Do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo and why?

onthefence said:
Do your civic duty. Call the INS.

Both are legal now,

one went through the legalization process and is one of the best guys I have ever worked with.

The other was granted political asylum, he is a teacher now.

Two good guys, both have been through the a lot of shit and have come through with steady jobs, houses, citizenship and families.

1549 said:
If you are anti-illegal alien then stop making sweeping generalizations.

You just don't get it do ya?

"IT'S NOT YOUR PLACE TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T SAY". Get that through your fucking skull moron.

Pale Rider said:
You just don't get it do ya?

"IT'S NOT YOUR PLACE TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T SAY". Get that through your fucking skull moron.

Take it as a suggestion...you will come across better.

1549 said:
Take it as a suggestion...you will come across better.

How about I DON'T take it as a suggestion. I've been on this board a long time. I've seen lots of cherries like you come and go. The rest of the old timers here know who and what I am, an individual, and YOU aren't going to change that.

Get over it, or leave.

Pale Rider said:
I welcome any mexican into this country "legaly". They're just as welcome as anyone else "legaly".

And just for the record, I love mexican food, and I've been known to pound a few Corona's with lime too.

There ya go!! So hang out at a place owned and operated by "legals", and have some great Mexican food and a good cold Corona or two or three!!

Just because some people came here illegally (and yes, I know...lots came illegally) is no reason to hurt those who went through all the steps to be here properly and is also no reason for you not to have something that you enjoy!

That's all I was trying to say. ;)

Pale Rider said:
How about I DON'T take it as a suggestion. I've been on this board a long time. I've seen lots of cherries like you come and go. The rest of the old timers here know who and what I am, an individual, and YOU aren't going to change that.

Get over it, or leave.

When you leave the message board setting and start telling people that Mexicans can kiss your red, white and blue ass, you will be thought of as a bigot. Your reputation will not be saved by your status at a message board.

1549 said:
When you leave the message board setting and start telling people that Mexicans can kiss your red, white and blue ass, you will be thought of as a bigot. Your reputation will not be saved by your status at a message board.
I can tell you for him that he doesn't care. You're wasting your breath.

1549 said:

Let's just put it this way, your liberal name calling and spineless opinion just don't have much impact here.

Worry about your own reputation, not mine.

jillian said:
There ya go!! So hang out at a place owned and operated by "legals", and have some great Mexican food and a good cold Corona or two or three!!

Just because some people came here illegally (and yes, I know...lots came illegally) is no reason to hurt those who went through all the steps to be here properly and is also no reason for you not to have something that you enjoy!

That's all I was trying to say. ;)

The illegal aliens marching and skipping out on work the other day boycotted EVERYTHING American. They didn't distinguish one way or the other about us, so I'm not going to distinquish one way or the other about them. Legal, illegal, doesn't matter. "Mexican" is all that matters. Same as they did to me for being an "American".

theHawk said:
Yes I did. Because the Spurs finished off the Kings on "Cinco de Mayo". :funnyface

:banana:
If it's spurs-pistons in the finals again, its not going to be pretty for your team :D

1549 said:

How long have you been a member here? About three weeks? And here you are giving lessons to Pale on how to post to please you. That takes a particularly high level of arrogance. If you find Pale's straightforward method of posting offensive, you may just be on the wrong board. If there is one thing we don't kowtow to here, it's someone trying to put the PC muzzle on us.

Abbey Normal said:
How long have you been a member here? About three weeks? And here you are giving lessons to Pale on how to post to please you. That takes a particularly high level of arrogance. If you find Pale's straightforward method of posting offensive, you may just be on the wrong board. If there is one thing we don't kowtow to here, it's someone trying to put the PC muzzle on us.

No poster on this site--regardless of post total--should stand by and let someone spew mindless prejudice without calling them out on it.

1549 said:
No poster on this site--regardless of post total--should stand by and let someone spew mindless prejudice without calling them out on it.

I must have missed the day when you were crowned arbiter of what is unacceptably offensive on this board. :rolleyes: In any event, there is a difference between "calling someone out" on something, and suggesting that they have no right to post it.

There are posts that I don't like all the time. So what? You can live with it, or you can move on. The board is not going to change for your particular sensibilites, trust me. Nor would I want it to.

Abbey Normal said:
I must have missed the day when you were crowned arbiter of what is unacceptably offensive on this board. :rolleyes: In any event, there is a difference between "calling someone out" on something, and suggesting that they have no right to post it.

There are posts that I don't like all the time. So what? You can live with it, or you can move on. The board is not going to change for your particular sensibilites, trust me. Nor would I want it to.

If Pale is going to make those sorts of remarks, I am going to tell him that he should stop. It is wrong and it makes him sound like an ignorant piece of shit. After that he can say and do whatever he wants.

1549 said:
If Pale is going to make those sorts of remarks, I am going to tell him that he should stop. It is wrong and it makes him sound like an ignorant piece of shit. After that he can say and do whatever he wants.
There are probably more productive uses of your time...

The ClayTaurus said:
There are probably more productive uses of your time...

True, I am actually supposed to be finishing up a Psych paper right now. :slap:

I do not mean that I am going to be patrolling for Pale's prejudice posts. But if I do read something like that, I can not let it slide without saying something.

1549 said:

I do not mean that I am going to be patrolling for Pale's prejudice posts. But if I do read something like that, I can not let it slide without saying something.

Ever hear the expression "don't try to teach a pig to talk. You won't succeed and you'll just annoy the pig?"

(Not implying Pale is a pig, btw....... so no insult intended).

1549 said:

Just so long as you understand that it's not that Pale doesn't understand that what he says is offensive. He's fully tuned in to that. In fact, it's probably intentional.

The point is, he doesn't care. Not in the slightest.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back