Does America have these?

On a serious note, IDK anyone that eats that crap. I know a bunch of people that like twizzlers, but not liquorice. lol

I had to look up Twizzlers, they're all different flavours, but it says they began as liquorice....you American's are just weird :eek-52: :poke::terror: :scared1:

Loooosee.... you got some 'splainin' to do.....

Quick English tip: we never never use an apostrophe to form a plural in English. Ever. An apostrophe either denotes a possessive or stands in for another letter, often the I of the word "is". Thus the above can only read as "you American is are just weird". It's simply "Americans", no apostrophe.

Not nagging, just don't want your posts to look as bad as some of those from the Merkins here. Native Anglophones who should know better, but don't.

On a serious note, IDK anyone that eats that crap. I know a bunch of people that like twizzlers, but not liquorice. lol

I had to look up Twizzlers, they're all different flavours, but it says they began as liquorice....you American's are just weird :eek-52: :poke::terror: :scared1:

Quick English tip: we never never use an apostrophe to form a plural in English. Ever. An apostrophe either denotes a possessive or stands in for another letter, often the I of the word "is". Thus the above can only read as "you American is are just weird". It's simply "Americans", no apostrophe.

Not nagging, just don't want your posts to look as bad as some of those from the Merkins here. Native Anglophones who should know better, but don't.

Thanks Professor :smile:

I'll try and learn from the advice you give here :smiliehug:

Damn you Lucy...
A 4lb tub of Red Vines,some Super Ropes and some Bassetts are on the way.
You're a bad influence.

:lol: A bad influence! Good!

You know about the bad influence, Aaronland I'm sure has corrupted my mind, I was innocent girl before I came here....now, well, it's just too shocking :eek-52:

Thanks Professor :smile:

I'll try and learn from the advice you give here :smiliehug:

If it's any consolation we still have two or three words in English that retain the Germanic -en plural form. Those are oxen and children. There's also brethren but that's semi-archaic.

Other than that we follow the French model using -S.
And I can't wait until Bill O'Reilly finds out about that.
hair-fire.gif

The only other people I know that still eat licorice are old farmers. I personally prefer hard anise drops. The Rainbow Twizzlers are pretty good too.

julieandblogher11-107-683x1024.jpg

The only other people I know that still eat licorice are old farmers. I personally prefer hard anise drops. The Rainbow Twizzlers are pretty good too.

If you like red licorice you owe it to yourself to try Red Vines.
They put Twizzlers to shame.
I don't knooow. Sounds a bit outside my comfort zone. I did try the Crush version a couple days ago and was like :puke3:

If you like red licorice you owe it to yourself to try Red Vines.
They put Twizzlers to shame.
I don't knooow. Sounds a bit outside my comfort zone. I did try the Crush version a couple days ago and was like :puke3:

These people have been making licorice for almost a hundred years.
We're not talking black licorice(which only evil people like)we're talking a sweet cherry like flavor.

Now anise, I like that. I've got star anise on my spice shelf that I use as a treat.

Publix Markets used to sell a shortbread-anise cookie they called "San Francisco" cookies. They were irresistible.

Now anise, I like that. I've got star anise on my spice shelf that I use as a treat.

Publix Markets used to sell a shortbread-anise cookie they called "San Francisco" cookies. They were irresistible.

I like anise in my catfish bait and my beef Pho noodles.

Twizzlers suck!
The only red licorice worth buying anymore.
View attachment 64897
That is not licorice.

Actually black licorice is the only true licorice but I dont care for it.
But given these guys have been making the stuff for a hundred years I'll cut em some slack.

Tootsie rolls, jelly beans, licorice = warm and hot weather backpacking food

Tootsie rolls, jelly beans, licorice = warm and hot weather backpacking food

When I was in Texas, I bought Tootsie Roll....this I was unable to eat as I feared doing so would result in me having to find an emergency dentist :eek-52:

I love jelly beans, there's something wrong with people who don't like jelly beans....in fact take them into street and set water cannon on them :smoke:

Forum List

Back