Does God want us to judge him?

I'm arguing that Jesus did not advocate practicing rituals such as baptizing infants. Baptism isn't what saves. Faith in Jesus is what saves us. All of these "sacraments" are formal rituals that the powers that be in the RCC made up as dogma. If that works for you, then fine, but my question is will believers be misled by the Antichrist when he rises to power. Some people believe it could be the Pope, but I don't think so. Yet, the whoever the Pope is during those times can be swayed. Catholics pray to statues and the Pope makes news around the world when he makes his personal statements. Pope Francis has been used by the media when they have their own agenda.

Maybe I better stop here because there are many differences between the RCC and Protestant sects and it just opens up a can of worms.
Jesus taught that even children should come to him. My infant baptism did exactly that. I was interested in Bible and Church from the time I was a toddler. Christ welcomed me, a little child. By the way, even at that age I understood Catholics were not "praying to statues" so I know you understand your words are not true.

Protestants talk about "saves" meaning they want heaven. Catholics talk about redemption, which means we want to follow Christ's example in how to live this life, not Adam and Eve's example.

The Catholic Church follows the example set fort by the Apostles in the first century. Protestants made up their own policies in the fourteenth century. By the way, the "Antichrist" is anything and anyone that is the opposite of Christ. At the time Revelation was written, Nero held that title. In our time I would argue Abortion and Divorce hold that title.

Whether it was deliberate or not, Protestant deceit and dishonesty about Catholic worship and practices is what created that can of worms you mention. Catholics understand we are practicing a life now that revolves around Jesus. Too often posts here leave the impression that Protestants are focused on the Antichrist. These posts also given the impression that there is no interest in putting into practice today what Jesus taught. Rather, their only interest appears to be the certainty they will, in the future, be in heaven.

I don't mind discussing Catholic versus Protestant practices--as long as each of us refrains from spouting his belief of what, how, and why the other practices as they do. Let the Catholic or the Protestant speak only of their own beliefs--and not what they imagine or heard the other does. I don't care if Protestants don't baptize their children. I can only say how glad I am that I was baptized as an infant. It changed my life.

The Antichrist is the opposite of Jesus and is/will be human. He will have Satan as the Father and his own Trinity. Nero was not the Antichrist. There will be several false prophets who will teach the Antichrist's ways. Yes, I would include divorce in there, but that has been around since Jesus' times and before. Maybe that was the first major societal change. If Catholicism is God's way, then there should have been no error about limbo. It seems that non-baptized children will not need a limbo today.

Is it because he created inferior races? And it needs to be shown? So He can improve?
God created deformed and retarded babies that live a short life in constant pain. Fucking doucher.
Then you should give God what for when you meet him. :lol:
I would if He existed.
So when you discover that God does exist your plan is to tell him what for?
If I discover that god exist yes, I’ll ask wtf he’s doing.

And you still refer to God in lower case. I pointed it out before that in the Bible, it would refer to Satan but you do not believe in him. Yet, he's got many atheists writing God that way and honoring him. I don't think that's written down in the atheist's playbook somewhere. That's quite powerful for someone who doesn't exist. I'm sure you can ask him "wtf he's doing in due time.

God created deformed and retarded babies that live a short life in constant pain. Fucking doucher.
Then you should give God what for when you meet him. :lol:
I would if He existed.
So when you discover that God does exist your plan is to tell him what for?
If I discover that god exist yes, I’ll ask wtf he’s doing.

And you still refer to God in lower case. I pointed it out before that in the Bible, it would refer to Satan but you do not believe in him. Yet, he's got many atheists writing God that way and honoring him. I don't think that's written down in the atheist's playbook somewhere. That's quite powerful for someone who doesn't exist. I'm sure you can ask him "wtf he's doing in due time.
Are you trying for the most idiotic post of the year?

I was born Roman Catholic. I rejected it as being false based on logic at an early age. Most people don't reject their birthright religion, and claim it's true for the rest of their lives, no matter what. It's what they were born into believing, and changing that will result in catastrophic psychological problems.

For instance, some of the above are absolutely sure that the Earth and Universe was created approximately 6000 years ago. And maybe flat-Earthers too, but I'm not sure yet. There's no argument that will change their mind. Jus sayin... It's crazy... And it's only because they were born into that belief! They don't know any better. It's like still believing in Santa Claus even after you get told he doesn't exist! They refuse to let it go.

Meanwhile, I discovered it was true at an early age.

