The one star of "Big Bang Theory" who has a doctorate in Psychology discusses faith

browsing deer

Silver Member
Jul 11, 2015
in the forrest
From the Hollywood Reporter...

"'Bialik said that having a faith in the Hollywood circle isn't "trendy." "I think in general it's never going to be trendy to be observant or religious in Hollywood circles," the actress said. "There are people I know of faith and we tend to congregate together. I study Jewish texts weekly. That's something really positive to me when you're a person of faith, it stays with you all the time.

"Being a scientist and a person of faith, people want to know how that is. It leads to a lot of interesting conversations that I welcome but a lot of people want to open up a conversation just to tell you, you're wrong," the actress continued.

While she is open and candid about her faith, Bialik says there are other elements that make her who she is: "I am who I am and it just kind of happened the fact that I'm a public person but there are a lot of other parts to me."'

Just something I found Interesting for those who laugh at people of faith because of "science!!!!"

I am a fan of Bialik.

She has never been shy about her faith as a Jew. Born into a reform family, she considers herself modern orthodox and a Zionist.

To believe in god and to be a scientist is completly normal. I have the feeling the most peole who are discussing "religion vs science" don't have a big idea about science and don't have a big idea about religion too. Atheism is not a kind of privileged fact - atheism is a belief, that's all. And agnosticism is not a belief - agnosticism is a philosophy. Agnosticism is specially not a kind of continuum between belief and atheism, because atheism is a belief on its own - and that's the only thing what agnosticism shows really (... besides it shows a problem of the aristotalian logic in case we try to think about the existance and not-existance of god). So a sentence like "No one should be allowed to speak about his belief in public" is nothing else than a substanceless unique characteristics of the religion atheism.

I'm by the way personally very happy about every Jew who lost not his belief in god - because this makes Nazis angry - and I love angry Nazis. So thank you very much Mayim.

To believe in god and to be a scientist is completly normal. I have the feeling the most peole who are discussing "religion vs science" don't have a big idea about science and don't have a big idea about religion too. Atheism is not a kind of privileged fact - atheism is a belief, that's all. And agnosticism is not a belief - agnosticism is a philosophy. Agnosticism is specially not a kind of continuum between belief and atheism, because atheism is a belief on its own - and that's the only thing what agnosticism shows really (... besides it shows a problem of the aristotalian logic in case we try to think about the existance and not-existance of god). So a sentence like "No one should be allowed to speak about his belief in public" is nothing else than a substanceless unique characteristics of the religion atheism.

I'm by the way personally very happy about every Jew who lost not his belief in god - because this makes Nazis angry - and I love angry Nazis. So thank you very much Mayim.

I wish I could give this 12 ratings!

Forum List

Back