DOMA ruled unconstitutional

Did ya look closely at what the judge said?

In 2010, a federal judge in Massachusetts declared the heart of the law unconstitutional in two separate lawsuits. The judge found that the law interferes with the right of a state to define marriage.

:eusa_whistle:

Did ya look closely at what the judge said?

In 2010, a federal judge in Massachusetts declared the heart of the law unconstitutional in two separate lawsuits. The judge found that the law interferes with the right of a state to define marriage.

:eusa_whistle:

"The couples argued that the power to define and regulate marriage had been left to the states for more than 200 years before Congress passed DOMA"

gotta love real conservatism. :thup:

:eusa_shhh:

I agree, it is a state issue, not a federal issue, just like the Immigration issue in Arizona and the Marijuana issue in California.

The states should not be able to pass unconstitutional laws.
No, they shouldn't and Obama is wrong on this issue when he says the states should be allowed to deny gay couples the same rights as straight couples.

Guess it was that damn racist, bigoted, hateful, homophobic DEMOCRAT president in 1996 that allowed DOMA to be passed...Bill Clinton.

Yes he did. He learned the time was not yet right and he bowed to political necessity. I'm sure he's laughing now and thinking "I knew it wouldn't last."

That's right, he understood it can't get knocked down until someone props it up first.

Becoming Law: On Sept. 21, 1996, President Clinton signed DOMA into law – a turning point for the marriage debate that left a mark of discrimination still on the books: Feature Story section: Metro Weekly magazine

But for former Sen. Tom Daschle, then the Senate Democratic leader, and the 32 Democratic senators who voted for it, DOMA was essentially the lesser of two evils — he says they considered a constitutional amendment to restrict marriage to be almost ''inevitable'' at the time.

''There was a strong movement to pass a constitutional amendment to put in constitutional law the notion that marriage is between a man and a woman. And the concern that many of us had was that you couldn't beat the constitutional amendment,'' he says. ''So, you had to come up with an alternative to a constitutional amendment and argue that this was better for all concerned. And that was a big part of the tactical and strategic decision-making that went into the run-up to the vote itself.''

The right wanted to make a constitutional ammendment to make gay unions illegal.

They were fucking insane and the countries numbers were not where they are now.

I remember the time and me and my gay neighbors used to disscuss this issue all the time.

They hated it but understood just how NUTS a Gingritch lead pack of assholes were.

What the controlling rw does not know or understand is the Constitution says is not hat the people can do but rather what the government can.

Interesting documentary being shown on FSTV (Free Speech TV network) called Blood of Patriots. Not something rw's would want to see however.

Get (pubs, rws, tb) government out of our bedrooms, out of our private lives.

I agree with you for once.

Now....do you agree the government should stay out of my private life if I decide I believe in holistic medicine and diet, and thus, decide NOT to sign a contract with a private business that sells health insurance? I dont plan to ever use the fraudulent medical system, but instead, rely on natural, clean food, exercise, and spiritual approaches. Should the govt be able to FORCE me to buy a private good, or fine me for not?

Or what if I'm in the US's prime city, New York. Should the govt be able to tell me what size soda I can buy? Or what type of fat I can consume? What if I live in Chicago, or California, and want a certain type of firearm in my bedroom?

The govt now forces me (and you) to pay the medical bills of those who don't or can't pay their own.

That means if your habits of eating unhealthy foods, drinking sugary soda, smoking cigs or giving same to your kids, I have no choice but to ay for your bad decisions.

While we're at it, should govt force you to vaccinate your kids?

The list goes on and on but it seems to me that your rights end where mine begin.

BTW, I agree with you about holistic medicine and healthy (vegetarian) diet but the US is the country on the planet that allows insurance corporations (are people, my friend) to control who gets what medical care and that needs to end.

Are they still whining about wanting to marry their former cell mates? The Founding Fathers would be rolling over in their graves if they saw how perverted the Constitution has become thanks to decades of sissy liberals.

Guess it was that damn racist, bigoted, hateful, homophobic DEMOCRAT president in 1996 that allowed DOMA to be passed...Bill Clinton.

