Did Obama DESERVE to become president??

And you may notice that I didn't say whether Obama deserved it or not.

I look at myself and my fellow citizens. We have become very shallow. We vote based on celebrity and touchy feely things, not based on a familiarity with issues. Obama benefited from this.

But I judge myself and my fellow Americans for this. Not Obama.

You mean like electing Ronald Reagan? An Actor? That shallowness?

Reagan, the governor of California?

C'mon.

And re-electing an altzheimered president?

I look at myself and my fellow citizens. We have become very shallow. We vote based on celebrity and touchy feely things, not based on a familiarity with issues. Obama benefited from this.

Reagan, the governor of California?

C'mon.

Clinton the governor of Arkansas?

obama achieved nothing. In his entire life he achieved nothing. He was never elected to office, he never ran a business. And, no, he was not elected senator. His opponent was forced out and obama ran unopposed.

Obama won the election..and by a good number. Had he been a Republican, they'd be going on about what a "Landslide" it was..

"Deserve" hasn't anything to do with anything. We don't elect presidents on the basis of whether they "deserve" it or not.

and how has that been working out for us?

And by the way....maybe you and many others dont.
I do.

It's working out fine.

I have a different concept of success then conservatives. When you actually achieve a goal..it's a success. If you fail at your job it's a failure.

Let me give you some examples.

9/11 - Failure to protect the country.
Killing Osama Bin Laden - Successfully dispatching the author of 9/11.

Stuff like that.

VERY shallow Sallow.

So our intelligence agencies were a failure..and then became a success....

But we are talking about the President.

Reagan did not have a background of governing?

Are you sure?

Reagan was head of the actor's Union and governor of California. He wasn't great at either job. And he went on to become one of the worst presidents in the history of the United States.

I find it interesting no one asks that about George W. Bush.

Maybe it's because Obama is "uppity" and "doesn't know his place".

Right?

Bush had a record of governing for people to evaluate.
Obama had never governed...never was "the boss" of anything.

Did he deserve becoming elected?

Well, the way I see it...those who voted for him deserve what they got.

The rest of us are stuck with it.

Pretty much like Bush. Yep we got what we deserved that time as well.
He won a second term.
That speaks volumes to me.

Are you sure?

Reagan was head of the actor's Union and governor of California. He wasn't great at either job. And he went on to become one of the worst presidents in the history of the United States.

That being said, I have no reason to debate this with you further.
One of us is working on a false premise.....
And I tend to believe it is not me.

Everything you mention as "undistinguished" is pretty distinguished. It's not like the entire population of the US makes it into harvard to begin with..very few people can even do what it takes to become a lawyer.
:D

Frank Grimes: You? Went into outer space? You?
Homer Simpson: Sure. You've never been? Would you like to see my Grammy award? [holds up award]

tumblr_lnqoudrx7X1qex36wo1_500.jpg

I do.

It's working out fine.

I have a different concept of success then conservatives. When you actually achieve a goal..it's a success. If you fail at your job it's a failure.

Stuff like that.

VERY shallow Sallow.

Bush changed the policy of the intelligence community from chasing terrorists (Swatting mosquitoes as he called it) to antagonizing Russia and China.

How'd that work out?

Don't care If you liked his policies or not.

Do you really think someone with that shallow a resumee derserved to be elected president????????????????

Taught constitutional law for 10 years at the University Level.

Traveled all over the world as a child

State Senator for Illinois sponsored 820 bills that became law

US Senator sponsored 427 bills and authored 152 (remember, Hillary authored 20 in six years, many Republicans, none)

Compare that to, say, McCain who graduated 5th from the bottom out of 899 or sex fiend Herman Cain who never served in public office.

And they say Obama's resume is thin? Hilarious. How much can one man do in a lifetime? But he IS black. To the white wing, that makes all the difference. Nothing he does will ever be enough. They thought they struck gold with Herman. A black man who thought civil rights marchers were "trouble makers".

Last edited by a moderator:
Bush had a record of governing for people to evaluate.
Obama had never governed...never was "the boss" of anything.

Did he deserve becoming elected?

Well, the way I see it...those who voted for him deserve what they got.

The rest of us are stuck with it.

