Does the forum say "Christian religion"?

Nothing is a specific example to you. Denial isn't a rebuttal....it's holding your hands over your ears and saying "LALALALALALALALALALA!... I don't hear you!"... like the child you are.

Yeah........Kosher Twit thinks that if you don't acknowledge something, it doesn't exist.

But like I said...........of the judgemental people that I've met, Christians are the most judgemental, from what you wear, to what you drink and smoke, to how you do things in the bedroom.

Too bad they're not more charitable.

Well... I am a Christian and I wholeheartedly don't agree with the Pious and self-righteous nature that many Christians have. One thing I was taught was that Not one of us is worthy and all of us fall short of the Glory of God. Any Christian who thinks that doesn't apply to them is both sadly mistaken and disobeying God. To point out other people's sins is the height of hypocrisy.

So you think that as a christian, you have no responsibility to speak to another who you see is in trouble due to things they're doing wrong in their lives? Or is there no 'right and wrong' at all? Or are you to just sit silently by and do or say nothing? Is that what you think Jesus taught or would want?

Yeah........Kosher Twit thinks that if you don't acknowledge something, it doesn't exist.

But like I said...........of the judgemental people that I've met, Christians are the most judgemental, from what you wear, to what you drink and smoke, to how you do things in the bedroom.

Well... I am a Christian and I wholeheartedly don't agree with the Pious and self-righteous nature that many Christians have. One thing I was taught was that Not one of us is worthy and all of us fall short of the Glory of God. Any Christian who thinks that doesn't apply to them is both sadly mistaken and disobeying God. To point out other people's sins is the height of hypocrisy.

So you think that as a christian, you have no responsibility to speak to another who you see is in trouble due to things they're doing wrong in their lives? Or is there no 'right and wrong' at all? Or are you to just sit silently by and do or say nothing? Is that what you think Jesus taught or would want?

Agreed so long as practical common sense is applied. For instance, if you belong to one of those strict sects that forbids going to movies or playing cards or women wearing pants, etc., you might understand where they're coming from if they criticize you for doing these things, but deep down most of us would also blanch a bit or actually resent their accusations.

And Jesus was pretty adament in his admonishment to not be accusing others while ignoring that huge log in our own eye, etc.

But he was also quite adament in voicing strong objection to those who are causing harm to themselves and/or others, most especially harm to the more helpless among us. I think Jesus expects us to speak out and do what we can ethically do to stop the worst actions of others that affect us all. There is a place for jails and policemen and responsible citizens to demand an ethical and orderly society.

And of course the virtue of helping out those in need speaks for itself.

Last edited:

I think we are all grown ups and can take care of our own sins. Furthermore, since I am a sinner myself by my very human nature... I have no right to judge another. You know... let those without sin cast the first stone.... take the log out of your own eye before you point out the mote in your brother's... Judge not, lest ye be judged?

It's not my place.

I think we are all grown ups and can take care of our own sins. Furthermore, since I am a sinner myself by my very human nature... I have no right to judge another. You know... let those without sin cast the first stone.... take the log out of your own eye before you point out the mote in your brother's... Judge not, lest ye be judged?

It's not my place.

Being there for someone and telling them when they're going down a wrong path in order to help them is not judging, it's loving other people and caring for them as Jesus commanded us to do. We weren't to stay silent either. Is that what you think? That you should keep your beliefs and what Jesus said to yourself, that you shouldn't make Him known to others who do not know about Him? That if you don't see a friend or loved one in need, whether it be financial, spiritual, or whatever, that you shouldn't offer your help? And not only a friend or a loved one, but also a complete stranger? Helping where you see a need is not judging.

It's not my place.

Being there for someone and telling them when they're going down a wrong path in order to help them is not judging, it's loving other people and caring for them as Jesus commanded us to do. We weren't to stay silent either. Is that what you think? That you should keep your beliefs and what Jesus said to yourself, that you shouldn't make Him known to others who do not know about Him? That if you don't see a friend or loved one in need, whether it be financial, spiritual, or whatever, that you shouldn't offer your help? And not only a friend or a loved one, but also a complete stranger? Helping where you see a need is not judging.

The wrong path for who? According to whose morals? Christian? Muslim? Hindu? Taoist? Jewish?

It's not my place.

Matthew 6:1
"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Matthew 6:5
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

Matthew 6:6
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Yanno...............most "Christians" would do well to listen to what is written in Proverbs 6:16

16 There are six things the LORD hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

Proverbs 6:16-19 NIV - There are six things the LORD hates, - Bible Gateway

Funny tho how it's always the non Christians who are prating the bible at us, not the other way around.

well..Ok... I guess I wasn't sure of the definition of prating. I assumed it was another word for quoting. Since I was quoting the bible... I thought you were including me in your post.

But I see I was mistaken... prating is to talk foolishly or at tedious length about something.

I have a pretty good vocabulary, but hey... what can I say? Sorry.

It's not my place.

The wrong path for who? According to whose morals? Christian? Muslim? Hindu? Taoist? Jewish?

Sorry, I don't buy into the moral relativism myth. If it really existed there would be no civilized society whatsoever. Thank God that obviously the majority of people feel the same way that I do since we do live in a mostly civil society.

It's not my place.

Matthew 6:1
"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Matthew 6:5
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

Matthew 6:6
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

You can quote Bible verses until the cows come home, that doesn't change the fact that Jesus told you to love your brother, loving your brother includes helping him/her when they need help. And that includes when they're doing the wrong things, things that Jesus and the disciples specifically spoke too all throughout the Bible. The verses you quoted have nothing to do with this specific topic in any case. Were the disciples being 'judgmental' when all thru the New Testament they instructed the followers of Jesus on what their behavior should be and how they should treat each other?

I find it intrusive when even the most devote and loving Christians seem to think themselves so smart that they set out to correct the world of sin. However, that being said, it isn't merely the Christians that do so. So many other sects, even on the outside of religion do so. Perhaps there is a much deeper picture not yet being revealed or not yet being understood enough to capture the minds of those who reject themSelves. :dunno:

I've read the bible cover to cover. More than once.

And each time I do, it strengthens my faith.

Go figure.

Forum List

Back