Disappointed Romney supporter getting ready for

Oh dip, you mean this might steer more Catholics towards Obama?

Cali's about to have an aneurysm! :lol:

Nothin' but love for ya Cali. :eusa_angel:

Cali's fine with it, since his own fucking poll shows a massive drop in support when it comes to forcing a religious organization to go against its principles.

Cali is laughing.... lots.... because the left are too fucking stupid to understand their own fucking polls.

Lovin' ya back, Cu.

Cuyo must insist that this will not be the election shifting phenomenon that Cali thinks it will. Exact number of times Cuyo has heard this topic discussed or mentioned outside of USMessageboard: 0.0.

Cali's fine with it, since his own fucking poll shows a massive drop in support when it comes to forcing a religious organization to go against its principles.

Cali is laughing.... lots.... because the left are too fucking stupid to understand their own fucking polls.

Lovin' ya back, Cu.

Cuyo must insist that this will not be the election shifting phenomenon that Cali thinks it will. Exact number of times Cuyo has heard this topic discussed or mentioned outside of USMessageboard: 0.0.

Rightwinger remembers that American Catholics have been urging their church to lighten up about birth control for fifty years. Rightwinger knows that Catholics have just ignored Church doctrine and used birth control anyway.

Now that the Church is trying to fire up Catholics to lead the fight against insurance companies paying for birth control, Rightwinger doubts if there will be much of a Catholic outcry

Lovin' ya back, Cu.

Look at the fucking poll, Cu. It should, if you are vaguely intelligent, tell you what Obama's problem is here. That poll, the one the left are so excited about... it shows a huge drop in support when it comes to the government forcing a religious organization to go against its principles. This fight is not about birth control... that is the mistake the left are making... it is about whether the government has the right to force Church's to go against their doctrine.

The mistake Obama made on this, and the one that Catholics are being informed about, is that he lied to the Church in order to garner its support for the AHA. He promised us that he would not force the Church to go against its doctrine. He lied. For the Church to break the confidence of private meetings to come out and tell Catholics that Obama lied to our Church is a big deal. You may not get that, but Catholics do. And we are not alone. Thousands of Church's support us - even those that do not traditionally work well with the Catholic Church.

You are losing sight of what this is... an attack on our First Amendment Rights. The difference is that - if the government was attacking YOUR First Amendment Rights, I would - whether I agreed with you or not - be standing right beside you. The pity is that left wingers are so entrenched in 'group think' that you can no longer rationally think for yourselves.

Coz I think there's a good chance Santorum will get the nomination but I suspect that his social conservatism will be out of sync with the majority of swing voters.

Maybe he can surprise me though.

There is no telling who will be the nominee right now.

Why is it everyone starts getting all pessimistic at the slightest setback?

This is really frustrating me right now.
I hope the process continues...the American people are speaking out, and not exactly how the party elites want it to, and that's a good thing. The American people are tired of being second-guessed, and having folks forced on them they don't necessarily want.

4 more years of constitution-shredding by President Obama.

:hmpf:

So what you are saying is you don't think Conservatives can run as conservatives and win?

I don't think Santorum will get the nomination because he doesn't have the resources to go the distance. But what is clear is that unless they are bombarded by money, Republican Voters left to their own devices will not vote for Romney.

I think that someone who feels comfortable talking about banning contraception, even in an abstract sense in the context of the constitution, is going to have a hard time winning the general. And that crud about not giving "black people" "other people's money". And all sorts of things which aren't well known about him but which will bubble up to the top of the google feed now that he is drawing serious attention. All going to make it hard for him to win the general.

Social conservatives who focus conspicuously on the social are scary sumguns.

But I still think Santorum could get the nomination. If there's any money left in Republican pockets, a lot of it will be going to him now.

I think that someone who feels comfortable talking about banning contraception, even in an abstract sense in the context of the constitution, is going to have a hard time winning the general. And that crud about not giving "black people" "other people's money". And all sorts of things which aren't well known about him but which will bubble up to the top of the google feed now that he is drawing serious attention. All going to make it hard for him to win the general.

Social conservatives who focus conspicuously on the social are scary sumguns.