Pretty much like Bush. Yep we got what we deserved that time as well.
He won a second term.
That speaks volumes to me.

It speaks volumes to me as well. However I think my conclusions are diametrically opposed to yours.

Do you really think someone with that shallow a resumee derserved to be elected president????????????????

US Senator sponsored 427 bills and authored 152 (remember, Hillary authored 20 in six years, many Republicans, none)

Compare that to, say, McCain who graduated 5th from the bottom out of 899 or sex fiend Herman Cain who never served in public office.

And they say Obama's resume is thin? Hilarious. How much can one man do in a lifetime? But he IS black. To the white wing, that makes all the difference. Nothing he does will ever be enough.

And the one major quality rquired for a President in a two party system is the one thing you seemed to have neglected.

Leadership.

What has he led that gave you the confidence that he would be able to lead us at a very turmultuous time in our history?

Are you sure?

Silverado ring a bell? Ivan Boesky? Michael Milken? Star Wars? Iran-Contra? Doubling the Debt? Financial Market bailouts? Junk Bonds? Corporate Raiders?

Some people think that can all be cleared up by standing in front of the flag and giving a good speech.

I am not in that school of thought.

Dumb question but that is how the GObP/pubs/bags seem to think. That's why McCain was on the ballot even though he is not qualified.

Obama has accomplished more the United States and her citizens than any other prez in modern times. Since some of you refuse to read the link in my sig, youll never know that though.

I do.

It's working out fine.

Stuff like that.

VERY shallow Sallow.

bingo

Silverado ring a bell? Ivan Boesky? Michael Milken? Star Wars? Iran-Contra? Doubling the Debt? Financial Market bailouts? Junk Bonds? Corporate Raiders?

Some people think that can all be cleared up by standing in front of the flag and giving a good speech.

I am not in that school of thought.
I can do the same thing...

Fast and Furious, Solyndra, failed stimulus, AIG bonuses, increasing the debt faster than anyone in our history,....all that in 3 years.....

But my guess is you will be casting your vote for him anyway next november.

And they say Obama's resume is thin? Hilarious. How much can one man do in a lifetime? But he IS black. To the white wing, that makes all the difference. Nothing he does will ever be enough. They thought they struck gold with Herman. A black man who thought civil rights marchers were "trouble makers".

all the other stuff.......IS FLUFF.

Last edited:

And they say Obama's resume is thin? Hilarious. How much can one man do in a lifetime? But he IS black. To the white wing, that makes all the difference. Nothing he does will ever be enough.

And the one major quality rquired for a President in a two party system is the one thing you seemed to have neglected.

Leadership.

What has he led that gave you the confidence that he would be able to lead us at a very turmultuous time in our history?

A tumultuous time totally mismanaged by Republicans who promise to make things worse. They want to invade and bomb pretty much everywhere.

Republican record:

Let Bin Laden go

Over 3,000 Americans dead

Nearly 40,000 maimed.

Iraq is now friends with Iran.

Iran is close to being the strongest country in the Middle East

N. Korea has nuclear weapons mounted on missiles.

Millions of jobs moved to China.

A crashed economy.

Tax cuts for billionaires.

Do I really need to go into Obama's record. Not only did he take out terrorist Qaddafi and Bin Laden, but he did both without the loss of a single American life.

He's been left to deal with all these other fiascos and has done an amazing job, considering that Republicans proclaimed they wanted to him fail even before he was sworn in. You gotta give him props.

Obama slid in to the Presidency because people were sick of Bush and the Reps. He finagled his way in with his Hope and Change bs which people bought hook line and sinker. Shit. There actually were people who thought he was gonna pay their rent. Buy em a car and pay their bills. Jeesus. What stupid gullible people.

Don't think its gonna fly this time though.

If Hillary had gotten the nod I have no doubt she would be POTUS right now. Anyone but a Rep. in 2008.

I think thats how its gonna play out in 2012. ABO.

Yeah, too bad you can't add governor of a state to that...all the other stuff.......IS FLUFF.

Yea, fluff. He's black. That makes it "fluff".

Yeah, too bad you can't add governor of a state to that...all the other stuff.......IS FLUFF.

Yea, fluff. He's black. That makes it "fluff".

Oh that's right, I'm glad you mentioned that...

Forum List

Back