Do We Have an Economy for the Wealthy?

It's an 'economy' built on loan sharking and credit bubbles. The financial sector has taken over nearly every category of business, and loaded them all down with debt at highly inflationary prices. The fact is there are certain categories of 'Capitalism' that need to be regulated and strong anti-trust laws in place and enforced, along with laws against predatory pricing by chain stores, or you will up a octopus of bankers and swindlers running a centralized economy no different than a Marxist run shithole. The only difference will be in semantics and sophistry used to glorify it.
spot on Dudley...

the thing is, most don't realize the economically detrimental effects any unregulated system can assume being raft with the corruption and collusion of the powers that be......

1695071318700.png

~S~

It's hilarious how often the right wing shills snivel about The Deficit N Stuff' while never once expressing any concern about corporate debt or consumer debt as a problem. Hint: The latter is many times larger, and isn't backed by any real assets.
Manufacturing valuation would normally be considered a ponzi scheme , unless some government , group of governments , or world bank does it

~S~

Same people. No difference in mentality. Pampered and pandered to.
They've just moved on, others haven't. The rat in the woodpile is the government, bringing in millions of unskilled immigrants to keep labor costs down. And, flooding the colleges, via student loans, with people that have no business being there, will never graduate, and will be saddled with debt forever..

Wages are just a snapshot in time of the earnings and wealth pyramid. As workers get older, they earn more and accrue more wealth, and move up the pyramid. The problem is the ever-widening base of low-skilled low-paid entry level workers. Wealth created at the top can't trickle down far enough to support those on the lower tiers.

Wages are just a snapshot in time of the earnings and wealth pyramid. As workers get older, they earn more and accrue more wealth, and move up the pyramid. The problem is the ever-widening base of low-skilled low-paid entry level workers. Wealth created at the top can't trickle down far enough to support those on the lower tiers.
We have to find a way for workers to ride up faster even if it's artificially. Nobody works for the good of the company. That would be idiotic

I thought this poll was an interesting observation and it's not the first time I've seen it. Look at the people who approve of Biden's job as president. One, 81% of Democrats which is no surprise since it's his party. 55% of blacks which, again, no surprise given how heavily Democratic they are as a group. The one that stands out is 53% of white college. Every other group has a negative view of his performance, especially men and whites without a college degree, two groups who tend to make up more blue-collar jobs.

So why is it that college educated whites see it differently from everyone else? College educated people generally make more money than non-college educated people. I have an MBA and my wife and I, while not rich, fall into the upper middle-class income category and I can honestly say that despite inflation we are not experiencing hardships in our household. We haven't had to make any sacrifices. We still take trips and go out to eat at nice restaurants here and there. In fact, we are headed to Europe again for two weeks next month. Strictly from the microcosm of my household we're doing well, but we were doing well before too and I gather this is what a lot of people in the college educated whites group are also experiencing. There is a disconnect between that group and what everyone else is apparently dealing with.

So that begs the question, is this an economy for the wealthy?

The American economy CREATES wealth!! If you don't believe that, looks at our Southern border. Aliens are facing long journeys and committing the crime of jumping our border and even death to get here.

The American economy CREATES wealth!! If you don't believe that, looks at our Southern border. Aliens are facing long journeys and committing the crime of jumping our border and even death to get here.
For $15 per hour...nothing.

For $15 per hour...nothing.
Well, they're not coming here for any other reason are they? I saw a reporter interviewing these border jumpers and most of them said they came here to work. You say 'for nothing' but in America it is possible to start at $15 per hour and eventually make more money. America is the land of opportunity, those migrants know this, some Americans have forgotten that.

Well, they're not coming here for any other reason are they? I saw a reporter interviewing these border jumpers and most of them said they came here to work.
So you want them hired over american workers who are so incredibly more productive.

So you want them hired over american workers who are so incredibly more productive.
I never said that, I was addressing your supposition that $15 per hour is nothing. To them it's more money than they probably make in a month and there is the possibility of moving up. The OP said "Do we have an economy for the wealthy?' I say we have an economy capable of creating wealth and that is the magnet that draws these people here.

Biden has made it so our border is more porous than ever so we are being invaded by interlopers wanting what Americans have by birthright or seeking legal residency or legal citizenship. Without borders, language and culture we have no America.

Regardless of the border $15 per hour is a slap in the face. But some think those jobs should be filled. I believe it's good when many of those jobs go unfilled

We have to find a way for workers to ride up faster even if it's artificially. Nobody works for the good of the company. That would be idiotic
Lots of companies just aren't profitable enough to pay their workers very well.

And many will become wealthy.

Regardless of the border $15 per hour is a slap in the face. But some think those jobs should be filled. I believe it's good when many of those jobs go unfilled
So, you think that businesses that can't pay more than $15/hr. should shut down?

I thought this poll was an interesting observation and it's not the first time I've seen it. Look at the people who approve of Biden's job as president. One, 81% of Democrats which is no surprise since it's his party. 55% of blacks which, again, no surprise given how heavily Democratic they are as a group. The one that stands out is 53% of white college. Every other group has a negative view of his performance, especially men and whites without a college degree, two groups who tend to make up more blue-collar jobs.

So why is it that college educated whites see it differently from everyone else? College educated people generally make more money than non-college educated people. I have an MBA and my wife and I, while not rich, fall into the upper middle-class income category and I can honestly say that despite inflation we are not experiencing hardships in our household. We haven't had to make any sacrifices. We still take trips and go out to eat at nice restaurants here and there. In fact, we are headed to Europe again for two weeks next month. Strictly from the microcosm of my household we're doing well, but we were doing well before too and I gather this is what a lot of people in the college educated whites group are also experiencing. There is a disconnect between that group and what everyone else is apparently dealing with.

So that begs the question, is this an economy for the wealthy?
Every single country on this planet - has it's economy layed out for the wealthy, incl. North-Korea.

So, you think that businesses that can't pay more than $15/hr. should shut down?
No. Just don't complain or whine that nobody wants to work anymore. That's not at all true. And those unfilled jobs don't necessarily need to be filled. Nobody is talking about shutting down because of unfilled jobs.

No. Just don't complain or whine that nobody wants to work anymore. That's not at all true. And those unfilled jobs don't necessarily need to be filled. Nobody is talking about shutting down because of unfilled jobs.
Unfilled jobs were all over the place while millions sat out Covid with help from the government. Many small businesses went under.

Last edited:
Unfilled jobs were all over the place while millions sat out Covid with help from the government. Many small businesses went under.

Well no business is guaranteed a labor force and no worker is guaranteed a good job. So what's the answer besides cut the stimulus money which has been gone for a long while? Forced labor? More people leaving the workforce earlier.

Forum List

Back