Do You Wear Glasses?

.... or contacts?
Have you had laser eye surgery or inserts?

Of have you had 20/20 vision your entire life?

I wear contacts but - wear my glasses in the morning and at night.

Both my distant and reading vision are bad :(

Glasses since 2nd grade. Tried contacts in College, didn't like them too much.

No one is zapping my eyes with anything.

About a year ago, I switched from bifocal glasses back to contacts. When I got my prescription, my doc said he could reduce one eye so I could see better up close. Not realizing how much hassle it would cause, I said no, because I wanted to have perfect vision at distance. What I failed to account for is the fact that 90%+ of my life involves close up seeing. Now I'm just using up the contacts I bought so I can get my prescription adjusted.

I wear glasses, but they don't help much. Surgery's not an option in my case.

If not for accessibility settings, I couldn't function as well as I do on the internet. My relatively low post count is partially a result of my vision impairment.

About a year ago, I switched from bifocal glasses back to contacts. When I got my prescription, my doc said he could reduce one eye so I could see better up close. Not realizing how much hassle it would cause, I said no, because I wanted to have perfect vision at distance. What I failed to account for is the fact that 90%+ of my life involves close up seeing. Now I'm just using up the contacts I bought so I can get my prescription adjusted.

I hear you can have bifocal contact lenses, and they put one lens in for near and one for far - weird.
I don't think I can do that either. rather just wear reading glasses. That just makes no sense to me!

If not for accessibility settings, I couldn't function as well as I do on the internet. My relatively low post count is partially a result of my vision impairment.

Is it a naturally occurring vision issue or did something happen?
I have a neighbor that is nearly legally blind, but I think he was just born with extremely poor vision.....
He's on the go a lot though, rides a motorcycle etc. I do think he has diabetes though....

I have a neighbor that is nearly legally blind, but I think he was just born with extremely poor vision.....
He's on the go a lot though, rides a motorcycle etc. I do think he has diabetes though....

Diabetes can cause vision problems, most definitely.

Yes.

Probably as a result of a certain adolescent activity that we were warned about.

I hear you can have bifocal contact lenses, and they put one lens in for near and one for far - weird.
I don't think I can do that either. rather just wear reading glasses. That just makes no sense to me!
My doc says they don't yet make a good bifocal lens, so I haven't tried any. I don't really think, though, that he'd have to do a whole lot so I could function with one eye adjusted. If the light is bright, I can almost read normally.

...Besides, I look damn good in specs. lol
I've been told that, too. :laugh:

Glasses are kind of like facial hair. Once you 'get used' to seeing somebody wearing them all the time, that person might end up looking a little strange without them (see Drew Carey, for instance).

Glasses are kind of like facial hair. Once you 'get used' to seeing somebody wearing them all the time, that person might end up looking strange without them (see Drew Carey, for instance).

I have both. I was forced to shave and forgo my glasses of a Halloween party last year. I looked entirly different. I only left my glasses off for the pictures because being drunk is quite difficult with very poor eyesight. lol

My vision is clinically called 'piss poor'. I needed glasses earlier but didn't start until around 9yo. I thought the world was fuzzy. A teacher reported it (army brat), I couldn't read the chalk board.

I looked into Lasik a few times, has it scheduled once but did a crash course on it and decided against it. Most people have had good luck but I'm not most people. Some lose a bit of contrast which is a deal breaker alone but then I need to see close up sometimes and Lasik would correct for distance.

I'm married to my glasses at this point and it would be hazardous without them since I am used to my eyes being protected and drilling or whatever could send a particle into the eyeball.

Contacts were out of the question for me, just the thought of touching my eyeball makes me cringe.

Glasses are kind of like facial hair. Once you 'get used' to seeing somebody wearing them all the time, that person might end up looking strange without them (see Drew Carey, for instance).

I have both. I was forced to shave and forgo my glasses of a Halloween party last year. I looked entirly different. I only left my glasses off for the pictures because being drunk is quite difficult with very poor eyesight. lol

Pics! Show us some pics! ;)

I have a rare autoimmune disorder that attacks the eyes among other things. It's believed to be related to a genetic marker possessed by something like 6% of the population. Not everyone who has that antigen will develop the condition, but a high percentage of people who've been diagnosed with the condition also happen to have the genetic marker present in their genes. Myself included. Around 1% of the population has the disorder.

Pics! Show us some pics! ;)

And give you smart-asses more ammunition!? lol. I'll see if I can find it. My photo folder is about as organized as a Pollock painting.

It's definitely not that or the entire world would be blind

Forum List

Back