Disappointed Romney supporter getting ready for

Coz I think there's a good chance now that Santorum will get the nomination but I suspect that his social conservatism will be out of sync with the majority of swing voters.

Maybe he can surprise me though.

That's what everyone said about Reagan's social conservatism. They were dead wrong.

exactly. She doesn't even know that she's a "fringer"
4.gif

Exactly? What, you think a whack job's opinion is fact?

:lol: Idiot.

Well, you're a whackjob who thinks your opinion is fact, so...

Lol, how can you be so clueless? She holds her opinion because she believes that what the Magisterium says is fact, not her own opinion.

Hence one of the key mental disabilities of liberals: the inability to understand what is legitimate authority and what it means to follow said authority.

But in the mind of the libtard, anything said by any self-proclaimed scientist, no matter how unrelated the subject from his specialty, is EXACTLY FACT to be forever unquestioned by us unwashed serfs.

Libtards treat scientists like Catholics do the Magisterium, but the problem is, while the Magisterium claims to speak eternal unchanging Truth, science properly understood claims no such thing. Science is constantly in flux, and so the libtard is forever despising the prior generation that bought into the once-held scientific Truth of their generation (like racism for example and eugenics) no matter how immoral or evil.

For conservatives, time is on their side as the libtards implode intellectually, demographically and politically. While the libtards have the temproary advantage of being able to hoodwink, con and confuse gullible conseervatives, over time these technique are less successful and the conservative advantage in demographic growth will prevail.

Yep. We're moderate... the Catholic vote is the biggest swing vote in the country - and is heavily concentrated in battle ground states. In 2000, and 2004, they went for Bush. In 2008, they went for Obama. But.... across America, in not just Catholic Churches, congregations are being told about your dishonest hack in the White House. Catholics generally put their faith above their loyalty to a political party. I would not be overly confident, if I were a liberal, that the damage has not already been done.

He'll cave... or he'll risk losing a massive voter block that he needs to carry to win. The problem, for Obama... is that if he does cave, he'll piss of the left wing whack jobs. If he thinks the Church will bend over on this.... he is wrong.. and nor will Catholics. Don't believe me? Check out the facts for yourself. And be afraid. Be very, very afraid. :lol:

Survey: Majority of Catholics support including birth control in health care plans | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Oh dip, you mean this might steer more Catholics towards Obama?

Cali's about to have an aneurysm! :lol:

Nothin' but love for ya Cali. :eusa_angel:

Dear God, I hope and pray Obama thinks like you do.

Unless Romney gets the GOP nomination, that is.

Limbaugh keeps saying it, in a wide variety of ways: Run a true conservative and you'll win. Santorum appears to be the closest thing. Since it doesn't look like Romney can beat Obama, seems to me the GOP should go for it and run as hard right as possible, what the hell. He and every other right wing blabber say Independents like myself are irrelevant, here's your chance. Run Santorum/Bachmann - a good, strong, godly, hard right ticket.

Let's see what happens.

Romney will get the nomination and Romney will lose

Says you and your Ouija board?

I have yet to hear any good reasons why people think Romney is inevitable still.

He has only won three of eight primaries/caucuses for Christs sake; that hardly proves he is invulnerable.

Romney $$$$$$
Gingrich $$$
Santorum $
Paul :cuckoo:

So, when Santorum won four of the last eight states, he must have outspent Romney and Gingrich and had more cash on hand then both of them, right?

If not, and we both know he did not, then why does that not demonstrate in your mind the plausible notion that someone can still win in this country on the basis of ideas and not just smear jobs and repeating the 'Big Lie' forever?

How many previously respected conservative leaders will Romney get away with smearing before the vast majority realize he is just a fucking liar?

I think it is real soon now.

Oh, but I wouldn't base it just upon the cashola. Winning a few primaries can cause a lot more $$$$ to go Little Ricky's way. Not saying that I think he's gonna be the nominee, but it ain't just about money.

Romney has the money to play whack-a-mole with whoever pops his head up. Gingrich pops up......Romney whacks him down
Santorum pops up......Romney whacks him down

You may be right, although the fact he HAS to whack them down at this stage of the game has gotta be keeping him awake at night.

And people are starting to realize in ever growing numbers that Romney is nothing more than a lying neofascist fraud who has so much nothing going for him that he can only win by smearing everyone else into the mud with tens of millions of dollars in paid slander.

4 more years of constitution-shredding by President Obama.

:hmpf:

So what you are saying is you don't think Conservatives can run as conservatives and win?

I don't think Santorum will get the nomination because he doesn't have the resources to go the distance. But what is clear is that unless they are bombarded by money, Republican Voters left to their own devices will not vote for Romney.

Ameilia,

I would not get too down right now. I would rather see Rick Santorum win the nomination than Mitt Romney but, if Mitt wins the nomination, I will easily vote for Mitt. In some cases Mitt is misrepresented, such as on the morning after pill and related items. Mitt VETOED this, but his veto was overridden.

The biggest thing Mitt Romney needs to do is fire his advisors, they are screwing him up and it is easy to see. Mitt needs to just be himself.

Lol, if Mittens starts being himself, he would turn invisible.

An empty limosine will pull up to the GOP convention in Tampa Floriduh and Romney will get out.

4 more years of constitution-shredding by President Obama.

:hmpf:

So what you are saying is you don't think Conservatives can run as conservatives and win?

I don't think Santorum will get the nomination because he doesn't have the resources to go the distance. But what is clear is that unless they are bombarded by money, Republican Voters left to their own devices will not vote for Romney.

