Did Your City Make the 'High Quality of Life' List?

Anyway, the two largest cities in NZ make the top 15 while the first US city, San Francisco, comes in at 34. Perhaps Dick knows whereof he speaks...
I don't live in a city anymore simply because all cities are cesspools.

My home city of Hermitage PA didn't make the list, yet dumps like Chicago, Detroit and San Francisco- where they shit on the streets- did.

Neither did any of the other local cities, like my birthplace of Youngstown or Warren or Farrell.

Closest city to be to make the list seems to be Pittsburgh- which is a good place to get shot.

Nobody wants to live in tiny little places nobody has heard of like those places you listed. That's why nobody lives there. They want to live in Chicago, Detroit and San Francisco.

OK, not Detroit, but you get the idea.

I dont live in an urban cesspool, i live in the country. So, my quality of life is very high.
Being able to piss off your front porch is a huge advantage.

It depends.
Beacon, NY is a small city, that's really cool, having a beautiful waterfront on the Hudson river, a bunch of hillside, and riverside hiking trails, great architecture, classy, and hip stores, art galleries, and restaurants, etc.

dont listen to anyone who doesnt live in NYc or san fran about food theyre all posers :04:
with all the southerners and Texans theyre even making better BBQ these days:10:
you're on the Connecticut boarder in pawling my sisters on the other side of the hudson in orange
youre in a good spot you can head to new haven or NYc for pizza ...dont forget to ask for the mots in conn

i did business with a mill out of newburg right over the bride from ya and Poughkeepsie Both Closed
Arma was the biggest employer in newburg to

Newburg beautiful brownstones....still a ghetto crack time war zone ? do i even have to ask ? gentrification never visited Newburg NY
the hudson river towns on your side have turned into hipster transplant land ...from hipsters who had enough of the city

that train ride ON YOUR dutchess side is one of the most beautiful in the country

Unfortunately as a kid they used to stick on the Port Jervis line...going through NJ not so much

Anyone from all over the country should head to the Croton for the jackolatern blaze
that i think is still rockland

September to November

go high on a foggy night if possible

We had 6 in the top 40 or so: Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide and Perth.....the only State Capital missing was Hobart; a bit small I suppose and too cold anyway. I suppose Darwin was missing too but it's only a "sorta" Capital and very small. Loved living there but the wet season was very humid.

Greg

My home city of Hermitage PA didn't make the list, yet dumps like Chicago, Detroit and San Francisco- where they shit on the streets- did.

Neither did any of the other local cities, like my birthplace of Youngstown or Warren or Farrell.

Closest city to be to make the list seems to be Pittsburgh- which is a good place to get shot.

Nobody wants to live in tiny little places nobody has heard of like those places you listed. That's why nobody lives there. They want to live in Chicago, Detroit and San Francisco.

OK, not Detroit, but you get the idea.

Actually, the vast majority of Americans live in small and medium sized cities and rural areas. The two super-sized cities in Pennsylvania have a combined population of less than 2 million. The population of the commonwealth is almost 13 million.

Most Americans don't want to live in Failed Urban Hell Holes where its tough to park, taxes are insane and dodging bullets in the gang wars is part of life.

Vienna, Austria is the city with the best quality of life on the planet, according to a new ranking by Mercer, a human resources consulting firm. Each year, it publishes its Quality of Living report to help companies determine compensation for employees sent to work abroad.

The cities are rated based on 39 factors, grouped into the following 10 categories:

- Social environment including politics and crime

- Economic environment

- Limitations on personal freedoms

- Medical and health considerations

- Schools and education

- Public services and transportation

- Recreation and entertainment

- Consumer goods

- Housing

- Natural environment and climate

Did your city make the 2018 list? Let's take a closer look:

A bit controversial. All of the top cities seem to be in Australia or Central Europe. Zurich and Basel score highly but are both deadly dull. Milan beats Rome ? Is Birmingham better than Edinburgh ? Wrexham not mentioned at all for some reason.

How many of these places have you visited ? I am going to recount but I am in the low 20s.
No my city did not. I thought it may have something to do with the fact I live here, but after talking to people apparently it's a decided lack of democrats.

No my city did not. I thought it may have something to do with the fact I live here, but after talking to people apparently it's a decided lack of democrats.

There might be more than that. Youngstown did not make the list, even though there are huge numbers of doctrinaire Dems there, who meet the party's standards for phoniness. There are no phony Indians or Mexicans there, but they do have a phony Croat serving as mayor. "Tito" is actually not Croatian at all, in spite of his Croat name. Tito should really put his name in for President, would be a good match in a field with the other phonies

There are some interesting graphs in the survey. 8 of the top cities for personal safety are in Western Europe and

2 in New Zealand. The most dangerous cities seem to be , unsurprisingly , in war zones.
safety-at-4x-100.jpg

That list sounds like TOTAL, BS. So Berlin had a Wall across it in the 90's, and they finished picking up the Ruins, but oh wow, what if I got to Live in Germany, half your list, wow, I never thought of that. Nobody can stand American living conditions. Another joke. Detroit Michigan, hm?! A city, that doesn't even look at you, hm?!

Many places in Europe are so safe the police don't ever even go into them.

Vienna, Austria is the city with the best quality of life on the planet, according to a new ranking by Mercer, a human resources consulting firm. Each year, it publishes its Quality of Living report to help companies determine compensation for employees sent to work abroad.

The cities are rated based on 39 factors, grouped into the following 10 categories:

- Economic environment

- Schools and education

- Consumer goods

- Housing

A bit controversial. All of the top cities seem to be in Australia or Central Europe. Zurich and Basel score highly but are both deadly dull. Milan beats Rome ? Is Birmingham better than Edinburgh ? Wrexham not mentioned at all for some reason.

How many of these places have you visited ? I am going to recount but I am in the low 20s.

Paid in with blood US veterans and US tax payers

- Economic environment

- Schools and education

- Consumer goods

- Housing

Chicago is on the list.

Forum List

Back