Zone1 Jews: Do you blame Jesus for all the persecution our people have suffered?

Of course he was. Not sure of your point.
In jellybean school---little children are taught that
jews HATED Jesus and attributed and still attribute
all kinds of negatives to him ---AND the talmud is
ALL ABOUT Jesus----the teachings affect their minds
for LIFE

Don't blame Jesus on The Jews...

... we have enough problems of our own.

jesus was never a jew as is clearly defined by the 1st century events culminated by their cowardly crucifixion by criminals and jews - who despised the liberation theology, self determination they taught, a repudiation of judaism and knew to be the true heavenly path for admission to the everlasting.

After all, it does say in the Christian Bible that “his blood is on Jews and all their generations“ along with other anti-Jewish verses.

Me? I do not. I think Jesus was basically a good man, with good intentions, and taught traditional Jewish values. His “do unto others” teaching, for example, can straight from Hillel.

The problem really started decades later when the NT was written. The claims that Jesus said “nobody gets to the Father except through me” is either outright false (no Jew would elevate himself like that) or misconstrued when he meant one must follow his teachings to see Gd.

That interpretation led to the idea the Gd is angry at Jews, has cursed them, and some of the other nasty stuff I’ve read right here on this forum. And the more Jews stuck with their religion that clearly outlined who the Messiah would be - Jesus didn’t fit - the more angry the 1st c Christians got with them. By the time John was written, they were in all-out assault mode.

Jesus certainly never intended any of this.
If Jesus died as a sacrifice for the sins of man, then logically anyone who has sinned is the author of his death.

the teachings affect their minds
for LIFE
A. This jellybean eater was never taught that.

B. this jellybean eater was taught that anyone who has sinned is responsible for the death of Christ.

C. people change a great deal throughout their lives so it's not statistically likely that anything affects their minds through their entire long life.

If Jesus died as a sacrifice for the sins of man, then logically anyone who has sinned is the author of his death.
"THE JEWS KILLED JESUS" is the core lesson in Jelly-bean school. Christian children
"KNEW" it in the town of my childhood and absorbed it like they absorbed
tales of the Easter bunny and Santa and his sled-----and liked to fart it out and
physically attack five year old school girls like me.

A. This jellybean eater was never taught that.

B. this jellybean eater was taught that anyone who has sinned is responsible for the death of Christ.

C. people change a great deal throughout their lives so it's not statistically likely that anything affects their minds through their entire long life.

wrong-----the lessons of childhood LIVE ON-----read a book for a change----like
a fantastic work "CHILDHOOD AND SOCIETY" by Erik Erikson----a very impressive
neurologist-----not even jewish (for a change)

"THE JEWS KILLED JESUS" is the core lesson in Jelly-bean school. Christian children
"KNEW" it in the town of my childhood and absorbed it like they absorbed
tales of the Easter bunny and Santa and his sled-----and liked to fart it out and
physically attack five year old school girls like me.

wrong-----the lessons of childhood LIVE ON-----read a book for a change----like
a fantastic work "CHILDHOOD AND SOCIETY" by Erik Erikson----a very impressive
neurologist-----not even jewish (for a change)
You need to live in the present. Let it go.

Let what go? reality?
My reality - Which took place over fifty years ago now: Jesus willingly laid down his life for the world. He laid it down and then he took it up again. His death culminated when the religious authority of his day (High Priests Annas and Caiaphas) took exception to what Jesus was teaching; one of his closest friends betrayed him, and the Roman government would crucify men to prevent any type of uprising (or as we call them in our time "Protests").

The problem was that the Temple authorities of that day disputed that Jesus had been anointed by God to spread the good news that sins are forgiven. They told him to cease and desist, which Jesus could very well have chosen to do. Instead, he was adamant that God wanted him to announce sins are forgiven and he chose obedience to God over obedience to Temple authorities.

