Dinner with Palin goes for $63,500

Would you Pay $63,500 for a Dinner with Sarah and Todd Palin?

• Total voters
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Dinner with Palin goes for $63,500 « - Blogs from CNN.com

WASHINGTON (CNN)– Dinner with Sarah Palin for $63,500?

That's what the winner of an eBay auction is forking over to chow down with the former Alaska governor, her husband, Todd and five guests.

Seven people bid a total of 61 times, starting with an opening bid of $25,000. The winner bid 27 times before winning with the $63,500 bid.

So, if you had the money, who here would pay $64,000 almost for a dinner with Sarah and Todd Palin? (That's right, candle light dinners with you and Sarah alone don't count folks :lol:)
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!! :eek:
i challenge the person paying that to prove they are a conservative

Exactly.

It seems people sometimes forget that being conservative means not being wasteful.

While doing so, take in the nice view of Russia from her house.

You are aware that she never really said that, right?

As for me, if I had $64,000 to donate for wounded veterans, as the winner of this auction apparently does, I'd eat dinner with Nancy Pelosi...

So, if you had the money, who here would pay $64,000 almost for a dinner with Sarah and Todd Palin? (That's right, candle light dinners with you and Sarah alone don't count folks :lol:)

I would:

The proceeds will go to "Ride 2 Recovery," a charity that provides wounded veterans with bicycles and organized rides to help in their mental and physical recovery.

Ride 2 Recovery - Making a Difference in the Lives of Wounded Warriors

well now :redface:
that changes everything
i still wouldnt pay that much for a dinner
but i can see me making that kind of a donation for the wounded vets
(if i had that kind of money to spare)

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Dinner with Palin goes for $63,500 « - Blogs from CNN.com

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!! :eek:
i challenge the person paying that to prove they are a conservative

Exactly.

It seems people sometimes forget that being conservative means not being wasteful.
well, that was my point
but the issue has changed
this wasnt JUST for dinner
it was a donation for wounded vets

As for me, if I had $64,000 to donate for wounded veterans, as the winner of this auction apparently does, I'd eat dinner with Nancy Pelosi...

Yes I do realize that, but it doesn't make it any less hilarious.

Also, any reason why with Nancy? :lol:

well, that was my point
but the issue has changed
this wasnt JUST for dinner
it was a donation for wounded vets

Well that's why my poll question was different. Obviously if you had $64,000, you could just donate it to Charity. So I made the poll just be more in general terms.

Though I would of liked Palin to match that amount for the charity.

Last edited:

Yes I do realize that, but it doesn't make it any less hilarious.

Also, any reason why with Nancy? :lol:

You're right, it is funny, but a lot of people actually think she said it.

As for Nancy, I don't like her. I was using her to make the point that, for a good cause, I'd eat dinner with just about anyone. But it would have to be for a good cause. Otherwise, I wouldn't pay to eat with either one of them. And no, I'm not overly fond of Palin either.

WASHINGTON (CNN)– Dinner with Sarah Palin for $63,500?

That's what the winner of an eBay auction is forking over to chow down with the former Alaska governor, her husband, Todd and five guests.

Seven people bid a total of 61 times, starting with an opening bid of $25,000. The winner bid 27 times before winning with the $63,500 bid.

Hell yes, but I don't have that kind of money, sure would be alot better than having dinner with Obama.:lol::lol:

As for Nancy, I don't like her. I was using her to make the point that, for a good cause, I'd eat dinner with just about anyone. But it would have to be for a good cause. Otherwise, I wouldn't pay to eat with either one of them. And no, I'm not overly fond of Palin either.

That's true, but I think these people are huge fans of her. I'd eat dinner with Dick Cheney for a good cause, but I probably wouldn't eat because human hearts would probably be on the menu. :lol:

You have her mixed up with Tina Fey.
The liberal idiot ray worked on you. You should be embarrassed.

See my previous post above. I was making a thing called a joke. She didn't say those exact words, but she said something similar.

Shouldn't you be busy bashing poor people for being poor? :eusa_eh:

See my previous post above. I was making a thing called a joke. She didn't say those exact words, but she said something similar.

no, actually she said something completely different
but you keep believing that, its funny as hell

That's true, but I think these people are huge fans of her. I'd eat dinner with Dick Cheney for a good cause, but I probably wouldn't eat because human hearts would probably be on the menu. :lol:

Cheney would be an interesting cat to dine with, though I have an idea that he probably wouldn't say much. Either one of the Clintons or Bushes would be interesting. Both Albright and Condi Rice would make for good conversation. There are many folks from both sides of the political spectrum with whom I would entertain the idea of sharing a meal.

How about if you point out where I've "bashed" anybody for being poor.
I will admit, I've bashed you for being stupid, but you made it easy.

no, actually she said something completely different
but you keep believing that, its funny as hell

"You can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXL86v8NoGk]YouTube - Palin on her insight into Russian Politics[/ame]

Cheney would be an interesting cat to dine with, though I have an idea that he probably wouldn't say much. Either one of the Clintons or Bushes would be interesting. Both Albright and Condi Rice would make for good conversation. There are many folks from both sides of the political spectrum with whom I would entertain the idea of sharing a meal.

It'd be interesting to see Obama and Sarah Palin dine together. You know all that deep down sexual tension between the two would make things really interesting. :rofl:

I have a feeling that dining with Bill Clinton would be a hoot, same with Dubya.

Last edited:

It'd be interesting to see Obama and Sarah Palin dine together. You know all that deep down sexual tension between the two would make things really interesting. :rofl:

I have a feeling that dining with Bill Clinton would be a hoot, same with Dubya.
naw, the way Obama looks at his wife, i'd say the only sexual tension would be between them

naw, the way Obama looks at his wife, i'd say the only sexual tension would be between them

$michelle_obama05.jpg

Michelle is not amused. :lol:

and it proves it was completely different

"You can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska."

"I can see Russia from my house."

Where's her house? On land in Alaska. :eusa_eh:

Either way, stupid comment on Palin's part.

Forum List

Back