But I still think Santorum could get the nomination. If there's any money left in Republican pockets, a lot of it will be going to him now.

Maybe.

I'm not big on the social issues, but I'd vote for Santorum over Romney because when Rick tells me something, I'm sure that's what he believes. Romney, I would have to check if he told me the sky was blue, because he's really about that oily.

Lovin' ya back, Cu.

Rightwinger remembers that American Catholics have been urging their church to lighten up about birth control for fifty years. Rightwinger knows that Catholics have just ignored Church doctrine and used birth control anyway.

Now that the Church is trying to fire up Catholics to lead the fight against insurance companies paying for birth control, Rightwinger doubts if there will be much of a Catholic outcry

Joe's wondering why everyone's now talking in the third person. Is there a case of "Bob Dole's Disease" spreading on the board? :lol::lol::lol:

Lovin' ya back, Cu.

Look at the fucking poll, Cu. It should, if you are vaguely intelligent, tell you what Obama's problem is here. That poll, the one the left are so excited about... it shows a huge drop in support when it comes to the government forcing a religious organization to go against its principles. This fight is not about birth control... that is the mistake the left are making... it is about whether the government has the right to force Church's to go against their doctrine.

The mistake Obama made on this, and the one that Catholics are being informed about, is that he lied to the Church in order to garner its support for the AHA. He promised us that he would not force the Church to go against its doctrine. He lied. For the Church to break the confidence of private meetings to come out and tell Catholics that Obama lied to our Church is a big deal. You may not get that, but Catholics do. And we are not alone. Thousands of Church's support us - even those that do not traditionally work well with the Catholic Church.

You are losing sight of what this is... an attack on our First Amendment Rights. The difference is that - if the government was attacking YOUR First Amendment Rights, I would - whether I agreed with you or not - be standing right beside you. The pity is that left wingers are so entrenched in 'group think' that you can no longer rationally think for yourselves.

So, Cali- what about the fact your Weird Mormon Robot supported the exact same kind of thing and worse when he was Governor of Massachusetts?

Yep. We're moderate... the Catholic vote is the biggest swing vote in the country - and is heavily concentrated in battle ground states. In 2000, and 2004, they went for Bush. In 2008, they went for Obama. But.... across America, in not just Catholic Churches, congregations are being told about your dishonest hack in the White House. Catholics generally put their faith above their loyalty to a political party. I would not be overly confident, if I were a liberal, that the damage has not already been done.

He'll cave... or he'll risk losing a massive voter block that he needs to carry to win. The problem, for Obama... is that if he does cave, he'll piss of the left wing whack jobs. If he thinks the Church will bend over on this.... he is wrong.. and nor will Catholics. Don't believe me? Check out the facts for yourself. And be afraid. Be very, very afraid. :lol:

The only Catholics who are upset about this are the ones who aren't voting for Obama anyway.

Most sensible Catholics, the 75% who think the Church's position on family planning is crackers, won't care about this.

They will care about the force being forced to do something against its own teachings, they sure will, most of them.

Yep. We're moderate... the Catholic vote is the biggest swing vote in the country - and is heavily concentrated in battle ground states. In 2000, and 2004, they went for Bush. In 2008, they went for Obama. But.... across America, in not just Catholic Churches, congregations are being told about your dishonest hack in the White House. Catholics generally put their faith above their loyalty to a political party. I would not be overly confident, if I were a liberal, that the damage has not already been done.

He'll cave... or he'll risk losing a massive voter block that he needs to carry to win. The problem, for Obama... is that if he does cave, he'll piss of the left wing whack jobs. If he thinks the Church will bend over on this.... he is wrong.. and nor will Catholics. Don't believe me? Check out the facts for yourself. And be afraid. Be very, very afraid. :lol:

The only Catholics who are upset about this are the ones who aren't voting for Obama anyway.

Most sensible Catholics, the 75% who think the Church's position on family planning is crackers, won't care about this.

They will care about the force being forced to do something against its own teachings, they sure will, most of them.

The force is strong in that one it is

The pro-choice to the far left and the pro-birth to the far right can't win on their own merits. They need the center. And on this single issue, the center will lean right. Look for an Obama compromise before Monday.

