Disappointed Romney supporter getting ready for

Sweetie.... he can't win without the Catholic vote in the battle ground states. And he's picked a fight that he cannot win with us.

Who's "us"?

You think your view is the majority view among Catholics nationwide?

exactly. She doesn't even know that she's a "fringer"
4.gif

Exactly? What, you think a whack job's opinion is fact?

:lol: Idiot.

Sweetie.... he can't win without the Catholic vote in the battle ground states. And he's picked a fight that he cannot win with us.

Who's "us"?

Yep. We're moderate... the Catholic vote is the biggest swing vote in the country - and is heavily concentrated in battle ground states. In 2000, and 2004, they went for Bush. In 2008, they went for Obama. But.... across America, in not just Catholic Churches, congregations are being told about your dishonest hack in the White House. Catholics generally put their faith above their loyalty to a political party. I would not be overly confident, if I were a liberal, that the damage has not already been done.

He'll cave... or he'll risk losing a massive voter block that he needs to carry to win. The problem, for Obama... is that if he does cave, he'll piss of the left wing whack jobs. If he thinks the Church will bend over on this.... he is wrong.. and nor will Catholics. Don't believe me? Check out the facts for yourself. And be afraid. Be very, very afraid. :lol:

Well, here's one fact:

Poll: Majority of Catholics support contraception coverage - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Ummm... I know not of what you speak re: Santorum.

If you're a Romney supporter and think he's got a shot against Obama, fret not. That is who you're getting. :thup:

I added this to my post above but got two answers before the edit. So in regard to Romney:

If unemployment numbers keep improving on paper, then that significantly impacts Romney's chance of beating Obama even if Romney can still get the nomination.

He's not going to win with alot of other religions either. Some of us whom aren't Catholics have become so in the past couple of weeks...:eusa_whistle:

He's not going to win with alot of other religions either. Some of us whom aren't Catholics have become so in the past couple of weeks...

Rabid anti-Obama partisans are indeed an important bellwether. If he can't win them over, he's in some trouble!

Idiot...he has launched a war regarding the First Amendment...what part of that don't you get?

Go back to sleep son. It suits you.

It's not just Catholics, it's every religious organization in addition to those who just evaluate this as an economic matter. Why should someone pay for someone else's ELECTIVE decisions. They can pay themselves, go to a clinic, start a charity to provide free birth control. They have options. But they want to pick pockets. Free botox all around.

obama has the religious against him, the purse string tighteners AND those who just don't want obamacare.

Democrats stupidlty, and really stupidly, think that if a woman uses contraceptives she will support this mandate. Don't count on it.

It's not just Catholics, it's every religious organization in addition to those who just evaluate this as an economic matter. Why should someone pay for someone else's ELECTIVE decisions. They can pay themselves, go to a clinic, start a charity to provide free birth control. They have options. But they want to pick pockets. Free botox all around.

obama has the religious against him, the purse string tighteners AND those who just don't want obamacare.

Democrats stupidlty, and really stupidly, think that if a woman uses contraceptives she will support this mandate. Don't count on it.

icon14.gif

Who's "us"?

Yep. We're moderate... the Catholic vote is the biggest swing vote in the country - and is heavily concentrated in battle ground states. In 2000, and 2004, they went for Bush. In 2008, they went for Obama. But.... across America, in not just Catholic Churches, congregations are being told about your dishonest hack in the White House. Catholics generally put their faith above their loyalty to a political party. I would not be overly confident, if I were a liberal, that the damage has not already been done.

He'll cave... or he'll risk losing a massive voter block that he needs to carry to win. The problem, for Obama... is that if he does cave, he'll piss of the left wing whack jobs. If he thinks the Church will bend over on this.... he is wrong.. and nor will Catholics. Don't believe me? Check out the facts for yourself. And be afraid. Be very, very afraid. :lol:

Well, here's one fact:

Poll: Majority of Catholics support contraception coverage - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

"The Hill" newspaper isn't exactly a Mother Jones-like publication either. Well? What say you CG?

You might do well to bear in mind the importance of the Catholic vote to your messiah's reelection. Just sayin'.

