DOMA ruled unconstitutional

When I was in tech school at Keesler AFB three of my friends got married to someone they knew for less than a month so they could get off base housing.
That happened a great deal in the military....and it's totally legal.

SO as a Naval Officer, you proudly scammed the system, while legally allowed, morally wrong........and then preach integrity and honesty to others? I'm so disappointed.

I'm having a hard time translating your retardese.

Are you accusing Bode of marrying someone for housing purposes while in the military?

Ah...and what is more important than keeping informed on our country's doings? You have problems keeping informed on political current events while working night shifts? How odd.

Thats right. Having thugs pull a gun when you show up, or trying to control gangs, drug addicts and all-around bat shit crazy people from interfering with the peaceful lives of folks living in Buckhead (probably a neighborhood similar to where you live) who have no clue what happens 10 miles from them...................kinda makes one not give a fuck what some douchebag in DC is doing on a gay marriage bill.

Sorry if my priorities aren't up to your standard. But some things are really important...and some are just kinda important, or not at all, depending on your immediate surroundings.

When I was in tech school at Keesler AFB three of my friends got married to someone they knew for less than a month so they could get off base housing.
That happened a great deal in the military....and it's totally legal.

SO as a Naval Officer, you proudly scammed the system, while legally allowed, morally wrong........and then preach integrity and honesty to others? I'm so disappointed.

Now....what a fascinating post....ranting about stuff I never said. Are you ill?

Civil unions should be for anyone.

The old neighbor next door with no heirs to leave his shit to and the single mom next door who drives him to his Drs visits.

The two sisters whos husbands are dead and need some more finacial seciurity.

The two friends who dont ever want to be married to anyone.

Seems like someone should make out a Will.

Thats right. Having thugs pull a gun when you show up, or trying to control gangs, drug addicts and all-around bat shit crazy people from interfering with the peaceful lives of folks living in Buckhead (probably a neighborhood similar to where you live) who have no clue what happens 10 miles from them...................kinda makes one not give a fuck what some douchebag in DC is doing on a gay marriage bill.

Sorry if my priorities aren't up to your standard. But some things are really important...and some are just kinda important, or not at all, depending on your immediate surroundings.

I'm sorry. Apparently you are ill. That would explain your inabilities to keep track of the world around you simply because you work some kind of nite shift that scared you (it would appear).

Well....the judge said the law interferes with the STATES RIGHT to define marriage. So...really...it just allowed states the power to ban gay marriage. Thats all.

And, you say that Democrat was playing pure politics, not governing based on principles and integrity. And you think we should vote MORE Democrats in?

And no, I wasn't watching politics closely in the mid-late 90's. I was working night shift in Fulton County, GA (Atlanta). Had more important and risky things to keep an eye on.

are you saying that republicans govern based on *principles and integrity*?

that's some funny shit right there. :lol:

He's also apparently saying that working a night shift prevents him from keeping informed about current events.

Nope. Wrong again.

Working SOME night shifts will make one not give a shit what a politician 1,000 miles away is doing. All depends what your job is on that night shift. But I do know reporting to work in South Atlanta neighborhoods knowing you have a pretty good chance of getting shot at that night.......makes you not give a fuck what Bill Clinton may do with gay marriage. Bodeacea obviously had a lot more low risk time on her hands in the day.

are you saying that republicans govern based on *principles and integrity*?

that's some funny shit right there. :lol:

He's also apparently saying that working a night shift prevents him from keeping informed about current events.

Nope. Wrong again.

Working SOME night shifts will make one not give a shit what a politician 1,000 miles away is doing. All depends what your job is on that night shift. But I do know reporting to work in South Atlanta neighborhoods knowing you have a pretty good chance of getting shot at that night.......makes you not give a fuck what Bill Clinton may do with gay marriage. Bodeacea obviously had a lot more low risk time on her hands in the day.
But you seem to give a great deal of shit now. Wouldn't it have been more interesting if you were talking about something in the past that you ACTUALLY knew something about instead of using "I worked nights in a scary, scary place" as some lame excuse for not paying attention?

Civil unions should be for anyone.

The old neighbor next door with no heirs to leave his shit to and the single mom next door who drives him to his Drs visits.

The two sisters whos husbands are dead and need some more finacial seciurity.

The two friends who dont ever want to be married to anyone.

Seems like someone should make out a Will.

Agreed. We want marriage (or at least a legal institution like it) to encourage household formation and wealth accumulation, not to replace wills and contracts.

I'm sorry. Apparently you are ill. That would explain your inabilities to keep track of the world around you simply because you work some kind of nite shift that scared you (it would appear).

Your ass would've been raped or worse within a month working the neighborhoods we patrolled. And thats not me talking shit, its true. Was it scary responding to those places? Yep. Im not an ego tripper. Its why we carried guns. But somehow I didn't feel the need to pickup USA Today on the way and see if the gays would get to marry.

Nope. Wrong again.

But you seem to give a great deal of shit now. Wouldn't it have been more interesting if you were talking about something in the past that you ACTUALLY knew something about instead of using "I worked nights in a scary, scary place" as some lame excuse for not paying attention?

Um....that stuff is documented. I can read about it. And yes, now I care about political issues more than I did then. I'm not getting shot at now. See how that works?

Nope. Wrong again.

Um....that stuff is documented. I can read about it.

Ah, so that makes you an expert? Really now?

And yes, now I care about political issues more than I did then. I'm not getting shot at now. See how that works?

Such a scary job you had. I was overseas SERVING our country at that time.....pardon me if I do not act impressed by your so-called "dangerous life". And I STILL managed to keep informed daily in what was going on in the U.S. politically and otherwise.

Um....that stuff is documented. I can read about it.

Ah, so that makes you an expert? Really now?

And yes, now I care about political issues more than I did then. I'm not getting shot at now. See how that works?

Such a scary job you had. I was overseas SERVING our country at that time.....pardon me if I do not act impressed by your so-called "dangerous life". And I STILL managed to keep informed daily in what was going on in the U.S. politically and otherwise.

channeling warbler?

how sad

asswipe

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeatch

Did ya look closely at what the judge said?

In 2010, a federal judge in Massachusetts declared the heart of the law unconstitutional in two separate lawsuits. The judge found that the law interferes with the right of a state to define marriage.

:eusa_whistle:

Guess what, moron. It opens the door for equal protection under the 14th amendment. Do you know what that means? It means that Alabama can do whatever bigoted things they want with defining marriage, but have to accept a married same sex couple as being married, even if they were married in Massachusetts.

Did ya look closely at what the judge said?

In 2010, a federal judge in Massachusetts declared the heart of the law unconstitutional in two separate lawsuits. The judge found that the law interferes with the right of a state to define marriage.

:eusa_whistle:

Guess what, moron. It opens the door for equal protection under the 14th amendment. Do you know what that means? It means that Alabama can do whatever bigoted things they want with defining marriage, but have to accept a married same sex couple as being married, even if they were married in Massachusetts.

You lefties love the 14th Amendment, which doesn't pertain to marriage. We're not going to allow you to manipulate and twist the US Constitution for your agenda.

the republican party is yet again on the wrong side of history on the issue.

Forum List

Back