I attended Catholic School for seven years. Periodically we had Jewish rabbis and Protestant ministers speak to us about their beliefs and how/why they differed from Catholic teaching. Ecumenicism was a big deal back then where we learned what historical events led to division among God's people. I came away with a strong desire to begin healing these divisions.

Snarky snipes about "jelly bean" teachers present a "reality" (as you say) that some prefer the estrangement and alienation.

My reality - Which took place over fifty years ago now: Jesus willingly laid down his life for the world. He laid it down and then he took it up again. His death culminated when the religious authority of his day (High Priests Annas and Caiaphas) took exception to what Jesus was teaching; one of his closest friends betrayed him, and the Roman government would crucify men to prevent any type of uprising (or as we call them in our time "Protests").

The problem was that the Temple authorities of that day disputed that Jesus had been anointed by God to spread the good news that sins are forgiven. They told him to cease and desist, which Jesus could very well have chosen to do. Instead, he was adamant that God wanted him to announce sins are forgiven and he chose obedience to God over obedience to Temple authorities.

I attended Catholic School for seven years. Periodically we had Jewish rabbis and Protestant ministers speak to us about their beliefs and how/why they differed from Catholic teaching. Ecumenicism was a big deal back then where we learned what historical events led to division among God's people. I came away with a strong desire to begin healing these divisions.

Snarky snipes about "jelly bean" teachers present a "reality" (as you say) that some prefer the estrangement and alienation.
I did not attend your catholic school ----I would guess that you attended sometime
in the 60s or even 70s. My experience with kids who attended catholic school took
place in the early to mid 50s. I walked home from school (about 1/2 mile) ----
at age 5-----the little girls in plaid jumpers from St. ANNE's actually threw rocks
at me and yelled "you killed Jesus" It was a DIFFERENT TIME AND PLACE---
HOWEVER even your reconstruction "the "temple authorities issued a cease and
desist" is kinda IDIOTIC. The "temple authorities" at that time were ROMAN
APPOINTEES. They spoke for ROME and Pharisees---(like Jesus) despised them---
and the feeling was mutual <<<< that is history. Jesus was crucified for attacking
the SHILLS FOR ROME---to wit---the money changers in the Temple courtyard. For
the real outcome of the JELLY-BEAN school education---just read this board. I did
attend Jelly-bean school about a dozen times. (Protestant) That was slightly before the
Ecumenicism program which commenced sometime around 1960 (at least in my
town) An interesting aside---when Pope John xxiii decided that "jews of today
are not guilty of killing Jesus'----the Catholics in my school had no comment---the
PROTESTANTS (several) were INDIGNANT (circa 1963???) "THE POPE CAN'T CHANGE
HISTORY" PS Caiaphas was a Roman appointee---he still gets a very negative
rap in jewish history taught in orthodox Yeshivas -----no mention of Jesus

Jesus was crucified for attacking
the SHILLS FOR ROME
---to wit---the money changers in the Temple courtyard.

that is beyond absurd ... as stated.

the 1st century events were a repudiation of judaism in regards to religion, their heredity idolatry to the heavens ... as an apartheid they, moses use to motivate their own self interests - to this day.

the 1st century was a time of liberation theology, self determination the jews chose through intolerance to bring to an untimely conclusion ...

tragically, those who were willing to give their lives and did so till their final betrayal in the 4th century are all but misplaced by the false christian religion of servitude and denial - the authors being no less the same as the crucifiers from the beginning.

The Romans didn't care about an itinerant preacher.
to which Romans do you refer? Constantine cared about rejection of
his IMPERIAL RULE. Jesus and his cousin John rejected Roman Imperial
rule which is why the predecessors of Constantine killed them. Of course
once Constantine found it convenient to solidify his rule with a religion almost
entirely of his making----he could manipulate the reputation of the Itinerate
UNPUBLISHED preacher.

fifty years is a very long life of dedication, thank you for your service to the Lord and for your words of wisdom

Forum List

Back