Disappointed Romney supporter getting ready for

"The Hill" newspaper isn't exactly a Mother Jones-like publication either. Well? What say you CG?

I'll say the same thing I did last time this poll was posted. Skewed questions give skewed results...

And....

Again...

I would draw your attention - from your own fucking link....

But among Catholic voters, only 45 percent are in favor of requiring that organizations affiliated with churches be required to provide the coverage. Support from all voters falls to 49 percent.

This poll does not support your stance.... it supports mine.

idiot.

Wow, you seem to be a bit on the irate side, lately.

What say you about what rightwinger just posted, btw?

Birth control is not a hot button issue with American Catholics. The position of most Catholics is to ignore the church and use birth control in spite of Church objections. Most priests know their parishioners use birth control and look the other way

If it was abortion, American Catholics will get fired up.......birth control? They want their insurance to pay for it

I started to add this to my post above but got two responses before the edit. So in regard to Romney:

If unemployment numbers keep improving on paper, then that significantly impacts Romney's chance of beating Obama even if Romney can still get the nomination.

Ummm... Meli? I was asking why in God's name you think anal-discharge boy will get the nomination? On what intel is that based?

anal-discharge boy? I guess I'm done with this thread now. I gross out easy. :lol:

Santorum

Nah seriously though, what would prompt you to say you think Santorum's gonna win? He's polling at 17% to Romney's 37%?

edit: OIC, he just won a bunch of primaries eh? Weird, he's such an outlier. And a whackjob. And unelectable.

Last edited:
Romney will get the nomination and Romney will lose

Says you and your Ouija board?

I have yet to hear any good reasons why people think Romney is inevitable still.

He has only won three of eight primaries/caucuses for Christs sake; that hardly proves he is invulnerable.

And while we're on the subject of this mandate in general, this is a law on the books of REPUBLICAN-CONTROLLED GEORGIA:

Official Code of Georgia Annotated § 33-24-59.6

Legislative Declaration Regarding Contraception; Coverage for Contraceptives.

(a) The General Assembly finds and declares that:

(1) Maternal and infant health are greatly improved when women have access to contraceptive supplies to prevent unintended pregnancies;

(2) Because many Americans hope to complete their families with two or three children, many women spend the majority of their reproductive lives trying to prevent pregnancy;

(3) Research has shown that 49 percent of all large group insurance plans do not routinely provide coverage for contraceptive drugs and devices. While virtually all health care plans cover prescription drugs generally, the absence of prescription contraceptive coverage is largely responsible for the fact that women spend 68 percent more in out-of-pocket expenses for health care than men; and

(4) Requiring insurance coverage for prescription drugs and devices for contraception is in the public interest in improving the health of mothers, children, and families and in providing for health insurance coverage which is fairer and more equitable.

(b) As used in this Code section, the term:

(1) "Health benefit policy" means any individual or group plan, policy, or contract for health care services issued, delivered, issued for delivery, or renewed in this state, including those contracts executed by the State of Georgia on behalf of state employees under Article 1 of Chapter 18 of Title 45, by a health care corporation, health maintenance organization, preferred provider organization, accident and sickness insurer, fraternal benefit society, hospital service corporation, medical service corporation, provider sponsored health care corporation, or other insurer or similar entity.

(2) "Insurer" means an accident and sickness insurer, fraternal benefit society, hospital service corporation, medical service corporation, health care corporation, health maintenance organization, or any similar entity authorized to issue contracts under this title.

(c) EVERY HEALTH BENEFIT POLICY THAT IS DELIVERED, ISSUED, EXECUTED, OR RENEWED IN THIS STATE or approved for issuance or renewal in this state by the Commissioner on or after July 1, 1999, WHICH PROVIDES COVERAGE FOR PRESCRIPTION DRUGS ON AN OUTPATIENT BASIS SHALL PROVIDE COVERAGE FOR ANY PRESCRIBED DRUG OR DEVICE APPROVED BY THE UNITED STATES FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION FOR USE AS A CONTRACEPTIVE. This Code section shall not apply to limited benefit policies described in paragraph (4) of subsection (e) of Code Section 33-30-12. Likewise, nothing contained in this Code section shall be construed to require any insurance company to provide coverage for abortion.

(d) No insurer shall impose upon any person receiving prescription contraceptive benefits pursuant to this Code section any:

(1) Copayment, coinsurance payment, or fee that is not equally imposed upon all individuals in the same benefit category, class, coinsurance level or copayment level, receiving benefits for prescription drugs; or

(2) Reduction in allowable reimbursement for prescription drug benefits.

(e) This Code section shall not be construed to:

(1) Require coverage for prescription coverage benefits in any contract, policy, or plan that does not otherwise provide coverage for prescription drugs; or

(2) Preclude the use of closed formularies; provided, however, that such formularies shall include oral, implant, and injectable contraceptive drugs, intrauterine devices, and prescription barrier methods.

Birth control is not a hot button issue with American Catholics. The position of most Catholics is to ignore the church and use birth control in spite of Church objections. Most priests know their parishioners use birth control and look the other way

If it was abortion, American Catholics will get fired up.......birth control? They want their insurance to pay for it

But at the same time most of them dont want to see the church FORCED to provide it. They get their BC elsewhere.

But I guess we will see come this November.

As for me, as long as Romney is NOT the nominee I will vote GOP as I like Paul, Santorum and Gingrich in that order, but Romney is a neofascist sleaz-ball douche.

The reason I think Santorum could win is because he has done so well so far with not very much money.

Now that he has been recognized as a possible contender, I suspect a lot of people will flee with relief from the skanky Gingrich. And I bet a LOT of money will start being diverted to Santorum rather than Gingrich. The not-Romney vote is sizeable. And Santorum does have a more engaging style than Romney.

