Did Obama DESERVE to become president??

That being said, I have no reason to debate this with you further.
One of us is working on a false premise.....
And I tend to believe it is not me.

Silverado ring a bell? Ivan Boesky? Michael Milken? Star Wars? Iran-Contra? Doubling the Debt? Financial Market bailouts? Junk Bonds? Corporate Raiders?

Some people think that can all be cleared up by standing in front of the flag and giving a good speech.

I am not in that school of thought.
I can do the same thing...

Fast and Furious, Solyndra, failed stimulus, AIG bonuses, increasing the debt faster than anyone in our history,....all that in 3 years.....

But my guess is you will be casting your vote for him anyway next november.

Do the same thing, what?

The Stimulus didn't fail. And the "debt" was accrued during the last administration. The Obama administration got stuck with the check.

Fast and Furious? What a joke. Seriously. You have a criminal like Issa running the show. That in itself corrupts the whole "investigation". Same with Solyndra. None of you are talking about stopping private/public partnerships..or getting rid of dubious law enforcement iniatives. You're just talking about these particular instances. 300 billion was wasted on the Joint Strike Fighter..not a peep from you guys. Missile defense? You guys still want it. Bait cars? Not a problem..even though lots of people have died from that program. Feds lying to get confessions? Bwuh? Undercovers killing innocent People? Sean Bell who? And the whole "bailout" thing didn't seem to be a problem when republican administrations were doing it. It was Cheney that said Deficits don't matter..until of course they do.

That being said, I have no reason to debate this with you further.
One of us is working on a false premise.....
And I tend to believe it is not me.

Silverado ring a bell? Ivan Boesky? Michael Milken? Star Wars? Iran-Contra? Doubling the Debt? Financial Market bailouts? Junk Bonds? Corporate Raiders?

Some people think that can all be cleared up by standing in front of the flag and giving a good speech.

Fast and Furious, Solyndra, failed stimulus, AIG bonuses, increasing the debt faster than anyone in our history,....all that in 3 years.....

Failed stimulus? More than a hundred Republican congressmen who voted against it don't think so. Do some research. Find out how many millions Republicans took and created thousands of jobs they took credit for.

Use a search engine. Type in "Republicans take credit for stimulus":

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy...4bbda87bf5c44b5&biw=1742&bih=882&pf=p&pdl=500

I find it interesting no one asks that about George W. Bush.

Maybe it's because Obama is "uppity" and "doesn't know his place".

Right?

Bush had a record of governing for people to evaluate.
Obama had never governed...never was "the boss" of anything.

Did he deserve becoming elected?

Well, the way I see it...those who voted for him deserve what they got.

The rest of us are stuck with it.

You are doing a much better job with this than the OP.

Taught constitutional law for 10 years at the University Level.

Traveled all over the world as a child

State Senator for Illinois sponsored 820 bills that became law

US Senator sponsored 427 bills and authored 152 (remember, Hillary authored 20 in six years, many Republicans, none)

Compare that to, say, McCain who graduated 5th from the bottom out of 899 or sex fiend Herman Cain who never served in public office.

And they say Obama's resume is thin? Hilarious. How much can one man do in a lifetime? But he IS black. To the white wing, that makes all the difference. Nothing he does will ever be enough.

And the one major quality rquired for a President in a two party system is the one thing you seemed to have neglected.

Leadership.

What has he led that gave you the confidence that he would be able to lead us at a very turmultuous time in our history?

A tumultuous time totally mismanaged by Republicans who promise to make things worse. They want to invade and bomb pretty much everywhere.

Republican record:

Let Bin Laden go

Over 3,000 Americans dead

Nearly 40,000 maimed.

Iraq is now friends with Iran.

Iran is close to being the strongest country in the Middle East

N. Korea has nuclear weapons mounted on missiles.

Millions of jobs moved to China.

A crashed economy.

Tax cuts for billionaires.

