Do ANY of you play video games?

I never played them until my girls were in their teens. I was a bar person and decided that a few shoot am up games was better than dropping hundreds in the bars.
I played on occasion since my youth but never got into them. Now I put the VR headset on and my mind is blown.
I only play with a select group of people that I've known for years and it's not unlike poker night which we still do.
I think the stigma that the gaming industry has is complete bullshit and unwarranted but everyone needs a scapegoat so whatcha gonna do?

Anyhow if you like to game on occasion but are too embarrassed to admit it look me up. I don't spill the beans and I enjoy shooting the shit. I don't do politics or religion during gaming so your politics is irrelevant.

STEAM H8Laggers
XBOX H8Laggers
PS4 Grampamurkedu

I mostly play with my kids and grandkids but some games are adult only.

Yeah there are some fun games out there.

Last edited:
I never played them until my girls were in their teens. I was a bar person and decided that a few shoot am up games was better than dropping hundreds in the bars.
I played on occasion since my youth but never got into them. Now I put the VR headset on and my mind is blown.
I only play with a select group of people that I've known for years and it's not unlike poker night which we still do.
I think the stigma that the gaming industry has is complete bullshit and unwarranted but everyone needs a scapegoat so whatcha gonna do?

Anyhow if you like to game on occasion but are too embarrassed to admit it look me up. I don't spill the beans and I enjoy shooting the shit. I don't do politics or religion during gaming so your politics is irrelevant.

STEAM H8Laggers
XBOX H8Laggers
PS4 Grampamurkedu

I think most people have played video games and there are a lot of people that play all their life. The 1990s I played Links golf which is still the standard in my opinion, no one has the physics down like they did and for 20 years ago it looked great. I also am a huge fan of Madden Football, it plays closest to real in my op.

I bought an XBOX about five years ago to play Madden online but found very quickly that during multiplayer people dropped out if you didn't do exactly what they wanted or for no reason. It became start, restart, start, restart so I gave up on that after a month or two. Red Dead Redemption was great.

I am soley a pc gamer now. Not into any of the games made for kids like 'magic realms' type games or anything resembling Final Fantasy etc. I belonged to a COD clan which was really great fun. I also belonged to a CFS2 squad where we recreated in fine detail real-world battles that Navy pilots fought in WW2 from taking off the carrier to navigating to the target (Both Microsoft Flight Simulator and Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator use real world mapping so lattitude/longitude d'ed reckoning works as it does real world. Even the stars in the sky are in the correct position for the year and date, so you can use a sextant to plot your position by the stars. Now that was a fun thing to learn, flying off a carrier to a battle an hour away (real time), fighting and then going back to find the carrier which had been travelling for two hours and land on it, or find another carrier on a different bearing and landing there. We moved on to IL2 1946 modded and just wow, actual torpedo drops dive bombing and rocket attacks. Both those games provided an immersion that was incredible.

Today I do a little Far Cry (open world), Men Of War:AS2 (RTS), and War In The Pacific - Matrix Games (turn based strategy) . I still like COD as well. Do you play online on your pc?
Far Cry 5 Map Editor looks fucking sick. I can't wait.

Madden is trash, has been for years.

PC is a cheaters infested paradise.

Peace!

STEAM H8Laggers
XBOX H8Laggers
PS4 Grampamurkedu

I think most people have played video games and there are a lot of people that play all their life. The 1990s I played Links golf which is still the standard in my opinion, no one has the physics down like they did and for 20 years ago it looked great. I also am a huge fan of Madden Football, it plays closest to real in my op.

I bought an XBOX about five years ago to play Madden online but found very quickly that during multiplayer people dropped out if you didn't do exactly what they wanted or for no reason. It became start, restart, start, restart so I gave up on that after a month or two. Red Dead Redemption was great.

I am soley a pc gamer now. Not into any of the games made for kids like 'magic realms' type games or anything resembling Final Fantasy etc. I belonged to a COD clan which was really great fun. I also belonged to a CFS2 squad where we recreated in fine detail real-world battles that Navy pilots fought in WW2 from taking off the carrier to navigating to the target (Both Microsoft Flight Simulator and Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator use real world mapping so lattitude/longitude d'ed reckoning works as it does real world. Now that was a fun thing to learn, flying off a carrier to a battle an hour away (real time), fighting and then going back to find the carrier which had been travelling for two hours and land on it, or find another carrier on a different bearing and landing there. We moved on to IL2 1946 modded and just wow, actual torpedo drops dive bombing and rocket attacks. Both those games provided an immersion that was incredible.

Today I do a little Far Cry (open world), Men Of War:AS2 (RTS), and War In The Pacific - Matrix Games (turn based strategy) . I still like COD as well. Do you play online on your pc?

I'm really bad at shooters unless I'm a sniper...then I'm just bad. PvP hurts my feelings kinda. I don't mind being killed by a dragon or mutant. When it is another player who's killed me, I get butthurt. Three deaths and I'm pissed and logging off.

