Did man create God

If man did not create GOD, how did Zeus(Jupiter) come into existance?

Did Gaia(Earth) perform sex with some alien and bore Zeus, or was Zeus the product of a pondering yet ignorant mind?

From this point of view, how did any god come to the attention of man? From threats and cruelty, or a desire to give meaning to the few things we humans actually know?

I think man created God(s)--How else can we explain the plethora of such magnificent entities we never seen?

Did Gaia(Earth) perform sex with some alien and bore Zeus, or was Zeus the product of a pondering yet ignorant mind?

From this point of view, how did any god come to the attention of man? From threats and cruelty, or a desire to give meaning to the few things we humans actually know?

I think man created God(s)--How else can we explain the plethora of such magnificent entities we never seen?

Your observations are most reasonable and would be reasonable to accept as most probably correct EXCEPT for the hundreds of millions, even billions, of people who report a personal experience with a living God.

In my opinion, only those who are really eager to deny existence of a REAL God would blow off all those hundreds of millions of witnesses.

If it was almost anything else--reports by hundreds of millions of people of UFO sightings or Bigfoot sightings or almost any other phenomenon--the unconvinced would be looking for evidence, hoping for evidence, expecting evidence to be produced. They would be hoping to have the same experience themselves so they could fully believe.

Only when it comes to God do we have folks making it a religion themselves in their eagerness to dispute the concept.

I find that fascinating.

Your observations are most reasonable and would be reasonable to accept as most probably correct EXCEPT for the hundreds of millions, even billions, of people who report a personal experience with a living God.

In my opinion, only those who are really eager to deny existence of a REAL God would blow off all those hundreds of millions of witnesses.

If it was almost anything else--reports by hundreds of millions of people of UFO sightings or Bigfoot sightings or almost any other phenomenon--the unconvinced would be looking for evidence, hoping for evidence, expecting evidence to be produced. They would be hoping to have the same experience themselves so they could fully believe.

Only when it comes to God do we have folks making it a religion themselves in their eagerness to dispute the concept.

I find that fascinating.

HUH?

We have far more physical evidence of Bigfoot, ghosts, UFO's etc than we do about the existence of God.

And I do not believe in ghosts either.
Bigfoot, well maybe.... I am agnostic on bigfoot and UFO's.

I find that fascinating.

HUH?

We have far more physical evidence of Bigfoot, ghosts, UFO's etc than we do about the existence of God.

Personal encounters that changed their lives reported by hundreds of millions of people is not evidence? 'Physical evidence' of Bigfoot, ghosts, UFO's, crop circles etc. can be faked just as religious miracles can be faked. So why believe one and not the other? Or why relegate one to the Agnostic department and not the other?

If millions of people were reporting a particular physical symptom that wasn't showing up on Xrays or via other tests, medical doctors/science would accept that as most likely a genuine phenomenon and would be looking for measurable evidence. They wouldn't blow off all those folks as 'making it up'.

But when it comes to God. . . .

I just find that fascinating. That's all.

I find that fascinating.

HUH?

Personal encounters that changed their lives reported by hundreds of millions of people is not evidence? 'Physical evidence' of Bigfoot, ghosts, UFO's, crop circles etc. can be faked just as religious miracles can be faked. So why believe one and not the other? Or why relegate one to the Agnostic department and not the other?

If millions of people were reporting a particular physical symptom that wasn't showing up on Xrays or via other tests, medical doctors/science would accept that as most likely a genuine phenomenon and would be looking for measurable evidence. They wouldn't blow off all those folks as 'making it up'.

I spent the first 16 years of my life in forced religious indoctrination.
I saw it all from the inside. Never experienced nothing.
No voice ever spoke to me, no visions, no miracles, no answer of prayers, and coupled with much hypocracisy by church members I say no thanks.

HUH?

No voice ever spoke to me, no visions, no miracles, no answer of prayers, and coupled with much hypocracisy by church members I say no thanks.

And yet you accept all sorts of things that you've never witnessed for yourself. You would believe that there was actually a medical condition experienced by many others even though you've never experienced it. You don't question feelings or thoughts or impressions of other people even though your experience was much different. So why so distrustful of what people describe as an experience with God?

When we went to Alaska, two things I especially wanted to see was a live moose in the wild and the northern lights. Didn't see either. Didn't stop me from believing that other people have seen both of those things.

I still think most people who reject a concept of God are those who are very much afraid that it is real and they missed it.

And yet you accept all sorts of things that you've never witnessed for yourself. You would believe that there was actually a medical condition experienced by many others even though you've never experienced it. You don't question feelings or thoughts or impressions of other people even though your experience was much different. So why so distrustful of what people describe as an experience with God?

When we went to Alaska, two things I especially wanted to see was a live moose in the wild and the northern lights. Didn't see either. Didn't stop me from believing that other people have seen both of those things.

I still think most people who reject a concept of God are those who are very much afraid that it is real and they missed it.

I just recently went under Anethesia (sp?) with a non resusicate order on my chart cover.
I have no fear of death.
I do envy those who fully believe and gain comfort from their belief, regardless of the reality.
I despise those who use religion for their own purposes.

I just recently went under Anethesia (sp?) with a non resusicate order on my chart cover.
I have no fear of death.
I do envy those who fully believe and gain comfort from their belief, regardless of the reality.
I despise those who use religion for their own purposes.

