize the debt to keep interest rates low as a means to bail out zombie banks and punish savers.

Not a fan of Trump and haven't been from the start that said Hillary or Berines plan to deal with 19 trillion in debt and counting is what?

If they said "Print Money" peoples heads would explode
That didn't answer my question we all know the answer since you don't want to say it I will they don't have one and no neither does Trump.

That didn't answer my question we all know the answer since you don't want to say it I will they don't have one and no neither does Trump.

If we all know the answer then why are you asking instead of posting it?

Sorry, but Obama has re-written the record books regarding debt, so much that no one could hope to catch him any time soon.

Barry set new US Records for 'monthly', 'annual', and 'total' deficit-spending; added almost $7 TRILLION in new debt in ONLY 4 YEARS (as compared to bush who only added $4 over 8 YEARS during 2 wars, 9/11/01, and the economic aftermath of 9/11).

How dare Trump try to encroach upon Barry's turf and attempt to seize his title.

Just to see if any of the blind party followers are willing to admit it the early returns suggest no.

Just to see if any of the blind party followers are willing to admit it the early returns suggest no.

So can you like post it and stop teasing? Or nah?

So can you like post it and stop teasing? Or nah?
I did I said no of them have a plan your reading is not to good.

Donald Trump, one of America's best-known businessmen, spent Monday trying to clean up his comments about the economy.

Trump was under fire for comments on U.S. fiscal policy that were not only out of step with his party -- but in some cases were a reversal of his own positions during the primary.

Thats a small thing tho. Who cares if his policies are the opposite of the parties ideals? And who cares if his policies today are the opposite of his policies yesterday? :dunno:

He sparked concerns last week, for instance, when he dubbed himself the "king of debt" in an interview on CNBC and said he would be open to renegotiating U.S. public debt by treating the interaction like a business deal.

But on CNN's "New Day" Monday, Trump said he never meant to suggest he would want the U.S. to default on its debt. In fact, Trump said, the country would never face such a potential outcome because it can "print" money.

Just print more money! Fantastic idea. I'll start collecting shiny smooth rocks for the new Trump Economy.

Donald Trump moves to clean up economic comments - CNNPolitics.com

Yo, sounds like the Obama Administration? Just Print Money To Try And Bring Back The Economy!!! What goes around? Comes around!!!

Yes, are you ready for a Republican President? I can`t wait, this Country might get out of 3rd World Status!!!

I just HOPE? That the New Justice Department takes down the Crooked Liars of the Obama Administration, every Department, from the Top Down!!!

""LOVE IT"" :thewave:

"GTP"
172977-United-Armed-Forces-Day.jpg

Would one of you TDS suffering fools please explain Quantitative Easing (QE) to me?

QE is an effort of diminishing returns which attempts to monetize the debt to keep interest rates low as a means to bail out zombie banks and punish savers.
What is "monetizing the debt"? What does that mean?

The central bank may purchase government bonds by conducting an open market purchase, i.e. by increasing the monetary base through the money creation process. If government bonds that have come due are held by the central bank, the central bank will return any funds paid to it back to the treasury. Thus, the treasury may 'borrow' money without needing to repay it. This process of financing government spending is called 'monetizing the debt'.[1]

Central banks are usually forbidden by law from purchasing debt directly from the government. For example, the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (article 123) expressly forbids EU central banks' direct purchase of debt of EU public bodies such as national governments. Their debt purchases have to be from the secondary markets. Monetizing debt is thus a two-step process where the government issues debt to finance its spending and the central bank purchases the debt, holding it until it comes due, and leaving the system with an increased supply of money.

Clearly we are already "just printing money" and have been doing so or a very long time.

But now that Trump says it, it suddenly a "bad thing". :cuckoo:

This is TDS- Trump Derangement Syndrome.

What is "monetizing the debt"? What does that mean?

The central bank may purchase government bonds by conducting an open market purchase, i.e. by increasing the monetary base through the money creation process. If government bonds that have come due are held by the central bank, the central bank will return any funds paid to it back to the treasury. Thus, the treasury may 'borrow' money without needing to repay it. This process of financing government spending is called 'monetizing the debt'.[1]

Central banks are usually forbidden by law from purchasing debt directly from the government. For example, the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (article 123) expressly forbids EU central banks' direct purchase of debt of EU public bodies such as national governments. Their debt purchases have to be from the secondary markets. Monetizing debt is thus a two-step process where the government issues debt to finance its spending and the central bank purchases the debt, holding it until it comes due, and leaving the system with an increased supply of money.

Clearly we are already "just printing money" and have been doing so or a very long time.

But now that Trump says it, it suddenly a "bad thing". :cuckoo:

This is TDS- Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Search on my name. You will find I have been criticizing QE from the get-go. Not just because Trump says it.

In fact, I even started a topic about the Fed's Bond Bubble Doomsday Machine three years ago.

Nice try.

Democrats love Debt. They've created the highest in U.S. History. So this could help Trump with the cross-over vote. Stay tuned.

Democrats love Debt.
The naivete of you rubes who parrot these lies of omission always amuses me. I pity you suckers.

Now...I've probably induced some confusion in your bird brain. "What lie of omission???"

Allow me to help you by asking you to name the last Republican President or Congress who didn't add to the debt.

Trump loves debt, too.

You can't go bankrupt four times unless you are in serious debt.

Forum List

Back