Did man create God

It is enough to cause reluctance towards clearer forward thinking. The concept of a "god" is a catch all and a cop out to an understanding of the true meaning of "forever forward in time and always has been in the infinite past". We are beginning to realise that our universe has had no beginning and will have no end. That idea that "there must have been a beginning" is strictly human.

Umm, yeah, I'd say that is pretty human, and since humans are what we are dealing with in the here and now, I don't have a problem with humans asking questions and looking backward and forward. Since we, as humans, have self-consciousness and the knowledge that we will indeed die at some point, it's pretty natural to ask questions about the things we don't understand. Our egos make acceptance of the inevitable difficult to achieve, and our emotional makeup and attachment to the things we love makes us search for some kind of hope that we will continue to exist in some form. It's the double-edge sword of creativity and cognition.

It is easy to prove wrong because one of the few constants that has never been proven wrong is that matter and or energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Our tiny brains have known that long enough that it should be trusted. Still most of us want to look backwards instead of ahead. It seems we cannot easily believe what is right in front of us.

Yep- that pesky creativitity concept again. Men can control the actions of others, but human thoughts and beliefs cannot be controlled.

In each case, the answer is different, but does have a common denominator: They are each a product of human imagination.

Exactly, and this is something that we cannot separate ourselves from no matter how hard some of us wish to. Without imagination, this would be an extremely mundane existence imo.

In each case, the answer is different, but does have a common denominator: They are each a product of human imagination.

Exactly, and this is something that we cannot separate ourselves from no matter how hard some of us wish to. Without imagination, this would be an extremely mundane existence imo.

That's why I like to imagine more than one god.

And multi armed heavenly bodies?

Multi-tasking%20Goddess.bmp

That's why I like to imagine more than one god.

Something like that........:eusa_whistle:

OCTOGOD

OkAY.
And that image is making me run for the astringent eye wash followed by a dive under the bed. Ewww, and shit. Not attractive, even a little bit, and the lingerie does nothing for him. Couldn't they get an attractive man, sans bra? He looks like Fester the molester and voted least likely to get laid in senior year.

OCTOGOD

OkAY.
And that image is making me run for the astringent eye wash followed by a dive under the bed. Ewww, and shit. Not attractive, even a little bit, and the lingerie does nothing for him. Couldn't they get an attractive man, sans bra? He looks like Fester the molester and voted least likely to get laid in senior year.

Oh, so now god's gotta be cute for you to believe in them?

sexy_spider_woman.jpg

OCTOGOD

OkAY.

sexy_spider_woman.jpg

Yes!
And I do appreciate the goddess angle, but honestly I prefer men.
:eusa_pray:

OkAY.

sexy_spider_woman.jpg

Yes!

I posted a man:(

I'm not searching for pics of Multi-Appendaged Men.....:eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

sexy_spider_woman.jpg

Yes!

I'm not searching for pics of Multi-Appendaged Men.....:eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

If you really CARED you would.
Still, it does make sense that there wouldn't BE any.
If it stands to reason, and it does, that humans created their ideas of divinity from their own limited comprehension, there then would not BE any male gods with many arms. They wouldn't need them, would they? The goddesses would.
Your honor,
I rest my case.
:lol:

Yes!

If it stands to reason, and it does, that humans created their ideas of divinity from their own limited comprehension, there then would not BE any male gods with many arms. They wouldn't need them, would they? The goddesses would.
Your honor,
I rest my case.

I'm really not worried about the pics of male gods with many ARMS.

YouTube - ‪Jesus - TA DAH!!!!!‬‎

Who could come up with such shit besides humans?
What surprises me is that it started so long ago.
The concept itself seems murkin.

Well, Western in any case. Gawd knows most Murkins think Christmas took place in Connecticut, and would extradite a middle eastern male in sandals via rendition to the place of his birth the second he couldn't provide papers or coin, but the whole virgin birth and splintering off / addition to the old testament came LONG before the US.

Your honor,
I rest my case.

I'm really not worried about the pics of male gods with many ARMS.

Of course you aren't. There ARE none. :lol:
Oh, snap, you italicized arms.
Okay. Its all good.
Would you rather have them have more penises because there are so many places on a woman to stimulate, or do you like guys?
Mind you, its all good, but the second doesn't fit with your overall body of work.
Or...is it only women you wish to have many ways to stimulate men?
That's simply selfish, although not wholly unexpected.

A simple proof that God is not a women:

If God were a woman, men's penises would be where their noses are.

Right?

Did man create God?

"And man has actually invented God. And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man. So holy it is, so touching, so wise and so great a credit it does to man. As for me, I've long resolved not to think whether man created God or God man." -Dostoevsky

Did man create God?

Of course.
:cool:
dD

So who parted the waters of the Red Sea for Moses and the Jews when they were fleeing the Egyptians?

I know this is Bible based but is not the Bible history like all history books? Or do you just pick and choose what history you believe in? Or do you just believe in recent history, or revisionist history? How far back in history do you believe? Was there a Cesar? Nero? Jesus? Jesus lived under Roman Rule. Just how far do you go?

Gen.2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Did man create God? No.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

And that was written by man.

Mankind has created many gods over the years.

why do you think that is? i mean, tens of thousands of years ago, why did man need to create the idea of god/gods?

To explain the things they could not explain in the world.

Man has a brain that needs to fill in the information gaps.

It is why man has been so very successful in filling the planet.

The quest to know the answers left unanswered makes man, man.

We have nearly out grown our need for the invention of god, it will be a good day when we actually do out grow it.

]

We have nearly out grown our need for the invention of god, it will be a good day when we actually do out grow it.

I would say the quest for God and the human need for meaning in life is still very alive and well in political ideologies today. Political ideology has merely replaced organized religion in an attempt to make life fit the mold of one's ideas of perfection.

]

I would say the quest for God and the human need for meaning in life is still very alive and well in political ideologies today. Political ideology has merely replaced organized religion in an attempt to make life fit the mold of one's ideas of perfection.

Not only political ideology but any issue that consumes somebody and becomes the focus of their lives: environmental religionism is a biggie these days; those that make a religion of dietary preferences; some fantatical types in groups like Green Peace and PETA that would literally dismantle all human influence in the world in order to pacify the 'god' they have selected to rule their lives.

I suspect those who seem to be so eager, even desperate, for God to not exist do so because deep down, they are terrified they might be wrong about the existence of God. (One of those 'methinks they protest too much' kinds of things. :))

Forum List

Back