Well we're most pleased that you're still with us. I am a devout believer but I am in no hurry to die and that would have been a bit scary for me.

I don't have much use for those who USE religion to manipulate others for their own avantage or benefit either whether it be religion related to a deity or politics or ideology or environmentalism or whatever.

And I do believe God will embrace those who will accept him on His terms and in His way and in His time. I think those who put preconceived notions or conditions on that often miss it.

Proving it is really quite simple. The Bible was written thousands of years ago, that is a fact that can't be disputed and there are passages in the Bible that coincide with scientific principles that weren't widely accepted until hundreds of years after the Bible had been written. Here are some examples:

1. The Bible said the earth is round and is suspended in space:

In various verses, the Bible says the earth is round and that it is suspended in space:

"He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth..." (Isaiah 40:22, NIV). (By the way, the Hebrew language at that time did not have a word for "sphere," only for "circle.")

"He spreads out the northern [skies] over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing" (Job 26:7, NIV).

2. The Bible described the Hydrologic Cycle:

In various passages, the Bible describes a hydrologic cycle, the process by which clouds are formed, rain is produced and ground water is replenished. Science made the same discovery in the 1600s, long after the Bible passages were written. Here are the related Bible verses:

"He wraps up the waters in his clouds, yet the clouds do not burst under their weight" (Job 26:8, NIV).

"He draws up the drops of water, which distill as rain to the streams; the clouds pour down their moisture and abundant showers fall on mankind" (Job 36:27-28, NIV).

"The wind blows to the south and turns to the north; round and round it goes, ever returning on its course. All streams flow into the sea, yet the sea is never full. To the place the streams come from, there they return again" (Ecclesiastes 1:6-7, NIV).

3. The Bible stated that the stars cannot be counted:

For centuries, scientists and astronomers thought they could count the precise number of stars in the universe. Brahe, for example, said there were 777. Kepler claimed the total was 1,005. Hipparchus said there were 1,022 stars. Ptolemy raised the number to 1,056. Eventually, scientists, including the great Galileo, concluded that the stars could not be numbered, just as the Bible had always claimed:

"I will make the descendants of David my servant and the Levites who minister before me as countless as the stars of the sky and as measureless as the sand on the seashore" (Jeremiah 33:22, NIV).

He took him outside and said, "Look up at the heavens and count the stars--if indeed you can count them." Then he said to him, "So shall your offspring be." (Genesis 15:5, NIV).

4. The Bible stated the existence of valleys and springs in the seas:

Only until the past few hundred years did people have the technology to discover that there are deep valleys and fresh water springs in the oceans. But the Bible always knew:

"The valleys of the sea were exposed and the foundations of the earth laid bare at the rebuke of the Lord. . . " (2 Samuel 22:16, NIV).

"In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month--on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. " (Genesis 7:11, NIV).

5. The Bible stated that kind words and laughter are good for one's health:

In recent years, American newspapers have published various reports that laughter releases chemicals within a person's body that can contribute to one's health. And, that depression and stress can weaken the immune system and contribute to various health problems. But, the Bible knew of the health virtues of laughter roughly 3,000 years ago when the Bible's book of Proverbs was recorded:

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." (Proverbs 16:24, NIV).

"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." (Proverbs 17:22, NIV).

6. The Bible stated that stars differ from one another centuries before scientists reached the same conclusion:

Today we know that the stars in the skies are very different from one another, that they are made up of differing concentrations of different elements, and that they vary in their sizes, their ages and in their proximity to the earth. But the ancient people had no way to prove this. Even so, Paul, who received many insights from Yeshua, wrote a passage about 2000 years ago in the Bible's book of 1 Corinthians that said that the stars in the heavens did indeed differ from one another:

"The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor." (1 Corinthians 15:41).

Science vs the Bible

There are many statements in the Bible that speaks about scientific things that man couldn't have possibly known about things like, paleontology, astronomy, meteorology, biology (like the value of blood), anthropology, hydrology, geology and physics .

WAIT. YOU'RE SAYING RAIN COMES FROM CLOUDS?!

Yeah there's no way those ancient civilizations could have figured it out if science is just learning that now. Amazing.

Thanks for admitting that older life forms were much smarter than you.:lol:

It's always amusing to watch simple minds unable to grasp sarcasm.

case in point:

In various passages, the Bible describes a hydrologic cycle, the process by which clouds are formed, rain is produced and ground water is replenished. Science made the same discovery in the 1600s, long after the Bible passages were written. Here are the related Bible verses:

"He wraps up the waters in his clouds, yet the clouds do not burst under their weight" (Job 26:8, NIV).

"He draws up the drops of water, which distill as rain to the streams; the clouds pour down their moisture and abundant showers fall on mankind" (Job 36:27-28, NIV).

"The wind blows to the south and turns to the north; round and round it goes, ever returning on its course. All streams flow into the sea, yet the sea is never full. To the place the streams come from, there they return again" (Ecclesiastes 1:6-7, NIV).

Yeah there's no way those ancient civilizations could have figured it out if science is just learning that now. Amazing.

It's always amusing to watch simple minds unable to grasp sarcasm.

case in point:

Oh the irony.

1.gif

Forum List

Back