Disappointed Romney supporter getting ready for

Hey, JakeFuckhead, most of my relatives are Catholic. No, this isn't a big deal to most Catholics. In fact, the only people I've heard get upset about this are on this board. and since ROmney did THE EXACT SAME THING in Massachusetts, you really don't have much of a leg to stand on.

I doubt that very much, since you have multiple monikers and lie some of the time. You do not understand Catholics any more than Mormons. Your words give you away as usual.

Hey, JakeFuckhead, most of my relatives are Catholic. No, this isn't a big deal to most Catholics. In fact, the only people I've heard get upset about this are on this board. and since ROmney did THE EXACT SAME THING in Massachusetts, you really don't have much of a leg to stand on.

I doubt that very much, since you have multiple monikers and lie some of the time. You do not understand Catholics any more than Mormons. Your words give you away as usual.

Oooookay, guy, I know you need to believe that...

Only Fake we see here is you. pretending to be Republican and then denouncing the TEA Party, Bush, Neo-Cons, etc.

You are absolutely right about Joey. He knows nothing about Catholics, or Mormons, or much of anything else that I can tell.

He's too stupid to even understand that - on this damned forum - several times - people have posted the clause from the Mass Health Care bill that provides an out for religious organizations - including charities run by religions.

He's an idiot. No way to get around that.

The only Catholics who are upset about this are the ones who aren't voting for Obama anyway.

Most sensible Catholics, the 75% who think the Church's position on family planning is crackers, won't care about this.

They will care about the force being forced to do something against its own teachings, they sure will, most of them.

Except that most Catholics go against those teachings themselves.

Grew up Catholic. Got a lot of Catholic poonany.... all those girls were on the pill.

Sorry, that's just a fact of life. The average rank and file catholic lives in the real world where pregnancies are planned around careers, education and finances. The days when I was growing up where they all had big families of five kids- those days are gone.

My parents had five kids... my siblings all stopped at two each. FAMILY PLANNING. Most of them are still practicing Catholics. A few even work for the church.

Hmm, you dont get the point.

These Catholics are Catholic based on a sort of ethnic identity that is Catholic, since they obviously dont follow the teaching sof the church in any specific way.

That same ethnic-ish loyalty will alienate a GOOD MANY OF THEM. How many? What percentages from his Catholic vote in 2008 will Obama lose because of this?

I dont know but it must be more significant than you seem to think since he has already backed away from the bluntness of the original.

They will care about the force being forced to do something against its own teachings, they sure will, most of them.

Grew up Catholic. Got a lot of Catholic poonany.... all those girls were on the pill.

Sorry, that's just a fact of life. The average rank and file catholic lives in the real world where pregnancies are planned around careers, education and finances. The days when I was growing up where they all had big families of five kids- those days are gone.

My parents had five kids... my siblings all stopped at two each. FAMILY PLANNING. Most of them are still practicing Catholics. A few even work for the church.

And they will stand up for the church before they stand up for the government, regardless of their family planning. You don't know Catholics any better than Mormons.

That depends on the Catholic individual.

Some will still side with Obama no matter what he does, and some will hate him no matter what he does, but a few will switch to opposing him because of this with no one swinging over to support him in response to his decree.

Its that difference of a net loss of support by those on the cusp of supporting him again that Obama will sorely miss if he doesnt repay the damage he has done with the Catholic community.

On "sell factor"and mind you,with no disrespect,i cant stand romney,but him,using paul as VP,will destroy the current regime. Opposite sides of the party on one ticket...

Hmm, you dont get the point.

These Catholics are Catholic based on a sort of ethnic identity that is Catholic, since they obviously dont follow the teaching sof the church in any specific way.

That same ethnic-ish loyalty will alienate a GOOD MANY OF THEM. How many? What percentages from his Catholic vote in 2008 will Obama lose because of this?

I dont know but it must be more significant than you seem to think since he has already backed away from the bluntness of the original.

I disagree. I haven't talked to any Catholics who are upset about this. I even made a point to ask my sister, who is an office manager at one parish and my neice who is teacher at a Catholic middle school. Neither one of them have a problem with Obama's ruling. (Of course, IL is one of the 28 states that already requires this, so it's no change for them.)