A majority of whom support the policy and almost all of whom will forget this non-issue come November.

Idiot...he has launched a war regarding the First Amendment...what part of that don't you get?

Go back to sleep son. It suits you.

This isn’t a First Amendment issue, no religious freedoms are being curtailed; Catholic-affiliated, private sector employers are paying for healthcare, not contraceptives.

If you're a Romney supporter and think he's got a shot against Obama, fret not. That is who you're getting. :thup:

I added this to my post above but got two answers before the edit. So in regard to Romney:

If unemployment numbers keep improving on paper, then that significantly impacts Romney's chance of beating Obama even if Romney can still get the nomination.

How many Catholics WANT their insurance to pay for birth control? Me thinks the Catholic outrage will be short-lived since most use birth control anyway

Coz I think there's a good chance Santorum will get the nomination but I suspect that his social conservatism will be out of sync with the majority of swing voters.

Maybe he can surprise me though.

You might do well to bear in mind the importance of the Catholic vote to your messiah's reelection. Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:

Cali, you've been very emotional and vocal on this subject.

But 1. I didn't cast any predictions about 'my messiah's' chances in the general; Just that Mittens will be the Republican candidate, and 2. I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that 95%+ of Catholics don't give a rat's ass about this Obama thing, if they're even aware of it at all. :dunno:

Coz I think there's a good chance Santorum will get the nomination but I suspect that his social conservatism will be out of sync with the majority of swing voters.

Maybe he can surprise me though.

I started to add this to my post above but got two responses before the edit. So in regard to Romney:

Ummm... Meli? I was asking why in God's name you think anal-discharge boy will get the nomination? On what intel is that based?

You might do well to bear in mind the importance of the Catholic vote to your messiah's reelection. Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:

But 1. I didn't cast any predictions about 'my messiah's' chances in the general; Just that Mittens will be the Republican candidate, and 2. I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that 95%+ of Catholics don't give a rat's ass about this Obama thing, if they're even aware of it at all. :dunno:

Now, now, Cuyo...

Don't be a whackjob confusing your opinion for fact, now.

Now, now, Cuyo...

Don't be a whackjob confusing your opinion for fact, now.

I'm pretty confident with this particular opinion. *shrug*

Who's "us"?

Survey: Majority of Catholics support including birth control in health care plans | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

. Despite the opposition of Catholic leaders, Catholics are actually more likely than non-Catholics to support including contraception in health plans, according to survey results by the Public Religion Research Institute.

About 58% of American Catholics "believe that employers should be required to provide their employees with health care plans that cover contraception," the survey showed. That was higher than the percentage of white mainline Protestants (50%) and white evangelicals (38%) who believe that. The Catholic Church officially forbids contraception use, but 98% of Catholic women who have been sexually active have used birth control. The survey comes as Catholic bishops and their supporters are protesting a decision last month by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Looks good for the messiah doesn't it?

Last edited:

Well, here's one fact:

"The Hill" newspaper isn't exactly a Mother Jones-like publication either. Well? What say you CG?

I'll say the same thing I did last time this poll was posted. Skewed questions give skewed results...

And....

Again...

I would draw your attention - from your own fucking link....

But among Catholic voters, only 45 percent are in favor of requiring that organizations affiliated with churches be required to provide the coverage. Support from all voters falls to 49 percent.

This poll does not support your stance.... it supports mine.

idiot.

Who's "us"?

Survey: Majority of Catholics support including birth control in health care plans | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Oh dip, you mean this might steer more Catholics towards Obama?

Cali's about to have an aneurysm! :lol:

Nothin' but love for ya Cali. :eusa_angel:

I started to add this to my post above but got two responses before the edit. So in regard to Romney:

Ummm... Meli? I was asking why in God's name you think anal-discharge boy will get the nomination? On what intel is that based?

anal-discharge boy? I guess I'm done with this thread now. I gross out easy. :lol:

Last edited:

anal-discharge boy? I guess I'm done with this thread now. I gross out easy. :lol:

He means Santorum because he's got a sick mind.

Forum List

Back