Do We Really Need Guns?

Once again, we are not talking about public intoxication.

Well then what ARE you talking about? There are laws regarding using your firearm responsibly. You can't just go into a bar, get drunk and start shooting your weapon. You will be arrested. What other law would you like to see regarding this issue?
Passing a law that says it is legal to carry a firearm in a bar does not help society.

passing a law saying it is illegal does not deter a person who doesn't care about the law, and those are the people who would be most likely to start shooting up a place.
We do not have to encourage people who are going to be drinking to carry guns in bars because it is legal.

or we say you can't be intoxicated and carry, and leave it up to the CCW person to either carry and stay sober, or not carry and drink. The issue is when a blanket restriction is made that doesn't prevent people of ill will from carrying, and only restricts those who would follow the law anyway.
Encourage it then. Have the police go into bars, frisk everyone and breathalize those with guns.

I'll say it...it is okay to go to a bar and have a drink if you have a gun as long as you stay under the legal limit....just as you can drink up to the legal limit before you get into a 5,000 pound killing machine for the ride home....

If you are drunk and carrying...you should be arrested, and fined...repeated offenses and you should lose your permit....

There have been two recent shootings in bars where a customer fought off violent criminals....and then they walked away because they broke the law carrying the gun into the bar....

Well then what ARE you talking about? There are laws regarding using your firearm responsibly. You can't just go into a bar, get drunk and start shooting your weapon. You will be arrested. What other law would you like to see regarding this issue?
Passing a law that says it is legal to carry a firearm in a bar does not help society.

passing a law saying it is illegal does not deter a person who doesn't care about the law, and those are the people who would be most likely to start shooting up a place.
We do not have to encourage people who are going to be drinking to carry guns in bars because it is legal.

or we say you can't be intoxicated and carry, and leave it up to the CCW person to either carry and stay sober, or not carry and drink. The issue is when a blanket restriction is made that doesn't prevent people of ill will from carrying, and only restricts those who would follow the law anyway.
Encourage it then. Have the police go into bars, frisk everyone and breathalize those with guns.

How about we do the same thing to everyone with a set of car keys in their pockets?

Do you favor stop and frisk laws? We will just have LEO stop and search folks on the street at will, is that your suggestion?

How about we do the same thing to everyone with a set of car keys in their pockets?
We can also have LEO walk through neighborhoods known for gang activity and stop/search everyone on the street. Seems to be what the poster is calling for

It's my first thread here, and I want to start with the issue, that worries me a lot.

Gun owners always claim that they own guns for self protection, even though the guns in their homes impose a much greater risk to their lives than an intruder. They also state they need guns to protect themselves from the government and from tthr police. Oh, seriously? Other argument for guns is hunting. Food production in the US is quite complex and capable of providing all types of foods to all parts of the country. And, if someone is too poor to buy food to eat, they are too poor to buy weapons. So what for?! Explain me, please.

I truly believe, that guns only do harm There is no use for guns in our society. The 2nd amendment was made in a time where guns were necessary because of the British.

The statement "guns in homes impose a greater risk to their lives than an intruder" is a freaking cliche. Almost everything the left says against legal posession of firearms is based on emotion rather than fact. Studies by FSU criminologist Gary Kleck indicate that Americans use firearms for self defense about 250,000 to 370,000 times per year. The simple act of brandishing a firearm in self defense is included in the statistics.

PGreen.....I am curious...I have a thread up about a woman who was murdered by an ex boyfriend, with a gun, in a gun free zone...Nordstroms....I am wondering...since it had been going on for a year, and during that time he broke some of her ribs and stuck a gun in her mouth and with this...the police couldn't stop him, and had she had a restraining order she would still be dead...since he was willing to murder her and himself....

What would you do to help this woman if you don't think she needed a gun to stop this nut? Not one gun grabber will answer that question...and since you want that woman to be disarmed...what should she have done to save her own life since this falls into my rule number 3 for reasons to own a gun.....#3 When the government, can't or won't protect you....?

Will you be that wise gun grabber and explain why you don't want women in this situation to have a gun....?

Gary Kleck indicate that Americans use firearms for self defense about 250,000 to 370,000 times per year. The simple act of brandishing a firearm in self defense is included in the statistics.