I do think he realizes he didn't handle this as well, so this backing off, which really isn't a change, kind of gives the Bishops a hook to hand their silly hats on, and I wouldn't have given them that much.

You are absolutely right about Joey. He knows nothing about Catholics, or Mormons, or much of anything else that I can tell.

He's too stupid to even understand that - on this damned forum - several times - people have posted the clause from the Mass Health Care bill that provides an out for religious organizations - including charities run by religions.

He's an idiot. No way to get around that.

Yawn... fact is your boy Romney signed a law that was harsher than the one Obama signed, and you'll vote for him anyway....

Religion- keeping stupid people stupid since the Dawn of time.

Yep. We're moderate... the Catholic vote is the biggest swing vote in the country - and is heavily concentrated in battle ground states. In 2000, and 2004, they went for Bush. In 2008, they went for Obama. But.... across America, in not just Catholic Churches, congregations are being told about your dishonest hack in the White House. Catholics generally put their faith above their loyalty to a political party. I would not be overly confident, if I were a liberal, that the damage has not already been done.

He'll cave... or he'll risk losing a massive voter block that he needs to carry to win. The problem, for Obama... is that if he does cave, he'll piss of the left wing whack jobs. If he thinks the Church will bend over on this.... he is wrong.. and nor will Catholics. Don't believe me? Check out the facts for yourself. And be afraid. Be very, very afraid. :lol:

The only Catholics who are upset about this are the ones who aren't voting for Obama anyway.

Most sensible Catholics, the 75% who think the Church's position on family planning is crackers, won't care about this.

Really? It doesn't seem to bother them to go against the Pope on the Death Penalty, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and universal health care. Why should birth control be different?

Coz I think there's a good chance Santorum will get the nomination but I suspect that his social conservatism will be out of sync with the majority of swing voters.

Maybe he can surprise me though.

There is no telling who will be the nominee right now.

Why is it everyone starts getting all pessimistic at the slightest setback?

This is really frustrating me right now.
I hope the process continues...the American people are speaking out, and not exactly how the party elites want it to, and that's a good thing. The American people are tired of being second-guessed, and having folks forced on them they don't necessarily want.

How'd that work out for you? LOL

There is no telling who will be the nominee right now.

Why is it everyone starts getting all pessimistic at the slightest setback?

This is really frustrating me right now.
I hope the process continues...the American people are speaking out, and not exactly how the party elites want it to, and that's a good thing. The American people are tired of being second-guessed, and having folks forced on them they don't necessarily want.

Keep laughing into November...:eusa_whistle:

Keep laughing into November...:eusa_whistle:

Oh I'll be laughing well after that I think...:eusa_whistle:

4 more years of constitution-shredding by President Obama.

:hmpf:

Holy toledo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost stroked when I read the thread title and the OP thinking why the hell would Amelia be caving now before I saw the date.

Sheesh guys, it could have been the "big one". Who brought this thread back?

4 more years of constitution-shredding by President Obama.

:hmpf:

Holy toledo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost stroked when I read the thread title and the OP thinking why the hell would Amelia be caving now before I saw the date.

Sheesh guys, it could have been the "big one". Who brought this thread back?

I did it. I do that from time to time when I'm waiting for someone to show up who is late for our meeting........grrrrrr!!!

It is fun to see how the "internet tough guys", the ones who swore they would spit nails instead of acquiesce to their party elders' wishes, got transformed into the party hacks they swear they are not though.

Ummm... I know not of what you speak re: Santorum.

If you're a Romney supporter and think he's got a shot against Obama, fret not. That is who you're getting. :thup:

I added this to my post above but got two answers before the edit. So in regard to Romney:

If unemployment numbers keep improving on paper, then that significantly impacts Romney's chance of beating Obama even if Romney can still get the nomination.

Sweetie.... he can't win without the Catholic vote in the battle ground states. And he's picked a fight that he cannot win with us.

So how has this worked out?

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back