I think he has a decent chance.

The reason I think Santorum could win is because he has done so well so far with not very much money.

Now that he has been recognized as a possible contender, I suspect a lot of people will flee with relief from the skanky Gingrich. And I bet a LOT of money will start being diverted to Santorum rather than Gingrich. The not-Romney vote is sizeable. And Santorum does have a more engaging style than Romney.

I think he has a decent chance.
He speaks of fact that without cleaning up the social mess we are in with the decline of the nuclear family, economics becomes an acedemic exercise, and should be expected.

Santorum has stayed on message, and why he won last night. There are Americans in the heartland that get it.

Very important message/shot across the bow to the party elites on both sides.

I have yet to hear any good reasons why people think Romney is inevitable still.

He has only won three of eight primaries/caucuses for Christs sake; that hardly proves he is invulnerable.

Romney $$$$$$
Gingrich $$$
Santorum $
Paul :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Romney $$$$$$
Gingrich $$$
Santorum $

Oh, but I wouldn't base it just upon the cashola. Winning a few primaries can cause a lot more $$$$ to go Little Ricky's way. Not saying that I think he's gonna be the nominee, but it ain't just about money.

Romney $$$$$$
Gingrich $$$
Santorum $

Oh, but I wouldn't base it just upon the cashola. Winning a few primaries can cause a lot more $$$$ to go Little Ricky's way. Not saying that I think he's gonna be the nominee, but it ain't just about money.

Romney has the money to play whack-a-mole with whoever pops his head up. Gingrich pops up......Romney whacks him down
Santorum pops up......Romney whacks him down

Romney $$$$$$
Gingrich $$$
Santorum $

Romney has the money to play whack-a-mole with whoever pops his head up. Gingrich pops up......Romney whacks him down
Santorum pops up......Romney whacks him down

You may be right, although the fact he HAS to whack them down at this stage of the game has gotta be keeping him awake at night.

Coz I think there's a good chance Santorum will get the nomination but I suspect that his social conservatism will be out of sync with the majority of swing voters.

Maybe he can surprise me though.

There is no telling who will be the nominee right now.

Why is it everyone starts getting all pessimistic at the slightest setback?

This is really frustrating me right now.

Lol, man... someday you will wake up to the fact that people don't want someone like Mitt nor Santorum near the white house more than people don't want a Progressive liberal near the white house. At least the Progressive has nice things to say, even if all their policy is near 100% the same.

Bush really killed the Republican party more than I think most like to admit. Neoconservative is a dirty word. If you claim you are going to pray to God before you do pre emtive war, you are going to lose a lot of support, well, more than you gain.

Ameilia,

I would not get too down right now. I would rather see Rick Santorum win the nomination than Mitt Romney but, if Mitt wins the nomination, I will easily vote for Mitt. In some cases Mitt is misrepresented, such as on the morning after pill and related items. Mitt VETOED this, but his veto was overridden.

The biggest thing Mitt Romney needs to do is fire his advisors, they are screwing him up and it is easy to see. Mitt needs to just be himself.

If Mitt wins the nomination, he has my vote, in spite of that fact I would rather it be Santorum, I have far more faith in Romney making judicial appointments than Obama, Obama who is appointing political activist legislators to the benches.

Ok, what the fuck? 79 rep points in 25 posts? A rep/post ratio of 3.16? How's that even possible?

The closest on this page besides this guy is Meli with 0.12.

What the fuck kind of shennanigans are going on around here?

Ok, what the fuck? 79 rep points in 25 posts? A rep/post ratio of 3.16? How's that even possible?

The closest on this page besides this guy is Meli with 0.12.

What the fuck kind of shennanigans are going on around here?

The guy's getting kudos from some pretty prominent wingnuts on here, apparently. As of this posting it's now up to 80.

Ummm... I know not of what you speak re: Santorum.

If you're a Romney supporter and think he's got a shot against Obama, fret not. That is who you're getting. :thup:

I added this to my post above but got two answers before the edit. So in regard to Romney:

If unemployment numbers keep improving on paper, then that significantly impacts Romney's chance of beating Obama even if Romney can still get the nomination.

Sweetie.... he can't win without the Catholic vote in the battle ground states. And he's picked a fight that he cannot win with us.

I think enough mackeral snappers will vote for our President that he will win in those states. Not all that many Catholics are social conservatives.

4 more years of constitution-shredding by President Obama.
Romney would shred the Constitution as well, just different parts of it – such as the right to privacy, due process, and equal protection.

What is left of due process rights?

The President can have you arrested and put in a secret prison, without being charged suspending your habeus corpus rights, keep you from seeing a lawyer or any family while in said secret detention for as long as he wants, or just have you assassinated by our military.

All that by simply declaring you to be a 'terrorist'. And what is the legal criteria for making such a determination?

HS says people that want to reduce taxes and believe int he concept of the sovereign citizen are terrorists; so the Founding Fathers were all terrorists?

We dont have any right to due process as long as the government has a convenient way to completely circumvent those 'rights'.

Sweetie.... he can't win without the Catholic vote in the battle ground states. And he's picked a fight that he cannot win with us.

Who's "us"?

You think your view is the majority view among Catholics nationwide?

exactly. She doesn't even know that she's a "fringer"
4.gif

Not only is she NOT a fringer, her views are becoming more predominate with Catholics across the country as time goes on thanks to the very conservative Bishop appiontments by the last two popes.

Todays libtard Catholic is a living example of an ignorant thoughtless dumbass that time is passing by.

Forum List

Back