Do you pray daily?

• Yes

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I pray, but not every day

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
He that overcometh, shall inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Revelation 21:7

quote-never-was-a-faithful-prayer-lost-some-prayers-have-a-longer-voyage-than-others-but-then-they-william-gurnall-76893.jpg

Jere: To be clear, Jake, I never said any man would know the day of the LORD's return. I am speaking ofbeing ready for the day of the LORD's return. Keep reading. More George Whitefield maxims coming up - God willing.

Jake: Jere, be careful with your words, please, and don't be defensive. You misspoke about Gandhi and you are amending what you wrote above about the End of Days. Don't be haughty, don't be above caring criticsm. Also I love your love of the Lord's word; love Him even more.

No man can be saved in ignorance. - Joseph Smith

I like to say ignorance is not bliss! It is downright deadly! How many perish because they do not study the Scriptures for themselves and end up listening to people who lead them astray and shipwreck their faith? It is happening more in the days we are living in then ever before in history - I believe.

How many study the scriptures and still don't see the truth. Jesus rebuked the Pharisees once because they searched the scriptures and thought they had eternal life because of that. But they missed the point of the scriptures, which was to testify of Christ.

I'm not saying scripture study is not important. I believe quite the opposite. But it has to be done with the correct purpose which is to bring people to Christ. Too many exalt the scriptures and treat the book as though it's God when it's a tool to lead us to Him.

e-m-bounds-quote.jpg

How many study the scriptures and still don't see the truth. Jesus rebuked the Pharisees once because they searched the scriptures and thought they had eternal life because of that. But they missed the point of the scriptures, which was to testify of Christ.

I'm not saying scripture study is not important. I believe quite the opposite. But it has to be done with the correct purpose which is to bring people to Christ. Too many exalt the scriptures and treat the book as though it's God when it's a tool to lead us to Him.

You make many good points, Avatar, but with one exception. That Jesus Christ is the Word that became flesh and dwelt among us. He is the Word. Which is why the Scriptures, the Word of God has the power to convert the souls of men. With that said, I believe you desire to know God, to please God and to live for Him and I also believe He sees your heart and is able to reveal to you and give you all that you need to know His will for your life. I know the LORD loves you as much as He does Starkey or anyone else on this board (or on earth for that matter!)

Correct! One must rightly divide the word to start with meaning who is being spoken to? There are three groups of peoples spoken to in the bible...the jews, the nations and the church. All scripture is for the church but not all scripture is about the church. Learn under Dr Billye Brim, Jeremiah. She is an incredibly wise lady in the areas of prophesy and prayer. Her ministry is called Prayer Mountain in the Ozarks out of Branson MO

Hmmm...sure sounds like strive to be prosperous to me Jeremiah. Better delete this one because according to you it is a golden crown to be poor but how do the poor help the poor? Tell me that

Gurnall was speaking of richness in spiritual maturity. Not filthy lucre!
That's YOUR spin on it and you are still not explaining how someone poor can help someone else in the same hole. Grow up woman! People and ministries who have no money can't supply food, medicine, clothes, bibles etc without money

Forum List

Back