• Yes

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I pray, but not every day

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
george-whitefield-quote-it-is-an-undoubted-truth-that-every-doctrine.jpg

The church are the invisible body of believers in Jesus Christ.

I love Whitefield.

I love him too. It came to me that as there are so many people reading this thread and they should given them something praise worthy, something read worthy to feed their souls and rouse those who are slumbering out of their sleep! Any thread with grumbling and complaints can potentially depress a person and cause them to feel cast down but to cause them to think on God, and to rise up and take hold of their faith in God is something pleasing unto the LORD. The Word of God has the power to convert the souls of men. God always confirms His Own Word and His Own servants. George Whitfield was a faithful servant of God.

Jere, thank you for your opinions and examples. To be martyred for Christ comes in many ways. It may required blood and physical suffering and even death. In the Kentucky clerk's case, right now, she is subjet to the sanctions of the law and the mockery of her enemies.

Ky. clerk defies court on gay-marriage licenses

Jake, those are not my opinions I just share with you. Those are the Word of the King James Bible in Revelation 20:4 which says:

And I saw the thrones and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev. 20:4

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Rev. 20:5, 6

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev. 20:7,8

So according to the Written Word of God (which we must go by the Written Word in the Bible not our own opinions - God fulfills His Own Word - not our "opinions") those who share in the first resurrection are beheaded for the witness of Christ because they refuse to deny Him, refuse to deny the Written Word of God, refuse to take the mark of the Beast or worship the Beast nor his image. They also receive Martyrs crowns to cast at the feet of Jesus Christ. They also are given the honor of being seated on the 12 thrones and judging the 12 tribes of Israel (I can give you the scripture if you want it) and the world and the angels - they are also given the honor of ruling and reigning with Jesus Christ for a thousand years without the devil being on the earth during that time! What's not to want???!!!
Revelations is about End of Days, the time of which no man knows.

Jere, do you not know you martyr yourself to the world every day you do the Lord's will? That means today. You may suffer greatly, you may not, but you will be doing the Lord's Will.

I caution you gently to be careful, verily so, in differing between the Word and your opinion of the Word. Above is an example. You used an End Times example that may or may not be applicable today. You should make that distinction up front.

We are in the end days that Daniel spoke of, Jake. Will we see the Great Tribulation in our time? I believe we will but perhaps we won't. It is all in God's hands. All things are in God's hands, Jake. So we trust in Him and He will fulfill His will in our lives. Whatever that may be. To God be the Glory.

We do need to redeem the time and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost and call the backslidden to return to the LORD because we know the time is short.
That's you opinion, yes, but the fact is that no man knows His coming.

Now I want you to trust in Him, commune with Him, and I want you to listen in prayer not talk. Try all of that as a prayer language. Try praying without speaking.

To be clear, Jake, I never said any man would know the day of the LORD's return. I am speaking of being ready for the day of the LORD's return. Keep reading. More George Whitefield maxims coming up - God willing.

Joseph Smith was a false prophet.
No, Joseph Smith was a con man.

He was a con man. You are right. He was also a practicing the occult but he was also a false prophet / teacher, Synthaholic. He taught lies and because the people believed him, they were led astray and some have perished in hell because of him. He was a wolf in sheep's clothing. To this day there are men and women deceived by his teachings. Sad but true.

Had the people been reading and studying Scripture like the Bereans and rejected anything that was not found in Scripture - they would not have been deceived. Through not reading the Word of God and knowing it and through not having a strong prayer life - they were deceived. We should pray about everything. We should not listen to someone because they "say they are a Christian'. There are many people in the occult who infiltrate churches, social media, wherever Christians are gathered, in order to deceive them and target them. People need to be very careful about who they keep company with and who they choose to keep fellowship with because these people are not only targeting them but their families to inflict great harm. Great harm.

Last edited:
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
Matthew 11:12

1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;

13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

16 Rejoice evermore.

17 Pray without ceasing.

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

19 Quench not the Spirit.

20 Despise not prophesyings.

21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

25 Brethren, pray for us.

26 Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.

27 I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

1 Thessalonians 5: 1-28

King James Version (KJV)

To be clear, Jake, I never said any man would know the day of the LORD's return. I am speaking of being ready for the day of the LORD's return. Keep reading. More George Whitefield maxims coming up - God willing.
Jere, be careful with your words, please, and don't be defensive. You misspoke about Gandhi and you are amending what you wrote above about the End of Days. Don't be haughty, don't be above caring criticsm. Also I love your love of the Lord's word; love Him even more.

Joseph Smith was a schizophrenic, ecstatic self-believer who believed his own con, like many American religions' beginnings between 1820 and 1960. Two well recognized historians have recently been pursuing the pre-LDS church and its later development as a maturing criminal activity that really reached its peak about WW One and has been running smoothly ever since.

Forum List

Back