Did Obama DESERVE to become president??

66 million Americans believed that Obama deserved to be President. That was 8 million more than believed John McCain should be President

If Barack Obama didn't deserve to be President in 2008...who did?

So I guess Bush deserved his first term...and his second term?

I mean...using that logic.....correct?

According to the Electoral College....he did

66 million Americans believed that Obama deserved to be President. That was 8 million more than believed John McCain should be President

If Barack Obama didn't deserve to be President in 2008...who did?

Both parties fell down in the nominating process.

Hillary should have been the Democratic nominee.

Mitt should have been the Republican nominee.

That would still have given the Dems an advantage in the making-history and not-Bush columns, but it would have been a more worthy contest, and imho we would be in much better shape economically now if that had been the choice in 2008.

Hillary failed to convince Democrats that she would do a better job than Obama. She had the Clinton machine and still failed

Mitt will get his chance, won't he?

Was thinking of guys like Adlai Stevenson and Scoop Jackson - who made multiple efforts for the presidency and never got close.

He was undistinguished as President of the Harvard Law Review...undistinguished as a lawyer...undistinguished as a college professor...undistinguished as a State Senator...and undistinguised as a US Senator.

He has zero executive skills...has never been good at crafting legislation...and has never run a business or created a job in his life.

Barack Obama's entire life is based upon his being the first black President of the Harvard Law Review. That...and an ability to read from a teleprompter and deliver a heck of a speech...is all that he is. So you tell me...does he "deserve" the job he currently holds?

:lol:

Everything you mention as "undistinguished" is pretty distinguished. It's not like the entire population of the US makes it into harvard to begin with..very few people can even do what it takes to become a lawyer.

You know what, Sallow? You're exactly right! Not everyone CAN make it into Harvard Law School. For most it takes EXCEPTIONAL grades as an undergraduate. As usual however, Barack Obama's grades at Occidental were anything but exceptional. If it wasn't for Affirmative Action and some well heeled supporters who pulled strings for him, Barack Obama wouldn't have had a PRAYER of ever getting into Harvard Law School.

As for your claim that everything I mention as "undistiguished" is actually "pretty distinguished"? Show me some examples of why Barack Obama would be considered "exceptional" while he was President of the Law Review...a lawyer...a professor...a State Senator...or a US Senator. It's actually remarkable how seldom he's been exceptional and yet kept getting promoted to higher positions.

He was undistinguished as President of the Harvard Law Review...undistinguished as a lawyer...undistinguished as a college professor...undistinguished as a State Senator...and undistinguised as a US Senator.

He has zero executive skills...has never been good at crafting legislation...and has never run a business or created a job in his life.

Barack Obama's entire life is based upon his being the first black President of the Harvard Law Review. That...and an ability to read from a teleprompter and deliver a heck of a speech...is all that he is. So you tell me...does he "deserve" the job he currently holds?

Everything you mention as "undistinguished" is pretty distinguished. It's not like the entire population of the US makes it into harvard to begin with..very few people can even do what it takes to become a lawyer.

You know what, Sallow? You're exactly right! Not everyone CAN make it into Harvard Law School. For most it takes EXCEPTIONAL grades as an undergraduate. As usual however, Barack Obama's grades at Occidental were anything but exceptional. If it wasn't for Affirmative Action and some well heeled supporters who pulled strings for him, Barack Obama wouldn't have had a PRAYER of ever getting into Harvard Law School.

As for your claim that everything I mention as "undistiguished" is actually "pretty distinguished"? Show me some examples of why Barack Obama would be considered "exceptional" while he was President of the Law Review...a lawyer...a professor...a State Senator...or a US Senator. It's actually remarkable how seldom he's been exceptional and yet kept getting promoted to higher positions.

Well there is no evidence to support the notion Obama was exceptional at anything.

Not only that there is no evidence to suggest Obama even attended school in the US.

For such a popular guy presently he was pretty unforgettable until the age of 30 or so.

There is not one person that can come forward and say they knew Obama when he was in grade school, grammar school or even high school....

Many would remember me and I'm sure many others as well. I bump into old classmates all the time and they don't have a difficult time recalling me and I don't have a difficult time recalling them.

Obama on the other hand - his like is some sort of a secret..

Well there is no evidence to support the notion Obama was exceptional at anything.

