Do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo and why?

onthefence said:
You are a hard ass, but you already know that. I can respect that. Just don't question my Patriotism because I like 25 cent beer. Not all mexicans are bad. Not all of them protested. The cantina that I frequent was open all day Monday, therefore I drank there on Friday. Ya dig?

Hard asses made this country what it is, and lilly livered candy asses will take it down.

Which one are you?

Pale Rider said:
Hard asses made this country what it is, and lilly livered candy asses will take it down.

Which one are you?

I am neither. I am a patriot that has served his country and would gladly do it again. I plan to serve my country my entire life, in one capacity or another. This is what I am. If you want to question my patriotism over some 25 cent Mexican beer or if you want to stop eating at Taco Bell, fine. Do your own thing. That is your right. Since you have questioned my patriotism over some 25 cent Mexican beer, chips and salsa, and the delicious queso dip that I love, I am exercising my right to tell you to go fuck yourself.

Hard-assed enough for ya there Poncho?

Cinco de what?

Like most of the cuisine from around the world I have found it is much better when Americans change it . The wonderful Fajitas that Jilian spoke of are a Texas creation and are better here than anywhere else I have tried them. I have had "real" Mexican food and would rather Taco Bell, not a fan of boiled chicken. Pappasitos in Houston is probably some of the best "Mexican based" food in the world. One exception is El Tacos de Mexico in Denver. A real dive that has incredible burritoes and those little tiny tacos.

I had some "real" Chinese food in San Fran's China town and it sucked! The Little Shaghai in Denver is outstanding, their Hot and Sour soup at night is" to die for"

As far as Mexican piss beer....not even for a nickle, I'll take a single Fat Tire Ale over a case of Coronas, but then again I would rather quality over quantity. Any beer that you have to put something into isn't really good beer is it?

I'm hungry now, see ya.

First, Darin's point about holidays is spot on. Half the BS we celebrate nowadays, like Professional Assistant's Week or Boss's Day (wtf - isn't that every workday?) or Grandparent's Day is just an excuse to get you to buy stuff. Cinco de Mayo doesn't get me to buy anything.

Second, Mexican food around here blows goats. There are two Nexican places within driving distance worth going to when I'm in the mood, and I wouldn't take my dyed-in-the-wool Texan mother to either of them.

Third, who the hell cares if the Mexicans beat the French? Celebrating a military victory over the French is like bragging about bedding a ten-dollar whore.

Pale Rider said:

Which one are you?

First of all, you need to chill on your anti-latino shit. Those who come to this nation are hardly the invaders you propose they are. Most come here looking for more money and wealth than they have in there native lands. That is a very American concept.

People went all out against Italians when they moved here, claiming that many were illegal and that others were breeding crime. Have they assimilated? Yes, and America has adapted to there presence and our culture today has many Italian elements. It happens with all groups of immigrants. That is why we have so many different styles of food, music, etc.

America is not a white protestant steak eating nation that allows others to live as guests. We are a culture of people from different backgrounds always adapting and adjusting to an influx of new cultures and ideas.

No matter how much you hate the idea of latinos building homes in your precious white America, it will happen. The current American culture will continually blend with the incoming cultures of the newcomers. You will be absolutely powerless to stop it...so you might as well buy a pack of corona order a burrito, and enjoy.

Pale Rider said:
Surely... what I'm saying is that you, by celebrating cinco de mayo, your endorsing the mexicans, and spreaing YOUR money around SUPPORTING them. They can march in the streets of America ILLEGALY making DEMANDS on our fine nation, and you just BLOW IT OFF, because you want to have a cheap beer. Well what the fuck kind of patriot are you. A "any reason I can buy a cheap beer" patriot?

What WOULD make you take stand? Shit man, you sound like there's no principle in the world that you won't sell down the road, just for the sake of a good time and cheap liquor. Give me fuckin' break.

Not quite sure how you could *know* the people who own the restaurant I went to are illegals. There are plenty of Mexicans here legally.

1549 said:
First of all, you need to chill on your anti-latino shit. Those who come to this nation are hardly the invaders you propose they are. Most come here looking for more money and wealth than they have in there native lands. That is a very American concept.

People went all out against Italians when they moved here, claiming that many were illegal and that others were breeding crime. Have they assimilated? Yes, and America has adapted to there presence and our culture today has many Italian elements. It happens with all groups of immigrants. That is why we have so many different styles of food, music, etc.

America is not a white protestant steak eating nation that allows others to live as guests. We are a culture of people from different backgrounds always adapting and adjusting to an influx of new cultures and ideas.