Do I really need to go into Obama's record. Not only did he take out terrorist Qaddafi and Bin Laden, but he did both without the loss of a single American life.

He's been left to deal with all these other fiascos and has done an amazing job, considering that Republicans proclaimed they wanted to him fail even before he was sworn in. You gotta give him props.

I asked what itr was that he led that gave youy the confidence that he would be a great leader...

And you answered with "what the republicans didnt do"

Then you mentioned what a great military and intelligence agencies we have and their success in minimizing casualties while taking out some bad people.

And then you say he has done a great job.

But if you read what you wrote.....you have yet to show any sign of leadership.

In fact...you excuse his lack of leadership by blaming the GOP for wanting him to fail.

I got news for you sweetheart......the oppposing party ALWAYS wants the president to fail...

But those with great leadership overcome that and get the congress working together.

So how is he doing with that?

Do the same thing, what?

The Stimulus didn't fail. And the "debt" was accrued during the last administration. The Obama administration got stuck with the check.

Fast and Furious? What a joke. Seriously. You have a criminal like Issa running the show. That in itself corrupts the whole "investigation". Same with Solyndra. None of you are talking about stopping private/public partnerships..or getting rid of dubious law enforcement iniatives. You're just talking about these particular instances. 300 billion was wasted on the Joint Strike Fighter..not a peep from you guys. Missile defense? You guys still want it. Bait cars? Not a problem..even though lots of people have died from that program. Feds lying to get confessions? Bwuh? Undercovers killing innocent People? Sean Bell who? And the whole "bailout" thing didn't seem to be a problem when republican administrations were doing it. It was Cheney that said Deficits don't matter..until of course they do.

And worse. All those tens of thousands of young Americans maimed for life from that Republican fiasco in Iraq. How much will that cost? A trillion? Two trillion? 5 trillion?
We are going to be paying for the next 50 years. Look at much health care costs now.

Thanks GOP. You got us! Really good. And DEEP.

Do the same thing, what?

I see you have been taking lessons from Mr. Obama himself.

Look at your post...

"It is nt his fault...it is everyone elses fault"

Yo...bro....thats what makes a great leader.....a great leader makes all around them great as well.

Sort of like Payton Manning.

With him? One of the best teams in the league.
Without him?
Worst in the league..

Do the same thing, what?

And worse. All those tens of thousands of young Americans maimed for life from that Republican fiasco in Iraq. How much will that cost? A trillion? Two trillion? 5 trillion?
We are going to be paying for the next 50 years. Look at much health care costs now.

Funny thing....I seem to recall Democrats voting yes for the war as well.

Oh yeah...I forgot.....they had the right to say "I am now against it" when they saw it wasnt popular.

Sorry...I forgot.

And the one major quality rquired for a President in a two party system is the one thing you seemed to have neglected.

Leadership.

What has he led that gave you the confidence that he would be able to lead us at a very turmultuous time in our history?

A tumultuous time totally mismanaged by Republicans who promise to make things worse. They want to invade and bomb pretty much everywhere.

Republican record:

Let Bin Laden go

Nearly 40,000 maimed.

A crashed economy.

Do I really need to go into Obama's record. Not only did he take out terrorist Qaddafi and Bin Laden, but he did both without the loss of a single American life.

He's been left to deal with all these other fiascos and has done an amazing job, considering that Republicans proclaimed they wanted to him fail even before he was sworn in. You gotta give him props.

I asked what itr was that he led that gave youy the confidence that he would be a great leader...

Then you mentioned what a great military and intelligence agencies we have and their success in minimizing casualties while taking out some bad people.

In fact...you excuse his lack of leadership by blaming the GOP for wanting him to fail.

I got news for you sweetheart......the oppposing party ALWAYS wants the president to fail...

But those with great leadership overcome that and get the congress working together.

Working with people who publicly say they want him to fail? How is that possible?

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

GOP willing to hold millions of Americans hostage to get tax cuts for the super rich. These are the people who you feel he can "lead" if he knew how? Yea., lead us over a cliff.

