Does America have these?

The only other people I know that still eat licorice are old farmers. I personally prefer hard anise drops. The Rainbow Twizzlers are pretty good too.

julieandblogher11-107-683x1024.jpg

Now anise, I like that. I've got star anise on my spice shelf that I use as a treat.

Publix Markets used to sell a shortbread-anise cookie they called "San Francisco" cookies. They were irresistible.

I like anise in my catfish bait and my beef Pho noodles.

I like anise things also.

Tootsie rolls, jelly beans, licorice = warm and hot weather backpacking food

When I was in Texas, I bought Tootsie Roll....this I was unable to eat as I feared doing so would result in me having to find an emergency dentist :eek-52:

I love jelly beans, there's something wrong with people who don't like jelly beans....in fact take them into street and set water cannon on them :smoke:

Even as a kid I hated tootsie rolls.
You might as well be trying to chew a glue stick.

When I was in Texas, I bought Tootsie Roll....this I was unable to eat as I feared doing so would result in me having to find an emergency dentist :eek-52:

I love jelly beans, there's something wrong with people who don't like jelly beans....in fact take them into street and set water cannon on them :smoke:

How are Tootsie Rolls still being produced, surely many people are unable to eat them.

How are Tootsie Rolls still being produced, surely many people are unable to eat them.

I have no idea.
They've always been in the junk candy category as far as I'm concerned,kinda like hard candy.
Pissed me off to go trick or treating as kid and you'd end up with a shitload of em.

I have no idea.
They've always been in the junk candy category as far as I'm concerned,kinda like hard candy.
Pissed me off to go trick or treating as kid and you'd end up with a shitload of em.

"kinda like hard candy."

Yes and Tootsie Rolls of the boulder variety of hard candy.

photograph-of-boulder-14s-north-face.jpg

Do you get these imported to America? If not good, that means more for me :smoke:

View attachment 64895
Hey. I met a German gal at the dog park today, 32 years old only been here 2 years. She told me something interesting as we discussed the national disgrace of not having German breads and sweets readily available. She said everything tasted different, her coffee (same from Germany) but the sugar here is different. Ours is made from corn and the German's are from a beet.

So, this is how you hit on her huh? :wink: :popcorn:

In your soft drinks, I thought them too sweet, you use corn syrup in them, even though I've got a sweet tooth, that was too sweet.

The sugar is Rock Sugar and yes it's made from sugar beets not sugar cane.

Here it is in a supermarket, this is the brown, we prefer the brown.

large_5160a0d5285248fa863d400dde5b268e.jpg

Also comes in white.

diamantkandisweiss.jpg

Here's the brown on a spoon.

turbinado-sugar.jpg

Do you get these imported to America? If not good, that means more for me :smoke:

View attachment 64895
Hey. I met a German gal at the dog park today, 32 years old only been here 2 years. She told me something interesting as we discussed the national disgrace of not having German breads and sweets readily available. She said everything tasted different, her coffee (same from Germany) but the sugar here is different. Ours is made from corn and the German's are from a beet.

In your soft drinks, I thought them too sweet, you use corn syrup in them, even though I've got a sweet tooth, that was too sweet.

Also comes in white.
No, I wasn't hitting on the fraulein. I think she must be married to a military guy, there's a big base close by. I didn't know Germany was flooding, I had heard about France.

Ja, the zucker difference could explain things, flavor and health wise. I don't do too many sweets, no soft drinks, it all way too sweet for me.

"No, I wasn't hitting on the fraulein. I think she must be married to a military guy, there's a big base close by. I didn't know Germany was flooding, I had heard about France.

Ja, the zucker difference could explain things, flavor and health wise. I don't do too many sweets, no soft drinks, it all way too sweet for me."

France and Germany have had some freak weather, Baden-Württemberg and especially Bayern has been affected greatly, also Salzburg flash flooding and big thunderstorm the other day, some roads flooded and even schoolchildren in one part had to spend the night inside their school.

Also more than 70 people at the Rock am Ring music festival in Mendig, Rheinland-Pfalz (Rhineland-Palatinate) were injured by lightning and had to be taken to the hospital. The last day of this festival also cancelled because of the weather.

And about 10 people injured by a lightning strike in Paris, again they were taken to the hospital.

I think everyone is okay though and most have been released now.

I'm hearing that the weather is meant to calm down from tomorrow.

Also comes in white.
No, I wasn't hitting on the fraulein. I think she must be married to a military guy, there's a big base close by. I didn't know Germany was flooding, I had heard about France.

Ja, the zucker difference could explain things, flavor and health wise. I don't do too many sweets, no soft drinks, it all way too sweet for me.

You must sacrifice a brochen upon the alter of Zeus. May he accept your gift and spare the vulnerable.

:lol:

Brötchen, yes :smile:

Linster1.jpg

Also Guglhupf/Gugelhupf, this is my favourite with cherries and cream liqueur icing.

juicy-marzipan-gugelhupf-cake-cherries-cream-liqueur-icing.jpg

I like this one also.

Guglhupf.png

In Bad Ischl, Oberösterreich (Upper Austria) there's a Konditorei (Pâtisserie) Konditorei Zauner, my family have frequented the place for at least 180 years. They make an exquisite Guglhupf/Gugelhupf, Kaiser Franz Josef made Guglhupf/Gugelhupf popular.

If you ever visit Bad Ischl you must visit, here's their website.

Cafe Konditorei und Onlineshop Zauner - Bad Ischl

When I was in America, I had many problems with bread, although I did get some nice Pumpernickel.

This Elsässer Flammkuchen is from Alsace, it's thin and a bit like a pizza type thing.

Myself I like Zwiebelkuchen.

zwiebelkuchen-koennen-sie-herzhaft-mit-speck-oder-vegetarisch-zubereiten-.jpg

Jägermeister is excellent stuff, but not as majestic as Schwartzhog. Do you get this imported to America?

Schwartzhog mixed with Red Bull is very good.

1024x768_Wallpaper2.jpg

View attachment 64895
we have liquorice in america, but if i'm going to ingest anything that tastes like gnarly ass crack it'll be this:
250px-Jagermeister_bottle.jpg

Jägermeister is excellent stuff, but not as majestic as Schwartzhog. Do you get this imported to America?

Schwartzhog mixed with Red Bull is very good.

1024x768_Wallpaper2.jpg

View attachment 64895
we have liquorice in america, but if i'm going to ingest anything that tastes like gnarly ass crack it'll be this:
250px-Jagermeister_bottle.jpg
probably can get it, not likely at the local store, though. there's a giant shopping mall just for booze not far from here though, i'll have to remember it next time i'm out that way so i can try it out.

Good, I hope that shopping mall has some, I know you'll like Schwartzhog :thup:

I'm looking for this in the US:

Tarte Flambée (Elsässer Flammkuchen)

So far, no luck in the supermarkets.
Amazon has quite a few things in their International food section. Might be there.

I'm looking for this in the US:

Tarte Flambée (Elsässer Flammkuchen)

So far, no luck in the supermarkets.
You're probably not going to find it in American supermarkets, you have to look for German (ethnic) markets/bakeries.

You must sacrifice a brochen upon the alter of Zeus. May he accept your gift and spare the vulnerable.

:lol:

Brötchen, yes :smile:

Linster1.jpg
I was raised on those, we usually lived where they were available. I can eat them with nothing on them or with just butter.

Amazon has quite a few things in their International food section. Might be there.
I looked. They want $17 for a loaf of German Rye bread. WTF? It costs $3 back east.

Forum List

Back