Stock market will crash in 60 days...

Average retirement savings are down considerably. What don’t you understand? Sure, there is always money to be made if you know how to trade, but the average retirement plan participant doesn’t trade stocks.
Since what date?
At the peak, YES, the Highest Dow in the trump Presidency, the DOW closed at just under 31,100, (second Chart ) and just under 30,000 pre Covid (1st Chart)

No matter what timeframe you use, the DOW is up OVER 4,000 since trump left office. If You are losing money in this market, it is NOT the fault of Biden, no matter how hard you try to spin it.
Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 1.21.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 1.25.51 PM.png

Since what date?
At the peak, YES, the Highest Dow in the trump Presidency, the DOW closed at just under 31,100, (second Chart ) and just under 30,000 pre Covid (1st Chart)

No matter what timeframe you use, the DOW is up OVER 4,000 since trump left office. If You are losing money in this market, it is NOT the fault of Biden, no matter how hard you try to spin it.
View attachment 807610
View attachment 807612
The DOW just completed its best 6 week run since President Obama.

...says best selling author Larry McDonald.

"They're playing catch up, and while they were doing quantitative easing in 2021, inflation started to rage and now they're trying to catch up," The Bear Traps Report founder Larry McDonald said Wednesday on "Mornings with Maria."

"Our 21 Lehman systemic risk indicators that look at equity and credit point to one of the highest probabilities of a crash in the stock market looking out 60 days," McDonald, who is also known for writing a best-selling book on the Lehman Brothers collapse, cautioned.

Don't have anything to add to that...not a stock expert. It just feels very very Black Monday-esque.

The title of that article is a little misleading...McDonald actually says "best chance" if the S&P earning fail to meet expectations.

I wasn't around in 1929...but I was in 1987.

You experts can discuss the ins and outs of the article...I'm just going to read the replies.

Well, most of the replies.

Not the replies from those who know less than I do who will unfailingly post that everything is fine because hope and fairy dust and a potato in the White House.

Wow.

You suck.

Empirically!

Since what date?

View attachment 807610
View attachment 807612

My investments are up, but still not recovered from the dismal losses in 2022. Unless you were shorting or just really good at picking individual stocks, you lost money too. Most people lost money. Remember, if you lose 25% in value, you must gain 33% to get back to recover from that loss. The fact is, most retirement savings are still well down from their highs. If you managed to avoid that mess in 2022, congratulations, but you are in the minority. Most may be gaining now, but it doesn't account for their losses, not just in real $$, but in the time lost.

My investments are up, but still not recovered from the dismal losses in 2022. Unless you were shorting or just really good at picking individual stocks, you lost money too. Most people lost money. Remember, if you lose 25% in value, you must gain 33% to get back to recover from that loss. The fact is, most retirement savings are still well down from their highs. If you managed to avoid that mess in 2022, congratulations, but you are in the minority. Most may be gaining now, but it doesn't account for their losses, not just in real $$, but in the time lost.

The market goes up, the market goes down. If you are worried so much about one year, you should have no money in the markets and have it all in bonds

The market goes up, the market goes down. If you are worried so much about one year, you should have no money in the markets and have it all in bonds

1 year or 5 years, a 20%-25% loss is hard to stomach and recover from for most people. The money could be recovered over time, but the lost time lost for earning can never be recovered. If you lose 25% in 1 year and you get even by growing 33% in the next 3, you still lost 3 years of earning potential.

1 year or 5 years, a 20%-25% loss is hard to stomach and recover from for most people. The money could be recovered over time, but the lost time lost for earning can never be recovered. If you lose 25% in 1 year and you get even by growing 33% in the next 3, you still lost 3 years of earning potential.
This is true % wise.

Pretend that an investor has ALL their money in just ONE stock, for simplicity.
If the stock has a value of $100, and it drops to $75 and then rises back to $100, the investment is still worth the same when it was $100 and again when it rises back to $100.

This is true % wise.

Pretend that an investor has ALL their money in just ONE stock, for simplicity.
If the stock has a value of $100, and it drops to $75 and then rises back to $100, the investment is still worth the same when it was $100 and again when it rises back to $100.

The objective is to make money, not break even.

The objective is to make money, not break even.
I was just stating an example. Jeez.

Historically, the market has ALWAYS gone up and down.
This is not a mystery.

What has happened to the market since Trump left Office?
Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 1.21.30 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 1.25.51 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 1.25.51 PM.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 10
The Rich and Prosperous Keep Getting Richer.

...says best selling author Larry McDonald.
Poor Larry.
Is there an Update from Larry?
You experts can discuss the ins and outs of the article...I'm just going to read the replies.

Well, most of the replies.

Not the replies from those who know less than I do who will unfailingly post that everything is fine because hope and fairy dust and a potato in the White House.
Jacked Up Joe is no potato.

The stock market is being held up by 7 companies that are posting record profits. It has NOTHING to do with the state of the economy.

When it goes down it has everything to do with the economy and it is all Biden's fault.

When it is doing well it has nothing to do with the economy.

You people are are predictable as the sunset.

Forum List

Back