Yes he did. He learned the time was not yet right and he bowed to political necessity. I'm sure he's laughing now and thinking "I knew it wouldn't last."

:lol: HA! What a joke. You'll defend a left winger at all costs, wont you? So Billy truly believed in the gay rights movement......but, as the most powerful man in the world, decided to go against his moral beliefs and instead passed this hateful, bigoted legislation?

So let me guess. George W. Bush truly believes in higher taxes for the rich, BUT....the time wasn't right, and he passed tax cuts for the rich, and one day will laugh and say "I knew it wouldn't last".

You folks never fail to amaze me.

Americans have shown that they are against homosexual marriages in every referendum in the Country including the peoples republic of California and yet the left wants to play the gay card. Keep it up lefties (no pun intended).

:lol: HA! What a joke. You'll defend a left winger at all costs, wont you? So Billy truly believed in the gay rights movement......but, as the most powerful man in the world, decided to go against his moral beliefs and instead passed this hateful, bigoted legislation?

So let me guess. George W. Bush truly believes in higher taxes for the rich, BUT....the time wasn't right, and he passed tax cuts for the rich, and one day will laugh and say "I knew it wouldn't last".

You know, I ignored his post because of the stupidity involved in even posting it, and it is tough to debate stupid. Hard to believe that such ignorance abounds.

But....if two straight men are roommates, and one has employer provided health insurance, and the other doesn't, they can pretend to be gay, get a shotgun-wedding for cheap, then claim they are both in the one insurance plan. Fraud? Scam? Yep. Hell, a guy with insurance could allow another male friend to "rent" his insurance for a fee. Fake a marriage, and the other guy pays a rental fee per month to be on that guys insurance. I'm sure this scam already exists with male/females though.

But what can we do. Society is "evolving".

Americans have shown that they are against homosexual marriages in every referendum in the Country including the peoples republic of California and yet the left wants to play the gay card. Keep it up lefties (no pun intended).

For a minute I thought it was the Supreme Court and applied to the whole country!

There is little doubt that DOMA will be declared unconstitutional. The nation as a whole is moving toward degeneracy and depravity. It will last until, like every other nation that became depraved has done, collapse of its own evil.

You know, I ignored his post because of the stupidity involved in even posting it, and it is tough to debate stupid. Hard to believe that such ignorance abounds.

Yep. But "he" isn't a he. He is a she. And a lesbian she, who spent over 20 years in the Navy as an officer, an officer who hid the ongoing violation of a major military law for 20 years for selfish purposes, then bashed cops on this board for lack of honesty and integrity. Go figure.

But....if two straight men are roommates, and one has employer provided health insurance, and the other doesn't, they can pretend to be gay, get a shotgun-wedding for cheap, then claim they are both in the one insurance plan. Fraud? Scam? Yep. Hell, a guy with insurance could allow another male friend to "rent" his insurance for a fee. Fake a marriage, and the other guy pays a rental fee per month to be on that guys insurance. I'm sure this scam already exists with male/females though.

guess what.

straight people can do that exact thing right now.

If you don't think the GOP is a force against freedom and prosperity for the non rich and the country, you're just ignorant and misled. Read up on WHATEVER the issue is!

Thanks for 9/11, the stupidest wars ever, the huge growth of Alqaeda, the DEPRESSION, and now the paralysis of congress since 2/2010.

Romney platform: Cut taxes on rich, destroy Medicare/aid/SS/Health Reform, dereg Wall St, EPA, raise Pentagon spending, work on debt in 2035-- You are duped. Change the channel.

Back when I was a notary, a older man came in with a young man. He was barely 18. They had entered into a California civil union and wanted me to notarize their application.

As it turned out the boy was the best friend of the man's son. They were entering into this civil union so the friend could be on the man's insurance through his work. The boy's father had gotten a job overseas and he didn't want to go. So, he moved in with his best friend and by use of the civil union, was able to get on Dad's insurance.

Fraud, yes, scam, yes, legal, certainly. The state cannot tell you who to love, or not love. There is no mandate that same sex couples be in love, or even be a couple.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back