Do You Wear Glasses?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
.... or contacts?
Have you had laser eye surgery or inserts?

Of have you had 20/20 vision your entire life?

I wear contacts but - wear my glasses in the morning and at night.

Both my distant and reading vision are bad :(

I have contacts and glasses
I want surgery. Hopefully I will have it one day.
I have been wearing glasses since I was in Kindergarten

My son can't have laser eye surgery, but is looking into the "permanent lens inserts" - apparently it's like $8,000 but - not sure of the risks. Will have to look into that.

I hate wearing glasses, not because of the look but they are so cumbersome!

.... when I first went to try contacts, I thought I would NEVER be able to put them in my eyes.
now I can touch my eyeballs like it's nothing - not sure that is a good thing!

I think glasses can be hot. Like Sarah Palin :)

or Tea Leoni

tumblr_ne246tIr7H1tmd2e2o1_1280.jpg

There is a new thing out where you wear contacts at night that corrects you vision so you don't need contacts during the day...

.... or contacts?

I wear Glasses, and even then I am as blind as Mr. Magoo...

th

Also you have Audrey Hepburn as your pic?

I have had good success with contacts (for a date perspective, my first contacts were hard, not real comfortable), because my sharp depth of field stopped about 6 inches in front of my eyes. Since I've gotten older, however, I need reading glasses to see up close, and have to deal with having them always available. Not too much fun. I am interested, though, in permanent lens replacement at some point. Not sure I want to lose the ability to hold something up very close to my eyes and see it clearly.

There is a new thing out where you wear contacts at night that corrects you vision so you don't need contacts during the day...
That's how the hard contacts worked. When I went off them, I had to wait 6 months while my eyes adjusted to get my final prescription.

.... or contacts?

I wear Glasses, and even then I am as blind as Mr. Magoo...

th

Also you have Audrey Hepburn as your pic?

Yep, she's was so awesome. Feeling nostalgic I guess....
My whole family has terrible vision..... I was doomed from the start!

Nope. Not yet anyways. I always had better than perfect vision, but lately I've noticed that I can't see as well. My vision (the last time I was checked) was 20/15 in one eye and 20/20 in the other, so technically my vision is still perfect, but not as good as it used to be. I don't ever want to wear glasses, though. Seems like a PITA.

Nope. Not yet anyways. I always had better than perfect vision, but lately I've noticed that I can't see as well. My vision (the last time I was checked) was 20/15 in one eye and 20/20 in the other, so technically my vision is still perfect, but not as good as it used to be. I don't ever want to wear glasses, though. Seems like a PITA.

My husband also has perfect vision, except for reading. Plus, I think he's getting cataracs (spelling?) - the though of anyone cutting on my eye freaks me out

My husband also has perfect vision, except for reading. Plus, I think he's getting cataracs (spelling?) - the though of anyone cutting on my eye freaks me out
It's done by laser surgery in many places now, just like the corrective eye lens laser surgery..

I am nearsighted, and started wearing glasses when I was ten years old (1959). When I was 40, I switched to "extended-wear" contacts, wearing them for 30-40 days continuously, then cleaning them and re-inserting. About ten years in, I needed reading glasses, and had my contact prescription modified so that I can read with my right eye, and see distances with my left. It sounds weird, but I never had any problems with it, even with depth perception.

Over the past ten years, my vision is steadily improving, which seems like a good thing, but isn't. I have to have my prescription changed every 18 months or so just to keep up with it.

Now, I only wear contacts when I am going to be sweating profusely (work or sports). Otherwise I just wear my glasses. I actually see a little better with the glasses.

Honestly, the only time when I NEED excellent vision is when I'm playing golf, but even with new lenses I can follow the flight of the ball, but I can never see it landing, for some unknown reason.

At one time I considered laser eye surgery, but it didn't seem worth the cost, especially considering how my prescription seems to change for no apparent reason. I would really be pissed if I spent $5 thousand on an operation, then needed corrective lenses a couple years later.

Forum List

Back