Where did you get those stats....I have his study and it shows at least 2.5 million times a year...just curious...I do like Dr. Kleck...he drives the gun grabbers crazy...and John Lott as well.....

so what

it is illegal to be in public while intoxicated while carrying

whether or not it is legal to carry in a bar

you frickin moron
We are not talking about in public. You are not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

i have head it before

but it is true you really are a dumb ass

--LOL

appearing in a public place
Public intoxication laws require that the defendant be in a public place, rather than a private residence or other area that is not open to the general public. Examples of public places include sidewalks, streets, stadiums, and parks. In some states, bars and restaurants are considered public places because they are open to the general public.

What is Public Intoxication Drunk in Public Laws and Penalties Criminal Law
Once again, we are not talking about public intoxication.

cobbling together "gun free zones" certainly has not helped society

I'll say it...it is okay to go to a bar and have a drink if you have a gun as long as you stay under the legal limit....just as you can drink up to the legal limit before you get into a 5,000 pound killing machine for the ride home....

If you are drunk and carrying...you should be arrested, and fined...repeated offenses and you should lose your permit....

No, one offense and you lose the permit is the way it should be. And is in every jurisdiction I know of.

Most of us outgrow our security blankets by 3 years old. Many NRA types still need it years later. My brother won't go to the 7/11 without his 1911. He even stopped flying because the government won't let him take it aboard a commercial airliner in case he finds it necessary to get into a crossfire in the cabin at 7,000 feet.

Most of us outgrow our security blankets by 3 years old. Many NRA types still need it years later. My brother won't go to the 7/11 without his 1911. He even stopped flying because the government won't let him take it aboard a commercial airliner in case he finds it necessary to get into a crossfire in the cabin at 7,000 feet.

Kudos to your brother for taking responsibility for himself and his surroundings. He sounds like a smart, righteous man. What happened to you?

Kudos to your brother for taking responsibility for himself and his surroundings. He sounds like a smart, righteous man. What happened to you?
Some folks would rather be sheep.

It's my first thread here, and I want to start with the issue, that worries me a lot.

Gun owners always claim that they own guns for self protection, even though the guns in their homes impose a much greater risk to their lives than an intruder. They also state they need guns to protect themselves from the government and from tthr police. Oh, seriously? Other argument for guns is hunting. Food production in the US is quite complex and capable of providing all types of foods to all parts of the country. And, if someone is too poor to buy food to eat, they are too poor to buy weapons. So what for?! Explain me, please.

I truly believe, that guns only do harm There is no use for guns in our society. The 2nd amendment was made in a time where guns were necessary because of the British.
It's not need, it's want. People love to shoot things, ten cans, targets, birds, and occasionally humans. Personally, I think it would be great if our society rejected gun ownership but that's not going to happen. The best that can happen is some sensible gun control that can actually be enforced.

No, it's both a need and a want.
A person wants a gun so that he/she can go hunting, but a person needs a gun to protect their family and property.
Personally, I think it would be great if our society rejected gun ownership
Personally, I think what your vision of what society should be, sucks! :cuckoo:

The best that can happen is some sensible gun control that can actually be enforced.
Yeah, sure it is. :cuckoo:

6309567d957bb9d369775108dda3f838.jpg

Last edited:

What are you worried about?

Yeah, what could be "smarter" than a hail of bullets in a pressurized cabin at six miles high. :rolleyes:

PGreen.....I am curious...I have a thread up about a woman who was murdered by an ex boyfriend, with a gun, in a gun free zone...Nordstroms....I am wondering...since it had been going on for a year, and during that time he broke some of her ribs and stuck a gun in her mouth and with this...the police couldn't stop him, and had she had a restraining order she would still be dead...since he was willing to murder her and himself....

What would you do to help this woman if you don't think she needed a gun to stop this nut? Not one gun grabber will answer that question...and since you want that woman to be disarmed...what should she have done to save her own life since this falls into my rule number 3 for reasons to own a gun.....#3 When the government, can't or won't protect you....?

Will you be that wise gun grabber and explain why you don't want women in this situation to have a gun....?

Wrong question.

The question is not why she "needs" a gun to stop this nut. The question is why this nut "needs" a gun to be one.

Yeah, what could be "smarter" than a hail of bullets in a pressurized cabin at six miles high. :rolleyes:

Gee. I don't know. What do Sky Marshalls carry? Well, well. Looky here. They use the .357 SIG and their issued ammunition is Speer Gold Dot. They plan on replacing them with frangible bullets, but for over ten years they've been plying the skies with high velocity bullets that have no problem punching a hole through the skin of an aircraft. What idiots!

Of course the fact that explosive decompression is a figment of the movie makers imagination probably didn't cross your tiny little mind did it....

Forum List

Back