Do We Really Need Guns?

You are a liar.
You have no memory of the ridiculous things that you post.

I have an excellent memory. I have never made the argument that alcohol and guns were a good mixture. You are a liar.
I said that it was ridiculous and dangerous to pass a law that you were allowed to carry a gun in a bar. You disagreed and said that you and your friends always carry when you go to the bar.

just because one goes into a bar

does not mean one drinks alcohol
True, but most do.

personal responsibility

I believe it is a culture of guns that has made us less safe. As I grew up, there was never a threat of gun violence in the schools, streets or our community at large.

But in the 1970s we began to suffer under a new approach to handguns: the Saturday night Special. Anyone else remember those? Cheap concealable handguns that were made widely available. Suddenly, every thug who here-to-fore carried a switchblade could afford a handgun.
Horseshit. Gangsters carried guns around since they were around but snub nose revolvers were around back in the 50s. Widely available? What's that mean. Anyone could walk into a hardware store or pawn shop that sold them and walk out with one, no background check at all.
There was a steady, but relentless tide of cultural erosion. Action movie stars glamorized gun violence. The crack epidemic of the 1980s and 90s brought more addictive drugs to the street fostering more violence. The National Rifle Association changed its purview from hunter safety and education to preeminence as the nation's most active and powerful gun manufacturer's lobby.

I believe that hunting rifles and shot guns are absolutely necessary to our economy, our society and our recreational opportunities. But the weapons of war, not sport, are a real threat to that hunting tradition. Rambo taught the young kids to love the semi-automatic weapon without a sense of the responsibility such weapons bring. Now, there are actually some so-called sportsmen who think an AR-15 is a great deer rifle. Not much 'sport' in that. There are some who believe that their ability to gun down strangers for perceived threats is a way of standing their ground. Stand your Ground laws obliterated murder charges.

It's not the gun as a noun we should worry about. It's gun as a verb.
You live in Hollyweirdland, not reality. Thank God you only have one misguided vote. BTW, a deer rifle would be much easier to take down a deer with than an AR. The rest of your drivel is just Susy needing a tampon change talk.

It's my first thread here, and I want to start with the issue, that worries me a lot.

Gun owners always claim that they own guns for self protection, even though the guns in their homes impose a much greater risk to their lives than an intruder.

Well that is pure bullcrap right there. A lot more people use guns in self-defense than are injured in gun accidents. I have used a firearm in self-defense several times in my life, but never shot myself. On the other hand, I did once use a kitchen knife to defend myself once too, and I have cut myself a few times preparing meals. Maybe we should ban knives too.

They also state they need guns to protect themselves from the government and from tthr police. Oh, seriously?

Yeah, seriously. Even if we never actually use guns against government, the threat remains against those who would oppress the people.

Other argument for guns is hunting. Food production in the US is quite complex and capable of providing all types of foods to all parts of the country.

You're forgetting something. This is a free country. Why should I be dependent on my local ChinaMart rather than going out into my woods and harvesting some game if I choose to? Who are you to dictate where I get my food?

And, if someone is too poor to buy food to eat, they are too poor to buy weapons. So what for?! Explain me, please.

We just did a major cull to cut down a large herd, and donated all the meat to a food pantry that doesn't have enough regular donations to keep their doors open after Jan 1.

I truly believe, that guns only do harm There is no use for guns in our society. The 2nd amendment was made in a time where guns were necessary because of the British.

It wasn't because of the British, it was because of tyranny. The right to bear arms is as instrumental to the design of our system of government as having elections is.

It's my first thread here, and I want to start with the issue, that worries me a lot.

Gun owners always claim that they own guns for self protection, even though the guns in their homes impose a much greater risk to their lives than an intruder. They also state they need guns to protect themselves from the government and from tthr police. Oh, seriously? Other argument for guns is hunting. Food production in the US is quite complex and capable of providing all types of foods to all parts of the country. And, if someone is too poor to buy food to eat, they are too poor to buy weapons. So what for?! Explain me, please.

I truly believe, that guns only do harm There is no use for guns in our society. The 2nd amendment was made in a time where guns were necessary because of the British.

fAiL s0n.........Id say head back over to People.com and post over there!!

Last year, Harvard University concluded a long study and found that MORE GUNS = LESS CRIMES!!!

More gun control = higher death rates!!!:2up::boobies::boobies::boobies:

Harvard Study No Correlation Between Gun Control and Less Violent Crime

Harvard study concludes that gun control does not prevent murders other violent crime

2nd link above has a link to the entire study!! Published in the Journal of Law and Public Policy last year, murder rates are far higher in countries with gun bans as compared to countries without gun bans.

Let face it.......people against guns are against guns based purely upon emotions = ghey.

Gun owners always claim that they own guns for self protection, even though the guns in their homes impose a much greater risk to their lives than an intruder.

Well that is pure bullcrap right there. A lot more people use guns in self-defense than are injured in gun accidents. I have used a firearm in self-defense several times in my life, but never shot myself. On the other hand, I did once use a kitchen knife to defend myself once too, and I have cut myself a few times preparing meals. Maybe we should ban knives too.

They also state they need guns to protect themselves from the government and from tthr police. Oh, seriously?

Yeah, seriously. Even if we never actually use guns against government, the threat remains against those who would oppress the people.