No matter how much you hate the idea of latinos building homes in your precious white America, it will happen. The current American culture will continually blend with the incoming cultures of the newcomers. You will be absolutely powerless to stop it...so you might as well buy a pack of corona order a burrito, and enjoy.

I haven't seen anywhere that Pale has suggested anything is wrong with legal immigrants. Why is the leap always taken from being against illegal immigrants to some some racist bullshit?

I myself find it absurd that thousands of illegal immigrants were allowed to protest in this nation without so much as ONE INS arrest, and I don't give a rat's ass WHERE they are from nor who they are. In this case, they happen to be Mexican.

We tell our children to respect the law; yet, the goverment clearly is refusing to enforce the law in this case. What message does THAT send?

I haven't seen anywhere that Pale has suggested anything is wrong with legal immigrants. Why is the leap always taken from being against illegal immigrants to some some racist bullshit?

It appears that Pale has made the leap from disliking only illegals to detesting spanish culture as a whole:

I'll be DAMNED if I spend ONE CENT on ANYTHING that's mexican!
FUCK their whatever celebration of beating the french. The mexicans can kiss my red, white and blue patriot ass.

by celebrating cinco de mayo, your endorsing the mexicans

1549 said:
It appears that Pale has made the leap from disliking only illegals to detesting spanish culture as a whole:

Spain is a different culture than Mexico two differnt people two differnt cultures .....the indigenous people of Mexico detest Mexicans aka the conquering Spanish as much as pale.

onthefence said:
I am neither.

Well you got that right. You're nothing.

onthefence said:
...go fuck yourself.

I'm hurt.... really. You're such a brute.

onthefence said:
Hard-assed enough for ya there Poncho?

Have at it slick.

Whatever I've said that's given you the impression I'm a hard ass, has been about something I have intense feelings about. I "try" and leave the personal out of it. But if you think you want to start a "who can lay out the best line of bullshit" thing with me, go ahead. But I'll reserve my hard ass for something more worth while than your sassy little cake hole. I've weathered better people on this board than you skippy.

Dismissed.

1549 said:
First of all, you need to chill on your anti-latino shit.

First of all, you need to realize where you're at, and that telling people what they can and can't say is NOT your job.

I'm anti *ILLEGAL ALIEN*, and that means wetback mexicans. If you don't like that, too fucking bad junior. Go post somewhere else.

jillian said:
Not quite sure how you could *know* the people who own the restaurant I went to are illegals. There are plenty of Mexicans here legally.

I welcome any mexican into this country "legaly". They're just as welcome as anyone else "legaly".

And just for the record, I love mexican food, and I've been known to pound a few Corona's with lime too.

1549 said:

Wrong... wrong... wrong!

The illegal mexicans marched in the streets of my country and BOYCOTTED anything and everything AMERICAN.

I'm returning the favor, and boycotting anything mexican.

Pale Rider said:
I welcome any mexican into this country "legaly". They're just as welcome as anyone else "legaly".

And just for the record, I love mexican food, and I've been known to pound a few Corona's with lime too.

Then what the fuck is the problem? :dunno:

manu1959 said:
Spain is a different culture than Mexico two differnt people two differnt cultures .....the indigenous people of Mexico detest Mexicans aka the conquering Spanish as much as pale.

Poor choice of words on my part...though Mexican may not be the right way to put it either. I know two people who came here illegally and while both come from spanish speaking countries, neither is Mexican.

1549 said:
Poor choice of words on my part...though Mexican may not be the right way to put it either. I know two people who came here illegally and while both come from spanish speaking countries, neither is Mexican.

Do your civic duty. Call the INS.

onthefence said:
This thread wasn't about illegal aliens. It was about 5 May and drinking cheap Mexican Beer.

Whatever... my two cents was that I was going to boycott anything mexican in return for all the recent illegal alien marches, and they're boycotting anything American.

There's gotta be an answer to all this, but a blanket amnesty isn't it. We might as well fling the doors wide open on the mexican border and surrender if we do that. It's more complicated, and it's going to take time to fix. But closing the border and fining American businesses that hire illegals for a start would be good.

Pale Rider said:
First of all, you need to realize where you're at, and that telling people what they can and can't say is NOT your job.

I'm anti *ILLEGAL ALIEN*, and that means wetback mexicans. If you don't like that, too fucking bad junior. Go post somewhere else.

If you are anti-illegal alien then stop making sweeping generalizations.

Forum List

Back