Zone1 The main reason people hate religion

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
I think people hate religion for reasons that they never actually GIVE you for hating it.

The main one being: They hate that Christians are not perfect.

They know someone, maybe a parent or some other close family person... who is judgmental or rejecting or whatever and they say That is not what a Christian is supposed to be like, and they are usually correct, but that is no reason to dismiss Christianity outright, always and forever..

People who do that (reject a religion outright because of its members) and we all do it at one time or another... are focusing on People and not on Christ..

It is not easy to stop focusing on people... they are ubiquitous... and we have to interact with them at times...

But you can't confuse bad Christians with Christianity...

While most religious people in the world are not Christian, is this question intended to focus just on Christianity or are we talking about religion --all of them?

If a particular faith produces a lot of intolerant assholes then there is something going on that needs fixing.

So, we need to fix the entire democrat party badly then?

F21-B533-F-2175-4-CB3-97-A1-677-DA4-BDFE01.gif
EEEEEK.gif

We need to fix whatever it is that allows you and so many others to feel like a good christian and be a horrible jerk at the same time.

We know that you think expecting you to act within the boundaries of moral values is being "a horrible jerk".

No problem.

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

I'm not really a christian nor a jerk, but thanks for being wrong on both counts. At least you're consistent.
Oh you're definitely a jerk. I know this because you are defending a faith you don't believe in just to vent some of your endless rage on someone you don't even know.

I think people hate being preached to, they also believe that man and our relatively primitive science have all the answers and an intangible ghost in the sky doesn't compute with them. Still others might feel resentment that a person of Faith believes that they are "better than me" when that person is guided by holy principles. Others still, just hate people in general so they find an excuse to hate others who don't even harm them.

Last edited:
To hate is to care enough to hate.

To dislike is something I can explain with rational and valid reasons.

Child abuse, pedophilia, ...........

I think people hate religion for reasons that they never actually GIVE you for hating it.

The main one being: They hate that Christians are not perfect.

They know someone, maybe a parent or some other close family person... who is judgmental or rejecting or whatever and they say That is not what a Christian is supposed to be like, and they are usually correct, but that is no reason to dismiss Christianity outright, always and forever..

People who do that (reject a religion outright because of its members) and we all do it at one time or another... are focusing on People and not on Christ..

It is not easy to stop focusing on people... they are ubiquitous... and we have to interact with them at times...

But you can't confuse bad Christians with Christianity...
The answer to the question is addressed in the Holy Scriptures........why do some people accept Christianity while others reject the same religion? Jesus addressed this in the "parable" concerning the sower of seeds (Luke 8:5-15). Its the same gospel, easily comprehended by anyone that can read....yet some people refuse the gospel while others readily accept its message of hope and salvation.

It depends upon the soil in which the seed of Christianity is planted......some soil is fertile and some soil regardless of how much it is groomed refuses to produce any product of that planted seed. The Apostle Paul addresses such people in Romans Chapter 1. Salvation is a gift...yet some refuse to accept the conditions of that gift or Testament of Christ Jesus (which is like the reading of a will).........God turns such people over to their own demise of a reprobate mind that is caused by PRIDE of self. Thinking themselves wise, they became fools.........instead of approaching circumstances with an open mind.........they close their minds due to pride in the fact they refuse to be the subject of being judged in an absolute manner as found in the Word of God, they go through life viewing everything in shades of gray, often lead astray by their emotions. The Christian is commanded to use Logic and Reason.........to test all things and then make a righteous judgment. (1 Thess. 5:21). Truth is the common denominator in relation to the practice of Christianity.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back