Other argument for guns is hunting. Food production in the US is quite complex and capable of providing all types of foods to all parts of the country.

You're forgetting something. This is a free country. Why should I be dependent on my local ChinaMart rather than going out into my woods and harvesting some game if I choose to? Who are you to dictate where I get my food?

And, if someone is too poor to buy food to eat, they are too poor to buy weapons. So what for?! Explain me, please.

We just did a major cull to cut down a large herd, and donated all the meat to a food pantry that doesn't have enough regular donations to keep their doors open after Jan 1.

It wasn't because of the British, it was because of tyranny. The right to bear arms is as instrumental to the design of our system of government as having elections is.

Don't laugh.........these gun grabber nutters want to ban virtually EVERYTHING, including guns!!! These people are the most dangerous mofu's walking the planet.

Cant make this shit up >>>

Don't laugh.........these gun grabber nutters want to ban virtually EVERYTHING, including guns!!! These people are the most dangerous mofu's walking the planet.

The Brits have actually been seriously talking about banning knives now that their murder rate has skyrocketed.

The Brits have actually been seriously talking about banning knives now that their murder rate has skyrocketed.

Then they'll start banning canes.

Then they'll start banning canes.

My cane has a short sword in it. :terror:

One of the participants in this exchange is not being truthful.

That would be you.
Yes, I just make up things like this. Too bad your memory is so poor, but unlike you, I do not call people liars when they call me on something that I said.

Fact is you lied. I never made the argument that alcohol and guns was a good mix.
Thinking it is OK for you and your friends to carry when you go out for a drink is mixing alcohol and firearms.

Hey stupid, I never mentioned anything about "friends", that's another lie you perpetrated. Just because your weak ass can't control your drinking doesn't mean no one can. Grow the fuck up!!
More lies. You are pathetic.

People who do drink to excess should not have the law on their side about carrying guns in a bar. It should be illegal.

It is illegal. I have said as much. So what are you bitching about?

However, I don't think it should be illegal to open or conceal carry in a bar, I do think it should remain illegal to carry while you're intoxicated.
The best way to avoid this is not to carry a firearm in a bar.

Some of us have self control and can go to a bar and have a few drinks without getting intoxicated. Some of us can go to a club to see a band and not have any alcoholic beverages at all.
You never know how a few drinks is going to effect you. Sometimes it hits you stronger than other times. It is the nature of drink. Why do you need a firearm when you go to hear a band?

I know exactly how drinking affects me you retarded fuck. I know my limitations when it comes to alcohol. It's not a matter of "need" you idiot.
People who do drink to excess should not have the law on their side about carrying guns in a bar. It should be illegal.

However, I don't think it should be illegal to open or conceal carry in a bar, I do think it should remain illegal to carry while you're intoxicated.

Some of us have self control and can go to a bar and have a few drinks without getting intoxicated. Some of us can go to a club to see a band and not have any alcoholic beverages at all.
You never know how a few drinks is going to effect you. Sometimes it hits you stronger than other times. It is the nature of drink. Why do you need a firearm when you go to hear a band?

I know exactly how drinking affects me you retarded fuck. I know my limitations when it comes to alcohol. It's not a matter of "need" you idiot.
You could not control yourself here, and there was the possibility that you were not drinking.

I have an excellent memory. I have never made the argument that alcohol and guns were a good mixture. You are a liar.
I said that it was ridiculous and dangerous to pass a law that you were allowed to carry a gun in a bar. You disagreed and said that you and your friends always carry when you go to the bar.

Yes I disagreed. Not everyone that goes into a bar drinks to excess. And no, I never said that me and my friends always carry in a bar. It is illegal to carry a firearm in any establishment where alcohol sales constitutes more than half of gross receipts.

it is illegal

what more you want

The previous conversation with Lonestar Logic began when a state passed a law that it was legal to carry a firearm in a bar. Do try to keep up.

True, but most do.

personal responsibility

Personal responsibility quite often leaves when a person is drinking. It is the nature of the beast.

Yes I disagreed. Not everyone that goes into a bar drinks to excess. And no, I never said that me and my friends always carry in a bar. It is illegal to carry a firearm in any establishment where alcohol sales constitutes more than half of gross receipts.

it is illegal

what more you want

The previous conversation with Lonestar Logic began when a state passed a law that it was legal to carry a firearm in a bar. Do try to keep up.

so what

it is illegal to be in public while intoxicated while carrying

whether or not it is legal to carry in a bar

you frickin moron

Listen..........we got blacks in St Louis beating a white guy to death with hammers!

Need guns?:wtf:

We may be seeing some changes in the gun laws in the near future because white America will demand it!!:fu:

The limpwristed fags on the left can continue to carry wiffle ball bats in their back seats!!:gay:

True, but most do.

personal responsibility

Personal responsibility quite often leaves when a person is drinking. It is the nature of the beast.

yeah for liberals obviously

You could not control yourself here, and there was the possibility that you were not drinking.

Please don't assume you know anything about me. Keep making up your bullshit lies and exposing yourself as the liar you are. I pity idiots like you.

it is illegal

what more you want

so what

it is illegal to be in public while intoxicated while carrying

whether or not it is legal to carry in a bar

you frickin moron
We are not talking about in public. You are not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Forum List

Back