Do Liberals support third trimester abortions?

Never did...and no, it is pretty much the same thing.

Stupid people make laws that don't need to be made.

Well...hello, manipoo.

No, it means you are obsessed with other people's opinions.

Just asking a question.

Feel free not to answer it if you're ashamed of your opinion. :thup:

My opinion is that the Roe v. Wade decision was brilliant, but probably not strictly defensible from a strict interpretation of the constitution.

But, surprise, surprise, I believe that a strict interpretation of the constitution would have given a woman the right to have an abortion at any time during the pregnancy, not just the first trimester,

because nothing in the Constitution gives the unborn civil rights. You have to invent constitutional rights for the unborn in order to give them constitutional protection.

Do you support animal cruelty laws?

Not this liberal.

I absolutely oppose the commie pinko elitists industry of hate in any "trimester".

There is a place for those who profit from homicide of innocent children, it is called HELL.

Gosh, I don't know why liberals wouldn't support it.

After all, what's wrong with breeching the baby so it's little legs come out first so only the head remains inside mommy, poking a hole in its skull with a scissors or something, and then sucking its little brains out? Oh, okay, maybe its little arms and legs kick and twitch a bit while the hole gets poked and as its brains start to disappear, but it's all over rather quickly. And the doctor doesn't feel a thing.

What is your problem??? You're not trying to find an answer to a question. I think you're trying to shock everyone and make libs look like monsters by insinuating they think torturing babies is just fine. Dry up.

I'm very liberal and I don't believe in abortion for myself at all. Other women can do what they want. It is lawful.

This is a very heavily weighted question, but in general: no. Most states ban late term abortions for a number of reasons, including: women definitely know they are pregnant and can make a decision before that point in time, the fetus can survive on its own outside the womb at that stage, and the fetus still start feeling pain later in the pregnancy.

As I said though, it's not an all-or-none thing.

Just curious. For the extremos, any restrictions on a woman's right to choose are anti liberal.

It's my impression that not all liberals hold the same opinions, unlike RW fringers who seem to lack any ability to think for themselves.Frankly, it's easy to be a RW fringer, they simply need to listen to Rush Limbaugh or one of his sychophants (McConnell, Boehner, or anyone in their respective caucus'); no thinking necessary.
I suppose trolling with abortion is the number way to get attention, wedge issues all come with talking points and are a sure tool for the divisive.

Exactly!!! In Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court divided the nine months of pregnancy into three stages called trimesters. It ruled that a state cannot regulate abortions in the first trimester, except for requiring that the doctor be licensed by the state. The court ruled that during the second trimester, the state may prevent a woman from having an abortion, but only to protect the woman's health. It ruled that in the third trimester, the state may prohibit abortions entirely, except when an abortion is needed to save the woman's life. The court based this last decision on two considerations: (1) during the third trimester, the fetus is more likely to survive outside the mother; and (2)abortion is a serious medical procedure during the third trimester.

What do liberals have to do with this??? We don't all hold the same opinion. The question asked by the OP is stupid. If people don't like this decision on abortion, write a letter to the supreme court. What possible difference does it make what libs think??

True liberals would never allow the "supreme court" to legitimize an industry which disregards an individuals right to LIFE, which precedes even liberty or the pursuit of happiness.

Anyone who calls themself a liberal and support baby butchering is a liar.

:rolleyes:

I answered the question. Now run along and ask the libertarians if they support legislation that bans dog fighting.

We already have legislation that does that, why do we need more?

s911_complete_moron.jpg

First trimester/life of mother in danger.

Why 1st trimester?

What changes?

It looks more like a baby for one. ;)

Along with a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember right now. After twenty two weeks the baby can survive.

Addressed in another thread

☭proletarian☭;1826986 said:
Viability isn't really a set point or all that useful, as technological improvements allow us to save preemies that would have died ten or twenty years ago and there's always the possibility of a child developing slowly or having a medical condition that must be treated after birth to ensure survival. Thus, I find the concept of 'viability' to be of limited usefulness. Additionally, a child with no midbrain or real head, but with a functioning brainstem can be 'viable' in that the brainstem can ensure that the heart and lungs function, yet we're dealing with a creature that has no consciousness- not only it effectively braindead, it never was and never will be aware of its own existence. This is why I think we should focus on consciousness and and the earliest point at which a conscious mind appears to develop.

Interesting.

I personally just think, you should take care of it right away. Plus what is the point after a certain amount of time?

First trimester/life of mother in danger.

Why 1st trimester?

What changes?

It has nothing to do with anything that changes.

Three months seems like enough time to shit or get off the pot to me.

Exactly!

And I just laugh when people say they didn't realize they were pregnant. Is it normal to feel like your boobs are being stabbed, you are going to throw up all the time, and to smell sour milk from a mile away?

Why 1st trimester?

What changes?

It has nothing to do with anything that changes.

Three months seems like enough time to shit or get off the pot to me.

Exactly!

And I just laugh when people say they didn't realize they were pregnant. Is it normal to feel like your boobs are being stabbed, you are going to throw up all the time, and to smell sour milk from a mile away?[/QUOTE]

What? I'm going to wake a Mexican up, someone has some explaining to do..............

Forum List

Back