I have a low tolerance for players who stand in bright patches of noxious ground, too. I let them die and squabble with them over it. It is much like arguing with people on the internet here, just not over politics. Lol

STEAM H8Laggers
XBOX H8Laggers
PS4 Grampamurkedu

I am soley a pc gamer now. Not into any of the games made for kids like 'magic realms' type games or anything resembling Final Fantasy etc. I belonged to a COD clan which was really great fun. I also belonged to a CFS2 squad where we recreated in fine detail real-world battles that Navy pilots fought in WW2 from taking off the carrier to navigating to the target (Both Microsoft Flight Simulator and Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator use real world mapping so lattitude/longitude d'ed reckoning works as it does real world. Now that was a fun thing to learn, flying off a carrier to a battle an hour away (real time), fighting and then going back to find the carrier which had been travelling for two hours and land on it, or find another carrier on a different bearing and landing there. We moved on to IL2 1946 modded and just wow, actual torpedo drops dive bombing and rocket attacks. Both those games provided an immersion that was incredible.

I'm really bad at shooters unless I'm a sniper...then I'm just bad. PvP hurts my feelings kinda. I don't mind being killed by a dragon or mutant. When it is another player who's killed me, I get butthurt. Three deaths and I'm pissed and logging off.

I have a low tolerance for players who stand in bright patches of noxious ground, too. I let them die and squabble with them over it. It is much like arguing with people on the internet here, just not over politics. Lol
Mute is glorious. No more 12 year old 40 year olds lol

Some of my friends play videogames constantly but I don't play very often these days. Dark Souls multiplayer probably helped ruin the hobby for me, I haven't had that much fun with a game since. Looking forward to the remastered version coming out later this year. Nier Automata is the best game I've played recently. GREAT soundtrack:

Ha! Another Dark Souls player. I spent a lot of 2017 on that game. What a great game. Those Japanese, you know? I think it's the attention to detail. I have
Dark Souls II and mean to play it later this year.

Yeah, PUBG gets depressing with all the being killed. And I have to play for survival, don't have the reflexes for shooting --- or sniping. It's a young person's game, I suspect. I bought two or three Far Cry's and then figured out I hate first person; I like third person action. Prey, the one I am playing now, is only first person. So they don't bother with an elaborate character appearance set up --- you are either male or female, same name, that's that. I'm liking it, but it's more of a map-puzzle-figure it out game than a shooter. It can be played very slow. A relief after two months of PUBG, but I will probably go back to that one. A story game like Prey you can play till done at the end of the plot and the monsters; PUBG is like Angry Birds or Spider Solitaire, never done, play over and over. Addictive, too. Well, they all are.

3htpqWa.jpg

I don't play as much as I used to, but I recently got hooked on Dark Souls. I played it before, but I'm actually close to beating it now on my first play through.
I just got the Secret ending in Bloodborne

Nice. I love Bloodborne, but I sold my PS4 back when I was opening my own law office. I intend to buy a PS4 again mainly for Bloodborne and Naughty Dog games. I've been playing Dark Souls on Steam.

I also own Demon's Souls collector's edition, but I don't have my PS3 hooked up at the moment.

I play games, but it's been a while since I played anything multiplayer. I also don't buy games new anymore, I wait for them to get really cheap. :p

For example, I'm currently playing the first Dead Space. I had never played it before (although I watched a roommate playing it years ago) and Origin has it as their on the house game at the moment. Before that I played through Saint's Row 2, 3, and 4. Before that it was the first 3 Batman: Arkham games. I have a ton of games I haven't played yet between my various gaming programs; Steam, Origin, Uplay, and GoG. I've also still got the first 9 Tomb Raider games which I bought a few years ago and only played a bit of, and all 5 Elder Scrolls games which I also got as a set a few years ago and haven't played yet.

I played Everquest for about 7 years, and WoW for another 6 or so after that. I started FPS games with Quake 2 back in the day, then eventually moved on to Battlefield 2 and 3. I stopped with FPS games, then I found a very high quality free FPS game on Steam called Warface. I played that for a year or so, but then got tired of it. The only other multiplayer game I've done at all recently is Hearthstone, a free card game from Blizzard. I got tired of that eventually, though.

I've been curious about the Dark Souls games, but won't get them until I see them very cheap. :p

th

I generally don't play much.

When I do I like playing Age Of Empire, Sim City, and similar games.

The story line games have become redundant to me though I did like the first Diablo and similar games. It was more like a role playing game than the beat them up smash them up story line games they make today.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:
th

The story line games have become redundant to me though I did like the first Diablo and similar games. They were more like a role playing game than the beat them up smash them up story line games they make today.

*****SMILE*****

I never played AoE, and I haven't played Sim City since the SNES version. But I have and love Civilization V with the DLC/expansions.

th

The story line games have become redundant to me though I did like the first Diablo and similar games. They were more like a role playing game than the beat them up smash them up story line games they make today.

*****SMILE*****

I never played AoE, and I haven't played Sim City since the SNES version. But I have and love Civilization V with the DLC/expansions.

upload_2018-3-12_0-55-10.jpeg

I did enjoy the early versions of Civilization... Maybe I'll pick up number V and try it out.

Thanks

*****HAPPY SMILE*****

Forum List

Back