Disney Has Lost $50 Billion So Far

Disney is pushing shit too far, in my mind, but going too far the other way is seldom the correct answer.

in Orlando this week and it's interesting get the locals opinion. yes it may hurt Disney, but their taxes are going up now.

just a question of how much.
Oh scare tactics------
Disney never would have been in their sweetheart deal if it wasn't saving them a shit load of money in taxes. Now they get to pay taxes at everyone elses rate---there should be plenty to cover any extra costs of disney, their bonds, and have much left over.

This isnt cancel culture. Cancel culture seeks to permanently ban someone from making a living for eternity. If Disney were to aplogize for their comments and promise to support parental rights in the future, the right would immediately accept them back into the fold once again.
Nah, we've seen cancel culture attack on people for crap they did decades ago in college, with nothing bad since. This is just the far right cancel culture.

Nah, we've seen cancel culture attack on people for crap they did decades ago in college, with nothing bad since. This is just the far right cancel culture.
Im not sure what you are referring to, but smearing someone for some shit they did in the past is just part of politics. Seeking to permanently ban someone from making a living is cancel culture.

Oh scare tactics------
Disney never would have been in their sweetheart deal if it wasn't saving them a shit load of money in taxes. Now they get to pay taxes at everyone elses rate---there should be plenty to cover any extra costs of disney, their bonds, and have much left over.
Its an old story. They wanted to build in Alabama. But Alabama didnt offer them the juicy deal that Florida did. Escambia County Alabama.

Florida basically gave them their own country to get them there.

You guys are really after the Mouse. I'd take my kids there again if they were small. They ain't the great Satan, though your cancel culture is doing an excellent marketing job.

Their content creators literally bragged about pushing their “not so secret gay agenda”.

Lets suppose that person had said, “I am pushing my not so secret Christian agenda”.

How would the left have responded?

Disney is pushing shit too far, in my mind, but going too far the other way is seldom the correct answer.

But what, exactly, are they doing? What actions are they taking to thwart the implementation of the law? All I've seen so far is them expressing an opinion. It may be unpopular, but do we really want to legitimize the punishment of thought and free speech?

But what, exactly, are they doing? What actions are they taking to thwart the implementation of the law? All I've seen so far is them expressing an opinion. It may be unpopular, but do we really want to legitimize the punishment of thought and free speech?

Not really. Remember, it took an unethical, corrupt governor to force that.
Thank goodness we don't have one of those running around. That would be bad, at least until the next election when a Republican could replace him/her/it.

1. Florida House Bill 1557 (widely known as the “Don’t Say Gay” law) is an unlawful attempt to stigmatize, silence, and erase LGBTQ people in Florida’s public schools. It seeks to do so by imposing a sweeping, vague ban covering any instruction on “sexual orientation and gender identity,” and by constructing a diffuse enforcement scheme designed to maximize the chilling effect of this prohibition.

2. Through H.B. 1557, Florida would deny to an entire generation that LGBTQ people exist and have equal dignity. This effort to control young minds through state censorship—and to demean LGBTQ lives by denying their reality—is a grave abuse of power. The United States Supreme Court has repeatedly affirmed that LGBTQ people and families are at home in our constitutional order. The State of Florida has no right to declare them outcasts, or to treat their allies as outlaws, by punishing schools where someone dares to affirm their identity and dignity.

3. H.B. 1557 piles one violation on top of another. It offends principles of free speech and equal protection by seeking to censor discussions of sexual orientation or gender identity that recognize and respect LGBTQ people and their families. It offends due process by using broad and vague terms to define its prohibitions—thus inviting discriminatory enforcement and magnifying its chilling effect on speech. And it arises from discriminatory purposes and outdated sex-based stereotypes that offend deeply rooted constitutional and statutory requirements.

4. To start, the law is clearly the product of animus towards Florida’s LGBTQ community. The bill’s sponsor in the Senate has stated that the law is meant to prohibit discussion of sexual orientations and gender identities that do not comport with Florida’s supposed “core belief systems and values.” He has also stated that the bill is intended to prevent students “coming out in school” to their peers from being treated as “celebrities.” The premise of these statements is fear that LGBTQ students might live their true identities in school and be met with acceptance rather than state-sanctioned hostility targeting their protected characteristics.

Are they throwing money at it, or are they simply saying that they support those who will work to repeal the law. This sentence, "Our goal as a company is for this law to be repealed by the legislature or struck down in the courts, and we remain committed to supporting the national and state organizations working to achieve that..." suggests the latter. And that's where I think DeSantis is making his mistake...

Are they throwing money at it, or are they simply saying that they support those who will work to repeal the law. This sentence, "Our goal as a company is for this law to be repealed by the legislature or struck down in the courts, and we remain committed to supporting the national and state organizations working to achieve that..." suggests the latter. And that's where I think DeSantis is making his mistake...
They vowed.......after that who's funding the one's in the lawsuit........don't know.

Have no clue who Disney is funding to fight it...........

They vowed.......after that who's funding the one's in the lawsuit........don't know.

Have no clue who Disney is funding to fight it...........

Well, I just think it'd be a good idea to be armed with that information before I threw a hissy fit about it

But that's me...

It’s tragic that such people were allowed to take over the once great company that was established to entertain children.

I don’t know whether it was Trump or what, but some catalyst occurred to make all of these sexual deviants come out of the closet and expose themselves. And Americans are taking names.

Disney’s stock has lost nearly $50 billion in value since the start of March, when it took a political gamble to oppose Florida’s controversial new education law.

Disney’s stock was down more than 2% on Friday and by more than 8.5% over the past few days as Florida lawmakers work to punish the company for wading into the state’s politics. The stock’s market cap has declined by about $46.6 billion since March 1, just days before the company came out against the legislation.

So has everyone's dumbass.

It’s tragic that such people were allowed to take over the once great company that was established to entertain children.

I don’t know whether it was Trump or what, but some catalyst occurred to make all of these sexual deviants come out of the closet and expose themselves. And Americans are taking names.

Disney’s stock has lost nearly $50 billion in value since the start of March, when it took a political gamble to oppose Florida’s controversial new education law.

Disney’s stock was down more than 2% on Friday and by more than 8.5% over the past few days as Florida lawmakers work to punish the company for wading into the state’s politics. The stock’s market cap has declined by about $46.6 billion since March 1, just days before the company came out against the legislation.

not good enough
They must remove the entire malignant Mouse
Piece by piece in Orlando then set a massive fire

Well, I just think it'd be a good idea to be armed with that information before I threw a hissy fit about it

But that's me...
They made their intent clear..........The law is simple. At the early age it isn't allowed.....

It is NO SMALL MATTER TO ME........And they didn't call a special session for it because Disney was bluffing........I highly doubt that.

It is time to fight back............The left is not playing by any rules against us............this needs to end.

They made their intent clear..........The law is simple. At the early age it isn't allowed.....

It is NO SMALL MATTER TO ME........And they didn't call a special session for it because Disney was bluffing........I highly doubt that.

It is time to fight back............The left is not playing by any rules against us............this needs to end.

Let me be clear: I support the law 100%.

If Disney throws money at repealing the law, then they have jumped ass-deep into the world of politics and, as such, I believe should lose any economic considerations they get courtesy of the State.

The State needs to be VERY fucking careful about avoiding the optics of State government punishing a company for expressing an opinion. Punishing them before Disney donates a single dime to the cause could be devastating, regardless of what DeSantis thinks Disney's "intent" is. If they get punished, and then don't contribute a dime, DeSantis will come out looking very, very bad...

Forum List

Back