Did Your City Make the 'High Quality of Life' List?

Vienna, Austria is the city with the best quality of life on the planet, according to a new ranking by Mercer, a human resources consulting firm. Each year, it publishes its Quality of Living report to help companies determine compensation for employees sent to work abroad.

The cities are rated based on 39 factors, grouped into the following 10 categories:

- Social environment including politics and crime

- Economic environment

- Limitations on personal freedoms

- Medical and health considerations

- Schools and education

- Public services and transportation

- Recreation and entertainment

- Consumer goods

- Housing

- Natural environment and climate

Did your city make the 2018 list? Let's take a closer look:

A bit controversial. All of the top cities seem to be in Australia or Central Europe. Zurich and Basel score highly but are both deadly dull. Milan beats Rome ? Is Birmingham better than Edinburgh ? Wrexham not mentioned at all for some reason.

How many of these places have you visited ? I am going to recount but I am in the low 20s.
Chicago is on the list.

I guess having to dodge bullets as well as MAGA Country thuggerino street gangs makes a city have a "high quality of life". During the height of the Iraq War, more brave Americans were dying in the killing fields of Chicago than in all of Iraq.

Vienna, Austria is the city with the best quality of life on the planet, according to a new ranking by Mercer, a human resources consulting firm. Each year, it publishes its Quality of Living report to help companies determine compensation for employees sent to work abroad.

The cities are rated based on 39 factors, grouped into the following 10 categories:

- Economic environment

- Schools and education

- Consumer goods

- Housing

A bit controversial. All of the top cities seem to be in Australia or Central Europe. Zurich and Basel score highly but are both deadly dull. Milan beats Rome ? Is Birmingham better than Edinburgh ? Wrexham not mentioned at all for some reason.

How many of these places have you visited ? I am going to recount but I am in the low 20s.
Chicago is on the list.
As it should be. The black and brown South and West side hoods are shooting gallery zones. Chicagoans avoid them like the plague as do tourists, and all have the rest of the city to enjoy carefree.

- Economic environment

- Schools and education

- Consumer goods

- Housing

Chicago is on the list.
As it should be. The black and brown South and West side hoods are shooting gallery zones. Chicagoans avoid them like the plague as do tourists, and all have the rest of the city to enjoy carefree.
It's what happens when you put a Blue City in a Red State. Just go outside the city two miles and you can buy all the guns you want.

D5RDUQiW4AA1mIN.jpg

That list sounds like TOTAL, BS. So Berlin had a Wall across it in the 90's, and they finished picking up the Ruins, but oh wow, what if I got to Live in Germany, half your list, wow, I never thought of that. Nobody can stand American living conditions. Another joke. Detroit Michigan, hm?! A city, that doesn't even look at you, hm?!
American cities are in the top 50 what is the problem ?

- Economic environment

- Schools and education

- Consumer goods

- Housing

Chicago is on the list.
It's what happens when you put a Blue City in a Red State. Just go outside the city two miles and you can buy all the guns you want.

D5RDUQiW4AA1mIN.jpg

Illinois is a Deep Blue state, dean

- Economic environment

- Schools and education

- Consumer goods

- Housing

Chicago is on the list.

D5RDUQiW4AA1mIN.jpg
Wrong, again as usual. It’s what happens when a city’s in the stranglehold of crooked dim pols for a century or so.

Forum List

Back