What the fuck has Obama done so far?

Don't care If you liked his policies or not.

Do you really think someone with that shallow a resumee derserved to be elected president????????????????

Yes. There is no litmus test for President except what is specified in the Constitution. So yes, he deserved it.

I'd like to perhaps explore limiting the job to only those who have served in combat myself...so they really understand what they are doing when they send troops into harm's way.

Don't care If you liked his policies or not.

Do you really think someone with that shallow a resumee derserved to be elected president????????????????

Geraldine Ferraro was correct.

"If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position," Ferraro told California's "Daily Breeze" newspaper. "And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."

Ferraro: Obama "Very Lucky To Be Who He Is" - Horserace - CBS News

But "deserve" is hard to answer. I focus more on what America deserves than on what Obama may have deserved ... and we don't deserve much as shallow as we have become. TM was ironically correct in her Flame Zone posts this morning. America has become very shallow. Obama is part of the evidence of this.

. Had he been a Republican, they'd be going on about what a "Landslide" it was..

"

Had he been a republican, you liberals would be screaming uncle Tom

Republican record:

Let Bin Laden go

Nearly 40,000 maimed.

A crashed economy.

Working with people who publicly say they want him to fail? How is that possible?

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

GOP willing to hold millions of Americans hostage to get tax cuts for the super rich. These are the people who you feel he can "lead" if he knew how? Yea., lead us over a cliff.

well we know for sure we saw and heard you people and your masters Democrat Representatives during the Bush administration say you wanted him TO WIN..but here's this for ya...:eusa_boohoo:

as for the rest. you got the DNC talking points down pat..just like a parrot

Last edited:
Do the same thing, what?

Funny thing....I seem to recall Democrats voting yes for the war as well.

Oh yeah...I forgot.....they had the right to say "I am now against it" when they saw it wasnt popular.

Sorry...I forgot.

See? It's the Democrat's fault.

You are with us or with the terrorists. The Republicans being 90% white have a much easier time selling their "patriotism" to the general public. It's way easier for Republicans to dice and slice up the Democratic Party because Democrats are a coalition. They don't march in "lockstep" like the GOP. If you were even a tiny bit honest, you would admit this fact.

Do the same thing, what?

I see you have been taking lessons from Mr. Obama himself.

Look at your post...

"It is nt his fault...it is everyone elses fault"

Yo...bro....thats what makes a great leader.....a great leader makes all around them great as well.

Sort of like Payton Manning.

With him? One of the best teams in the league.
Without him?
Worst in the league..

What's not his fault? A justice department iniative? A public/private partnership that went south?

Heck..there are plenty of those that happened. Why did Solyndra and Fast and Furious get moved to the head of the line...eh?

Answer me that, Batman.

Republican record:

Let Bin Laden go

Nearly 40,000 maimed.

A crashed economy.

lol...

So naive. Tax cuts for the super rich....lmfao...you people are hilarious with your belief of spin.

Anyway...back to the topic.....

A leader does not cry and whimper when the opposition gives them a hard time. A true leader finds a way to make things happen.

Like Clinton did.

well we know for sure we saw and heard you people during the Bush administration say you wanted him TO WIN..but here's this for ya...:eusa_boohoo:

as for the rest. you got the DNC talking points down pat..just like a parrot

A "talking point" can be the truth. Republicans have forgotten this.

Geraldine Ferraro was correct.

Ferraro: Obama "Very Lucky To Be Who He Is" - Horserace - CBS News

But "deserve" is hard to answer. I focus more on what America deserves than on what Obama may have deserved ... and we don't deserve much as shallow as we have become. TM was ironically correct in her Flame Zone posts this morning. America has become very shallow. Obama is part of the evidence of this.

. Had he been a Republican, they'd be going on about what a "Landslide" it was..

"

Had he been a republican, you liberals would be screaming uncle Tom

It wouldn't have been a Republican.

Forum List

Back