Do you believe in God and why or why not?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
California is full of whiskey and girls
I believe in a allmighty creator of heaven and earth and the whole universe or multiple universes. My believe stems from the hope that one day I will live forever in heaven without any suffering and be reunited with my father, my grandparents, my uncles etc. and everyone who will pass before me and I hope I follow them one day into heaven. I also like the idea that all humans are created in the image of God and have a soul, that all humans have a soul, and that we are all brothers and sister descendt from Adam and Eve. I dislike the idea that we are only the result of biochemic processes, like biological robots. I hope we have more in us then only our biology and neurons and chemical processes, that we have something eternal and God like in us, that we have a Soul.

I know when hummingbirds come to my nicotianas year after year there is a higher force at work. I've even found one of their teeny tiniest nests after they have left. This spring Raven and I on our hill breathtakingly saw our big cat a cougar hit a trail in front of us it was unreal. Turkeys running thru my front yard. Deer at my bird feeder.

I live with the Lord. And I am blessed. I don't need a Leo D out there telling me how to live my life over global warming. I live in the wonder of now. I am surrounded by the Lord. It is magnificent.

Not superstitious.

Superstitious seems like a derogatory word for religious or spiritual. That makes me think you dont like religion at all or supernatural beliefs.
There is no "supernatural," nature is supreme.

You cant say that with certainity.
As certainly as you can say that there is no super God above your God.

God per se means allmighty so there cant be a super god above my God but maybe there are different supernatural beings like spirits and demons etc. all with more or less power. So in a sense there might be super and god (etc.) but by definition god is already supreme. I cant say anything with certainity but neither can you.

I believe in a allmighty creator of heaven and earth and the whole universe or multiple universes. My believe stems from the hope that one day I will live forever in heaven without any suffering and be reunited with my father, my grandparents, my uncles etc. and everyone who will pass before me and I hope I follow them one day into heaven. I also like the idea that all humans are created in the image of God and have a soul, that all humans have a soul, and that we are all brothers and sister descendt from Adam and Eve. I dislike the idea that we are only the result of biochemic processes, like biological robots. I hope we have more in us then only our biology and neurons and chemical processes, that we have something eternal and God like in us, that we have a Soul.

Not at all.

However I'm the sort of person who doesn't say something is so until there is evidence to show that it is not so.

However if it's a choice between living my life wasting my time bowing down to someone who hasn't be proven to exist, or just getting on with my life in the way I feel is best for me, then I'll choose the second one.

People say God exists. People say he exists because the Universe is sooooo complex it has to have been created by some kind of God like being. But then I put the argument that if the Universe is so complex and has been created by something, then this something has to be complex too, and therefore also has to have been created by something complex too.

So who created God?

Personally my view is that people have always been willing to believe. It's a human trait. We create gods and then we created a single God. We know this happened. We know that in Egypt Monotheism was developed by Pharaohs and many of the Pharaohs were almost wiped from history because those who believed in multiple gods didn't like it, and changed it when they could.

But for some reason the more advanced we got, the more convenient it has become to have one God. It means everyone can be brought together under one system, rather than some praying to this god, or that god, and the powers that want to control us, would get it easy.

It's kind of like US politics with two parties, it's easy for the money men to control them, whereas countries like Germany where they have more parties, it's much harder to do. Politicians find it harder to just talk nonsense and everyone to believe them, though it still happens.

So religion has just been convenient. The Incas believed in gods, the Mayans believed in god, those in the Pacific Islands believed in gods, the Chinese believed in gods, the Indians, the Africans, the Europeans, and it all took on a different manner of doing so, but what was universal was the believing in something, and if we pray to it we can have favor from it.

But we know it's not true. People pray and they die, they suffer, they get it bad, those who don't get it good. Look at Trump, he's not religious at all, he's as rich as anything, while there are religious people who have rubbish lives.

Not superstitious.

Superstitious seems like a derogatory word for religious or spiritual. That makes me think you dont like religion at all or supernatural beliefs.

God per se means allmighty so there cant be a super god above my God but maybe there are different supernatural beings like spirits and demons etc. all with more or less power. So in a sense there might be super and god (etc.) but by definition god is already supreme. I cant say anything with certainity but neither can you.
You are entitled to believe your superstitions, but did you ever consider that a super God made the rule that the Christian God had to sacrifice his son?

You are entitled to believe your superstitions, but did you ever consider that a super God made the rule that the Christian God had to sacrifice his son?

when you say "superstition" that sounds as if you are belittling my believe and i take that as offensive as if you are much smarter then me or better for not believing in it. You are entitled to your belief too however.

Fortunately you will not be disappointed because when you die there will be no more you. You will not know how you were tricked. There will be no more "you" to experience anything.

You comment on the book. You obviously have not read it. You seem to understand only a Cole's notes version. Like so many.

when you say "superstition" that sounds as if you are belittling my believe and i take that as offensive as if you are much smarter then me or better for not believing in it. You are entitled to your belief too however.
It is not my fault your God made you so easily offended. You should take it up with him/her.

You comment on the book. You obviously have not read it. You seem to understand only a Cole's notes version. Like so many.
Are you saying the Christian God did not have to torture and murder his son?
Did he do it just for the sadistic pleasure it gave him?

Fortunately you will not be disappointed because when you die there will be no more you. You will not know how you were tricked. There will be no more "you" to experience anything.

Having endured a time fighting hell on this planet with my dogs at my side I can tell you straight up there are forces that are bigger than you and I. Long story but my dogs saved our souls in a hell house that we bought. Our catahoulas well they were unreal against forces you can't even dream of. We owned this house. The dogs saved us. Long story.

Are you saying the Christian God did not have to torture and murder his son?
Did he do it just for the sadistic pleasure it gave him?

The evil done to Christ is for Jews to figure out. Not me. This is their part of the puzzle. Hey I'm rocking on Islam with Jesus and trying to get a grip on that too.

I'll tell you what a wise woman once told me:

God speaks to you personally through your beasties because He knows you distrust humans. Humans have agendas. Beasties are just beasties. Pure.

Forum List

Back