Not only that there is no evidence to suggest Obama even attended school in the US.

For such a popular guy presently he was pretty unforgettable until the age of 30 or so.

There is not one person that can come forward and say they knew Obama when he was in grade school, grammar school or even high school....

Many would remember me and I'm sure many others as well. I bump into old classmates all the time and they don't have a difficult time recalling me and I don't have a difficult time recalling them.

Hard to believe...but EVERYTHING you posted is incorrect

You really do need to get out more

I'm 58 - a lot of people today would say about me from 40 years ago : "Yeah I remember that guy..........."

I didnt vote for him and very much dislke him and his policies -- BUT to answer the original question i would say yes.

Why? First the only real qualification to become president is that you be a natural birn citizen (ok lets not start that one please, it does seem like he is) to be over 35 and to get 270 electoral votes -- which he did.

secondly putting policies aside he ran the better campaign than McCain did -- WAY better. Again you can say the media made it easier for him etc, which i agree with in large part but thems the breaks. McCain's campaign was awful and even now when I just focus on that as opposed to policis I am hard pressed to say that McCain deserved to be elected. He ran a bad campaign. I hated to agree with Obama on anything but when he said McCain came across as eratic I had to agree that there was a basis for that based on how McCain conducted himself.

Really???

When intelligent individuals claim another is incorrect they normally respond with the correct answer...

If you're not willing to do that then you can just shut the fuck up and sit in the corner while the adults post....

I'm 58 - a lot of people today would say about me from 40 years ago : "Yeah I remember that guy..........."

I'm 31 and get friend requests on facebook all the time from former classmates. As a matter of fact I'm buddies (on facebook) with lots of them, even people who I were really never friends with in high school..

Really???

When intelligent individuals claim another is incorrect they normally respond with the correct answer...

If you're not willing to do that then you can just shut the fuck up and sit in the corner while the adults post....

Nick....honestly

You need to get out more, expand your horizons and lay off the rightwing conspiracy stuff

Find someone in the street and read what you posted. Then explain to him why you are not crazy

Really???

He likes to bait other posters...as he just did with you.

You know...like when he says ...

"Obama is a great man or he never would have won the Nobel Peace Prize"

He does that to bait.

Its kind of fun to watch.

Really???

Nick....honestly

You need to get out more, expand your horizons and lay off the rightwing conspiracy stuff

Find someone in the street and read what you posted. Then explain to him why you are not crazy

Actually...he is correct.

And it is kind of funny when you think about it.

He must have been a real loner.

I mean...who in their right mind would not grab their 15 minutes of fame and talk to the rags like the Enquirer and others about their childhood friendships with Obama?

But for some reason, no one was friends wiuth the guy.

We know he wasnt hated...becuase people remember them too.

So he was a loner......kind of strange for a guy with such charisma.

But in my high school, if you didnt play football or be a cheerleader....you werent noticed.

Last edited:
How to tie a tie: The “Double Windsor”, also called “Full Windsor” knot

double-windsorknot.gif

Really???

Nick....honestly

Prove me wrong dummy...

I could give a fuck about someone in the street - chances are they're as dumb as you are. Not to mention consensus doesn't make anything correct. I'm sure the consensus of North Koreans believe Kim Il-Sung was God....

Also, I'm left not right..... I'm a fucking classical liberal. I may have conservative personal values but I'm certainly not on the right...

Now go back to the corner and concoct something else stupid to say.

Really???

Nick....honestly

I mean...who in their right mind would not grab their 15 minutes of fame and talk to the rags like the Enquirer and others about their childhood friendships with Obama?

But in my high school, if you didnt play football or be a cheerleader....you werent noticed.

Yea....sure

yearbook_obama.JPG

Really???

He likes to bait other posters...as he just did with you.

You know...like when he says ...

"Obama is a great man or he never would have won the Nobel Peace Prize"

He does that to bait.

Its kind of fun to watch.

I don't try to bait anyone..... Even if I did that is still no reason not to have an answer...

Besides if I was that good I suppose that would make me a master baiter. :lol:

All I ask for is substance in response to my substance...

Nick....honestly

Yea....sure

yearbook_obama.JPG

I could photochop that in 5 minutes. Not to mention that photo DOES look chopped.

Where the fuck are his HS friends???

Oh yeah no one remembers him despite the fact he played on the fucking basketball team and was a jock...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back