Keep in mind, there are some of us who know (to use your analogy) that at an early age some gave up exploring religion/the spiritual realm. They as much decided that religion/spiritual realm was created by man approximately six thousand years ago and no argument will change their mind. They believe religion/spiritual realm is flat! And it's all because of the birth of that logic they bought into at an early age that prevents any further exploration! They don't know any better. It's like still believing in Santa Claus because every Christmas logic tells you he is at the mall, so no need for any further explanation of Santa.

I know you think people of faith are ignorant. Keep in mind this goes both ways. We pity you your ignorance, an ignorance you have renamed "logic".

So here's my solution: Let's not be so hasty to tell others what they are doing and why they are doing it. Instead, telling others what we do (or did) and why we do it should suffice.
I'm sorry, please don't get me wrong.

There's a difference between a person of faith, and a religious follower/zealot. I have a problem with the latter.

A person of faith will not murder on command. They still have awareness of what is truly good and truly wrong and can make decisions on their own, regardless of what they're told to do. The particular faith doesn't matter. It's just humanity.

A religious follower will murder and hate on command because of their firm belief in their religion, or just because others are different. Their morals are based on what they are brainwashed into, and they have much difficulty deviating from that. This has been a tool for rulers to gain more power and wealth for thousands of years.

I hope that clarified things.

For example, I have faith in the ideals of Jesus.

But I do not believe in the Jesus-related religions, and their prejudice and pseudo-science.

The reason I have a problem with that, is that these religious zealots cause a lot of problems on this Earth, and have led to countless brutal deaths, and rapes, and torture, and human trafficking.

That is what religions, at least the 3 major Trinity religions, have given us.

We would be so far more advanced, spiritually and intellectually, had they not ever come along.
You certainly have an idealized view of the path not taken. Which is pretty amazing considering you really don't seem to know what you are talking about.

Seriously, if you put the half the effort in real life that you put into defending the world against the tyranny of world religion, you wouldn't be working night shifts.
That's funny. I don't work night shifts. I do work whenever necessary, I'm in IT, and sometimes it's necessary to work at night. While I wait for programs to complete or fail, I come to watch you fail. :)

But the weekends are free territory for me! How about you? You're here late a lot.

Last edited:
The reason I have a problem with that, is that these religious zealots cause a lot of problems on this Earth, and have led to countless brutal deaths, and rapes, and torture, and human trafficking.

We would be so far more advanced, spiritually and intellectually, had they not ever come along.
You certainly have an idealized view of the path not taken. Which is pretty amazing considering you really don't seem to know what you are talking about.

Seriously, if you put the half the effort in real life that you put into defending the world against the tyranny of world religion, you wouldn't be working night shifts.
That's funny. I don't work night shifts. I do work whenever necessary, I'm in IT, and sometimes it's necessary to work at night. While I wait for programs to complete or fail, I come to watch you fail. :)

But the weekends are free territory for me! How about you? You're here late a lot.
Not really. Only when I wake up early.

Hmmm... that must be why you are too scared to go 1v1 in the bull ring. Because I fail.

But I do not believe in the Jesus-related religions, and their prejudice and pseudo-science.
You pin-pointed Catholicism. Unless you call the evolution they taught me "pseudo-science" I don't know what else you are imagining. Nor is there prejudice.

I just think it is a good idea for all of us to talk and stand on our own beliefs without throwing out accusations of what we think others believe.

You pin-pointed Catholicism. Unless you call the evolution they taught me "pseudo-science" I don't know what else you are imagining. Nor is there prejudice.

I just think it is a good idea for all of us to talk and stand on our own beliefs without throwing out accusations of what we think others believe.

Not just Catholicism, but all religions. Anything that makes you follow and submit money or blood, is a religion that is in the interest of the "ruler".

You said you're a person of faith. I believe you. I am also a person of faith.

Not really. Only when I wake up early.

Hmmm... that must be why you are too scared to go 1v1 in the bull ring. Because I fail.
Yes, you do! Almost every time!

I think I have agreed with you once. You want me in the "bull ring"? Go for it! I don't want a bunch of your religious zealot friends fucking up the conversation though. Got it?

And there is no copy/pasting allowed. I will be on top of that.

If it includes invalidating religions, then yes. I'm good with it.

Last edited:
Hit me up. I doubt if I will be able to change your mind. you're pretty much dead-set on your point of view. You may be able to change mine though... :)

This genius says it way better than I could ever do...

You said "The debate will be limited to whether or not religion has been a force for good or evil. "

I want to make sure I can invalidate yours and others religions. Show them not to be true. And show them for what they really do. Your rules didn't let me do that, so I'm making sure we're good.

Forum List

Back