Did Obama DESERVE to become president??

Don't care If you liked his policies or not.

Do you really think someone with that shallow a resumee derserved to be elected president????????????????

Geraldine Ferraro was correct.

"If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position," Ferraro told California's "Daily Breeze" newspaper. "And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."

Ferraro: Obama "Very Lucky To Be Who He Is" - Horserace - CBS News

But "deserve" is hard to answer. I focus more on what America deserves than on what Obama may have deserved ... and we don't deserve much as shallow as we have become. TM was ironically correct in her Flame Zone posts this morning. America has become very shallow. Obama is part of the evidence of this.

Obama won the election..and by a good number. Had he been a Republican, they'd be going on about what a "Landslide" it was..

"Deserve" hasn't anything to do with anything. We don't elect presidents on the basis of whether they "deserve" it or not.

All political candidates should have to fill out an employment application and submit a resume which would be required by law to be accurate or they are out.

Heck a kid wanting to sling burgers for minimum wage has to do that.

Do you really think someone with that shallow a resumee derserved to be elected president????????????????

"If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position," Ferraro told California's "Daily Breeze" newspaper. "And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."

But "deserve" is hard to answer. I focus more on what America deserves than on what Obama may have deserved ... and we don't deserve much as shallow as we have become. TM was ironically correct in her Flame Zone posts this morning. America has become very shallow. Obama is part of the evidence of this.

Obama won the election..and by a good number. Had he been a Republican, they'd be going on about what a "Landslide" it was..

"Deserve" hasn't anything to do with anything. We don't elect presidents on the basis of whether they "deserve" it or not.

and how has that been working out for us?

And by the way....maybe you and many others dont.
I do.

He was undistinguished as President of the Harvard Law Review...undistinguished as a lawyer...undistinguished as a college professor...undistinguished as a State Senator...and undistinguised as a US Senator.

He has zero executive skills...has never been good at crafting legislation...and has never run a business or created a job in his life.

Barack Obama's entire life is based upon his being the first black President of the Harvard Law Review. That...and an ability to read from a teleprompter and deliver a heck of a speech...is all that he is. So you tell me...does he "deserve" the job he currently holds?

:lol:

Everything you mention as "undistinguished" is pretty distinguished. It's not like the entire population of the US makes it into harvard to begin with..very few people can even do what it takes to become a lawyer.

He was undistinguished as President of the Harvard Law Review...undistinguished as a lawyer...undistinguished as a college professor...undistinguished as a State Senator...and undistinguised as a US Senator.

He has zero executive skills...has never been good at crafting legislation...and has never run a business or created a job in his life.

Barack Obama's entire life is based upon his being the first black President of the Harvard Law Review. That...and an ability to read from a teleprompter and deliver a heck of a speech...is all that he is. So you tell me...does he "deserve" the job he currently holds?
So.....what you're saying, is......he never held a race-appropriate position.....like flippin' burgers, huh, Goober??

He never failed to whup some "conservative"-ass when the opportunity arose.....

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it interesting no one asks that about George W. Bush.

Maybe it's because Obama is "uppity" and "doesn't know his place".

Right?

Bush had a record of governing for people to evaluate.
Obama had never governed...never was "the boss" of anything.

Did he deserve becoming elected?

Well, the way I see it...those who voted for him deserve what they got.

The rest of us are stuck with it.

The folks were sick of Bush and the Reps.

The voted Barry in. They bought his Hope and Change bs. They also didn't know what a lefty he is.

They know now so lets see if he gets re-elected in 2012.

And you may notice that I didn't say whether Obama deserved it or not.

I look at myself and my fellow citizens. We have become very shallow. We vote based on celebrity and touchy feely things, not based on a familiarity with issues. Obama benefited from this.

But I judge myself and my fellow Americans for this. Not Obama.

and how has that been working out for us?

And by the way....maybe you and many others dont.
I do.

It's working out fine.

I have a different concept of success then conservatives. When you actually achieve a goal..it's a success. If you fail at your job it's a failure.

Let me give you some examples.

9/11 - Failure to protect the country.
Killing Osama Bin Laden - Successfully dispatching the author of 9/11.

Stuff like that.

I have to say that people deserve to keep more of the money they earn way more than Obama deserves to be president and recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize. I know he got elected because he promised things and didn't deliver. He lied, like many do. Also, many didn't have a clue what his policies were about and voted strictly on color. We saw how stupid some supporters were when they believed Sarah Palin was his running mate and they were duped into believing McCain's policies were actually Obama's. I am referring to the Jaywalking segment with Leno.

I have no idea why he was given the Nobel Peace prize. I thought it was given in advance of great expectations, and we're still waiting. The prize means nothing anymore.

The presdiency, on the other hand, should mean something. Our constitution should mean everything. I hope we can get back to that.

Those who realized that Obama was a radical because of what he did in the past are justified now, though it's too late. Look at the radicals he has surrounded himself with and the way he supports OWS. There is no mistaking what he is about with his recent admission that he doesn't like capitalism. He is not fit to be president and the biggest reason is that he lied when he took the oath of office. He is not upholding and defending the constitution of the United States of America. He isn't doing the job he was elected to do and needs to go.

Last edited:

I look at myself and my fellow citizens. We have become very shallow. We vote based on celebrity and touchy feely things, not based on a familiarity with issues. Obama benefited from this.

You mean like electing Ronald Reagan? An Actor? That shallowness?

By refering to a, "shallow resume", aren't you answering your own question??

:lol:

Everything you mention as "undistinguished" is pretty distinguished. It's not like the entire population of the US makes it into harvard to begin with..very few people can even do what it takes to become a lawyer.

Undistinguished means "did nothing that stood out" in this situation.
As President of the Law Review he was the first NOT to be published.
As an attorney for nearly 4 years, he was never offered partnership and to the contrary was doing bpoiler pate review when he finally resigned.....paralegals do bpiler plate contract review.
As a state senator, did he author any legislation? Maybe...but none that I know of.
Same as a US senator.

So in other words, he was undistinguished at all he had done to date.

When was the last time we had a President who was any more "qualified" than that?

Reagan did not have a background of governing?

Are you sure?

No one "deserves" to be President.

as for Obama, it's just a shame he became ours. not President material.

When was the last time we had a President who was any more "qualified" than that?

Bush Jr.
Clinton
Bush Sr.
Reagan

Those were the four previous that were.

Shall I continue?

Reagan, the governor of California?

C'mon.

I find it interesting no one asks that about George W. Bush.

Maybe it's because Obama is "uppity" and "doesn't know his place".

Right?

Bush had a record of governing for people to evaluate.
Obama had never governed...never was "the boss" of anything.

Did he deserve becoming elected?

Well, the way I see it...those who voted for him deserve what they got.

The rest of us are stuck with it.

Pretty much like Bush. Yep we got what we deserved that time as well.

Forum List

Back