Santorum is now getting those resources, in fact he has gotten over a million USD since he won Teusday night.

This thing may be turning around toward the Good Side.

Limbaugh keeps saying it, in a wide variety of ways: Run a true conservative and you'll win. Santorum appears to be the closest thing. Since it doesn't look like Romney can beat Obama, seems to me the GOP should go for it and run as hard right as possible, what the hell. He and every other right wing blabber say Independents like myself are irrelevant, here's your chance. Run Santorum/Bachmann - a good, strong, godly, hard right ticket.

Let's see what happens.

No, he is not saying independents are not relevant, only less relevant to get than it is to get all your conservative base to have enthusiasm and show up to vote for your guy and run all the freeby stuff that makes a campaign more likely to be successful.

Last edited:
It's not just Catholics, it's every religious organization in addition to those who just evaluate this as an economic matter. Why should someone pay for someone else's ELECTIVE decisions. They can pay themselves, go to a clinic, start a charity to provide free birth control. They have options. But they want to pick pockets. Free botox all around.

obama has the religious against him, the purse string tighteners AND those who just don't want obamacare.

Democrats stupidlty, and really stupidly, think that if a woman uses contraceptives she will support this mandate. Don't count on it.

I find this kind of amusing. The ability of women to be in the workplace is dependent on easy access to family planning. It would cost businesses a lot more if they have a lot of unexpected pregnancies. It means either paying people overtime to cover for that person when she is out or bringing in a temp to cover for her. So really, arguing economic reality is kind of silly. In a pure economic sense, paying for birth control is good economics, which is why most sensible employers do it.

Fact is, 75% of American Catholics think the Church's position on birth control is retarded and they treat the Pope like a senile uncle. (They probably also shouldn't leave him alone with the kids.)

Coz I think there's a good chance Santorum will get the nomination but I suspect that his social conservatism will be out of sync with the majority of swing voters.

Maybe he can surprise me though.

There is no telling who will be the nominee right now.

Why is it everyone starts getting all pessimistic at the slightest setback?

This is really frustrating me right now.

Again, the nominee will probably be teh Weird Mormon Robot.

And he'll lose.

What the Trifecta shows is that Most Republicans really don't want this guy, don't really like him, and if left to their own devices, would vote for nearly ANYONE else.

Now my guess is that Romney will spend the next three weeks getting surrogates to slander the hell out of Santorum by implying he's a religious crazy (which to my mind, it the ultimate irony). And that will just discourage real conservatives even further.

Yep. We're moderate... the Catholic vote is the biggest swing vote in the country - and is heavily concentrated in battle ground states. In 2000, and 2004, they went for Bush. In 2008, they went for Obama. But.... across America, in not just Catholic Churches, congregations are being told about your dishonest hack in the White House. Catholics generally put their faith above their loyalty to a political party. I would not be overly confident, if I were a liberal, that the damage has not already been done.

He'll cave... or he'll risk losing a massive voter block that he needs to carry to win. The problem, for Obama... is that if he does cave, he'll piss of the left wing whack jobs. If he thinks the Church will bend over on this.... he is wrong.. and nor will Catholics. Don't believe me? Check out the facts for yourself. And be afraid. Be very, very afraid. :lol:

The only Catholics who are upset about this are the ones who aren't voting for Obama anyway.

Most sensible Catholics, the 75% who think the Church's position on family planning is crackers, won't care about this.

Ummm... Meli? I was asking why in God's name you think anal-discharge boy will get the nomination? On what intel is that based?

anal-discharge boy? I guess I'm done with this thread now. I gross out easy. :lol:

Santorum

Nah seriously though, what would prompt you to say you think Santorum's gonna win? He's polling at 17% to Romney's 37%?

edit: OIC, he just won a bunch of primaries eh? Weird, he's such an outlier. And a whackjob. And unelectable.

Romney, Gingrich or Santorum will get the same 45% of the vote the Republican Always gets. Without a third party, they never really go below that. Making up that last six percent will depend on the state of the economy.

Each has their strengths in getting that 6%, each has their weaknesses. For instance, I would vote for Santorum, but not for Romney. Other people would refuse to vote for Santorum, but might vote for Romney.

Let's see what happens.

Rush has the political instincts of a goat. Every election he says the same thing and every election whoever the leading conservative is leaves people scratching their head and saying......where do we get these guys?

Remember Rudy G?

Social conservatives like Santorum scare people

Last edited:

The only Catholics who are upset about this are the ones who aren't voting for Obama anyway.

Most sensible Catholics, the 75% who think the Church's position on family planning is crackers, won't care about this.

Bingo.

Survey: Majority of Catholics support including birth control in health care plans | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Oh dip, you mean this might steer more Catholics towards Obama?

Cali's about to have an aneurysm! :lol:

Nothin' but love for ya Cali. :eusa_angel:

Cali's fine with it, since his own fucking poll shows a massive drop in support when it comes to forcing a religious organization to go against its principles.

Cali is laughing.... lots.... because the left are too fucking stupid to understand their own fucking polls.

Lovin' ya back, Cu.

Bingo.

Nope, he's wrong.

Let's see what happens.

Rush has the political instincts of a goat. Every election he says the same thing and every election whoever the leading conservative is leaves people scratching their head and saying......where do we get these guys?

Remember Rudy G?

Social conservatives like Santorum scare people

Shhh...you're giving away our secret.

Forum List

Back