Do I look better with or without glasses?

Which do I suit better? (see pics)

• Total voters
I agree with what some others have said...you have beautiful eyes, don't hide them. Either go with contacts or lighter frames.

I've had glasses since I have been six. I am now thinking about getting contact lenses. I'm just wondering what people think - do I suit with or without? When I ask my friends, many say it is hard to say because glasses is all they know on me! So I thought I'd ask you guys. :D

Edit: I've got 2 with the glasses, so you can see the side of my face.

Dunno if you look better with or without, I'm not a chick, I'm a dude, so things like that I don't think much about.

However...............................

Speaking as someone who wore glasses since I was 7, and who started wearing contacts when I was in my late 20's, I can tell you that contacts have several benefits over glasses...................

Glasses fog up when you go from a cold environment into a hot one, or when you walk into a steam room. Contacts don't.

With some of the newer types, you can actually sleep in them and keep them in for around 30 days. It's kinda nice to be able to wake up, see what you're doing right away without having to fumble for your glasses, as well as nice to not have to worry about taking your glasses off and putting them back on when you take a shower.

Someone further up the thread suggested that if you had contacts, you could get some really cool sunglasses to wear. Heck, you can even get several different pairs to complement how you feel like looking that day. Me? Because I ride bicycles and eyewear safety is important to me when I'm going down the road, I'd suggest Oakleys since they have a polycarbonate lens (shoot a .22 at it from around 10 ft and it WILL NOT PENETRATE), which is important when you do a lot of road riding and trucks and cars can sometimes throw rocks towards your face. Had it happen once, and although my ears rang like crazy, the only thing that happened to my Oakleys was they had a small scratch on the left hand side.

If you have an active lifestyle, like to play sports and don't want to worry about your glasses everytime your friends decide to roughhouse around, get the contacts.

It also gives you a bit more confidence when you have contacts, and confidence on ANYONE makes them a bit more attractive.

If you get contacs, you can buy yourself a kick-ass pair of sunglasses.

Once you get used to them, contacts are not any problem. You've been wearing glasses all your life and so are used to them; but you'll soon get use to contacts and how you look without glasses every day. The sunglasses are a good idea.

Don't listen to any of the self-righteous comments about vanity. Everyone likes to look their best. Those ranting about vanity don't go around wearing gunnysacks and w/o haircuts, etc.

Do what you want to do, but I think contacts would be more flattering to your face.

I've had glasses since I have been six. I am now thinking about getting contact lenses. I'm just wondering what people think - do I suit with or without? When I ask my friends, many say it is hard to say because glasses is all they know on me! So I thought I'd ask you guys. :D

You look fine with or without. But since you have had them since you were 6, people have become used to you wearing them, so stick with them, and just choose some different frames.

I have glasses as well, and I have considered contacts, but they would probably irritate my eyes. I like my glasses, to be honest.

You look fine with or without. But since you have had them since you were 6, people have become used to you wearing them, so stick with them, and just choose some different frames.

I have glasses as well, and I have considered contacts, but they would probably irritate my eyes. I like my glasses, to be honest.

I have problems with putting in eye-drops, much less contacts. I wouldn't even consider using them. I would consider lasik surgery.

Thanks for everyone's responses. Especially some of the more lengthy ones (i.e. ABikerSailor). :) All helpful stuff.

For those of you that are saying my frames are bad/bad contrast etc, thanks for this observation. Evidently, I am not good at colour coordination!

Look, your eyeglasses are okay. They probably cost a lot of money and they ARE what's hot right now. So, just take the advice about a lighter frame into account NEXT time you buy a pair of frames. : )

I wore contacts for many years. I started out with the soft lenses and later switched to the gas permeable lenses (hard). My vision was much sharper with the gas permeable lens and they were extremely comfortable and very easy to care for. They were much easier to put on than the soft ones, also, they are smaller and rigid and just pop right in! : ) The only drawback was they took a little longer to get used to than the soft lenses. But we're only talking a week of gradually wearing them for longer and longer periods of time. No big deal. I highly recommend them.

The main reason I quit wearing contact lenses is because I needed bifocals. There are bifocal contacts and I actually did wear those for a few years with good results. But then the reading power I required began to take away from my distance power and I didn't like that, so I started wearing glasses all the time.

If I was young again I'm sure I'd want contacts, though. : )

Last edited:
I agree with those who said the glasses are the wrong kind for you. Go with a different style that is lighter, less visible.

But from a practical standpoint, contacts are probably the way to go. However, you still need glasses even if you use contacts. Go with a different style. Something less faddish.

Bring a woman along to help you pick them out. But not some hipster.

Last edited:

No

Look, your eyeglasses are okay. They probably cost a lot of money and they ARE what's hot right now. So, just take the advice about a lighter frame into account NEXT time you buy a pair of frames. : )

I wore contacts for many years. I started out with the soft lenses and later switched to the gas permeable lenses (hard). My vision was much sharper with the gas permeable lens and they were extremely comfortable and very easy to care for. They were much easier to put on than the soft ones, also, they are smaller and rigid and just pop right in! : ) The only drawback was they took a little longer to get used to than the soft lenses. But we're only talking a week of gradually wearing them for longer and longer periods of time. No big deal. I highly recommend them.

The main reason I quit wearing contact lenses is because I needed bifocals. There are bifocal contacts and I actually did wear those for a few years with good results. But then the reading power I required began to take away from my distance power and I didn't like that, so I started wearing glasses all the time.

If I was young again I'm sure I'd want contacts, though. : )

Hey, thanks for this. Yeah, lighter frames is certainly appears to be a good idea. :)

I agree with those who said the glasses are the wrong kind for you. Go with a different style that is lighter, less visible.

But from a practical standpoint, contacts are probably the way to go. However, you still need glasses even if you use contacts. Go with a different style. Something less faddish.

Bring a woman along to help you pick them out. But not some hipster.
Haha, my fashion skills are terrible, so I certainly need someone! Yep, lighter frames is a good idea. :)

Forum List

Back