Do you take the computer in the shop when the fan gets noisy.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
I never did but I like the windows 10 and I think I should. It has a DVD in it, all the bells and whistles. Its a touch and well it has a wired keyboard that lights up.
I tried the windows 11 and I don't like it at all.

Last edited:
Clean all the air vents to see if that makes a difference. Otherwise you may feel happy replacing the fan yourself. Or not.

I never did but I like the windows 10 and I think I should. It has a DVD in it, all the bells and whistles. Its a touch and well it has a wired keyboard that lights up.
How old is this computer? You can get a computer repair guy to replace the fans for pretty cheap, but if its an old computer your better off buying a new one.

The fans generally kick in when you are doing something intensive, like watching video (especially high res video) or playing video games. It can also happen from having too many applications running. Turning down the brightness on your screen can help sometimes.

If a fan is making a lot of noise, then its probably on its last legs.

Clean all the air vents to see if that makes a difference. Otherwise you may feel happy replacing the fan yourself. Or not.
No I would never to that myself.

Its several years old and I don't like the windows 11 at all. They are expensive for the USB ports, no dvd, and you have to download them to have files on computers. They mainly come with a 16" computer. They us Bing.

How old is this computer? You can get a computer repair guy to replace the fans for pretty cheap, but if its an old computer your better off buying a new one.

The fans generally kick in when you are doing something intensive, like watching video (especially high res video) or playing video games. It can also happen from having too many applications running. Turning down the brightness on your screen can help sometimes.

If a fan is making a lot of noise, then its probably on its last legs.
Can you, I should call around. I don't like new computers, they have windows 11 in.

I take the cover off my pc once or twice a year and take it outside with a can of air and blow it clean.

I've also replaced fans in previous pc's. Easy and simple to do.........like changing a light bulb.
At least on the PC's I've had.........HP's.

Nah I replace it myself

I dont know nothing about computers. Just to work them.
Its really easy these days. You can google it on your phone and it will give you step by step instructions, and there arent many steps.

Or you pay some kid at a computer store to do it.

Its really easy these days. You can google it on your phone and it will give you step by step instructions, and there arent many steps.

Or you pay some kid at a computer store to do it.
I'm not going to do it, no way would I do it.

I haven't had a desktop in my home for so long I forgot about cooling fans. But yes, your tower needs new cooling fans, it will take a repair shop under an hour to replace them. That's all you will pay for the labor and the cost of some cheap fans. It's a simple procedure if you think you need to do this.

Canned air first. Then if need be I would go buy a new fan and install it. Remove cover. 4 screws on most fans. Remove fan screws. Trace fan wires back to prongs attached to. Gently pull fan wire off prongs. Remember what prongs it was attached to. Reverse order on installation of new fan. Not sure there is any easier thing to do to a computer

Forum List

Back