Except that most Catholics go against those teachings themselves.

Grew up Catholic. Got a lot of Catholic poonany.... all those girls were on the pill.

Sorry, that's just a fact of life. The average rank and file catholic lives in the real world where pregnancies are planned around careers, education and finances. The days when I was growing up where they all had big families of five kids- those days are gone.

My parents had five kids... my siblings all stopped at two each. FAMILY PLANNING. Most of them are still practicing Catholics. A few even work for the church.

Grew up Catholic. Got a lot of Catholic poonany.... all those girls were on the pill.

Sorry, that's just a fact of life. The average rank and file catholic lives in the real world where pregnancies are planned around careers, education and finances. The days when I was growing up where they all had big families of five kids- those days are gone.

My parents had five kids... my siblings all stopped at two each. FAMILY PLANNING. Most of them are still practicing Catholics. A few even work for the church.

And they will stand up for the church before they stand up for the government, regardless of their family planning. You don't know Catholics any better than Mormons.

Hey, JakeFuckhead, most of my relatives are Catholic.

No, this isn't a big deal to most Catholics. In fact, the only people I've heard get upset about this are on this board.

and since ROmney did THE EXACT SAME THING in Massachusetts, you really don't have much of a leg to stand on.

Coz I think there's a good chance now that Santorum will get the nomination but I suspect that his social conservatism will be out of sync with the majority of swing voters.

I wouldn't worry--Rick Santorum has been basically ignored for the better part of this primary. Not NOW--Romney super pac funds will be going after him--and Newt Gingrich will finally get a breather.

Santorum is way too far right on social issues to attract the female vote. He has insulted gays and females by his very hard line stance on abortion. He also has a very well noted earmark problem.

Rick Santorum's top 10 problems - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

And then this just tonight where Santorum states that he was against the Tea Party movement--and would speak vocally against them. In fact if this video would have surfaced last week--I doubt very seriously that he would have won Colorado--as it was Tea Party conservatives that put him over the top in Colorado.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEeHDCsetLc]Santorum against the Tea-Party (Big Surprise huh) - YouTube[/ame]

"4 more years of constitution-shredding by President Obama."

So invest in shredders. A smart capitalist can make money in any market.

Last edited:

:lol:

I was thinking he'd just have to tear up the one in the Archives. But you're right. They'll have to do something about all the copies. Thanks for the tip. :thup:

:lol:

I was thinking he'd just have to tear up the one in the Archives. But you're right. They'll have to do something about all the copies. Thanks for the tip. :thup:

Obama stated that the U.S. Constitution and our founding fathers are getting in the way of his "hope and change."

In a TODAY exclusive, Matt Lauer asked Obama about his supporters' disappointment over his first-term performance — that they believe he hasn't been "the transformational political figure they hoped you would be."

"What's frustrated people is that I have not be able to force Congress to implement every aspect of what I said in 2008," he said.

"That's just the nature of being president," he said. "It turns out that our founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change than I would like sometimes."

Obama on presidency:

Coz I think there's a good chance Santorum will get the nomination but I suspect that his social conservatism will be out of sync with the majority of swing voters.

Ummm... I know not of what you speak re: Santorum.

If you're a Romney supporter and think he's got a shot against Obama, fret not. That is who you're getting. :thup:

The Republican primaries from here forward will look much like the general election, except that Romney will be playing the moderate liberal candidate versus the candidate from the right, Santorum. Santorum will win the smaller red states and Romney will win the Blue states. Big states like California, New York, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, and so forth will go to Romney. Delegates will be split in some states, but in the end, Romney definitely end up with the most delegates. The only question will be whether or not he can get 50% or more. Gingrich will likely drop out before the end, but Paul may stay and could be the one to prevent Romney from getting 50%.

No matter what happens, I'm having fun watching this play out.

I remember when the pill came out in the 60s. We would go to church and the priest would rant about the church position on contraception.
I remember my mom and my moms friends who were all catholic and all had four or five kids. Their response was.....I'm gunna get me some of that

Forum List

Back