Did man create God

Yes, man did create Gods....

The only people who believe in Gods are those that:

1) Were brought up in a church, synogogue, mosque etc
2) Have had something really bad happen to them in their life and needed to believe in something (child dying young, being an alcoholic or somesuch)

I have never known one single atheist or non-believer suddenly start believing because they decided to. There has always been a catalyst - usually brought about by misery.

Gen.1
[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
[2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
[3] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
[4] And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
[5] And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
[6] And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
[7] And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
[8] And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

The beginning as written by an ancient people many centuries ago. To them life was a miracle, nature was a wondrous thing and a source for food and clothing. The how and why of things were a mystery. You say that mankind created a mythical being or beings to explain these mysteries. I say that God made his presence known to mankind. There are examples of this in the Bible. And in this I have faith.

The human mind is complex. We have no conception of infinity or what is beyond space. To us there has to be a beginning and an end. Even though God created us in his own image, we are but an image of him. Our minds and spirits are earthbound, we have limitations and though we are expanding those limitations everyday they are still there. Yes, evolution has been proved to be happening and it is the process in which living things have evolved over the years. This is Gods process.

The men who wrote the Bible related their conception of what they were being inspired to write based on life in their world. When they talk of day and night they are talking about a 24 hour day, a world day. Yet to God a day has no meaning for he is forever. If they saw in their visions a Blackhawk helicopter flying they would not see a helicopter but a locust. So we must take these factors into account when we read the Bible.

Yes, there are other religions that worship other Gods or many Gods. You must remember, until Jesus came, the only people who were Gods people were the Jews. Once Jesus came (multiple sources reported his miracles) and took the worlds sins upon himself on the cross at Calvary, Heaven was opened up for the world. Why these other religions existed? In the beginning of mankind there was one God but through the evil of Satan other imaginary Gods were created. And remember people were a lot simpler back then and were more in touch with the elements of Earth. How many of you today spend time out in the forest or desert and just listen and watch what is happening around you? That was their life.

And sure there are other planets out there, other suns, and other universes. Could there be life there too? Yes! We may not be the only people who God created. God is the creator and only he knows everything. Everything around is according to his plan. We cannot comprehend this because we are only human. We have to take that on faith. We base decisions on faith every day. You have faith that the money you put on that debit card will be there. You have faith that the bridge you drive over will not collapse. You have faith that a tornado, hurricane or earthquake will not take your life. You have faith that when you go to bed at night you will wake up in the morning. And on and on and on. I have unshakeable faith in the Lord and the Bible and that when I die I will go into Heaven.

So I must say mankind did not create God.

But I'm speaking of something more absolute than just probability assumed via experience.

If I have a close encounter of the third kind in my back yard tonight, and shake hands and converse with a genuine extraterrestrial personage, and then he saucers off ito a distance galaxy leaving no trace behind, I would know with certainty that it happened. But YOU would have to take on faith what I told you about it, and might be unable to believe it.

Yes we are agreeing, but you don't need to use the hypothetical to make the point: Faith exists in REALITY and is absolute and is quite common and can have nothing to do with experience. Since few humans have a routine that they can completely predict, most humans have faith that the unpredictable will take care of itself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9TJC9r_7RA]YouTube - ‪Jesus - TA DAH!!!!!‬‎[/ame]

Who could come up with such shit besides humans?

Gen.2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Did man create God? No.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

And that was written by man.

Mankind has created many gods over the years.

why do you think that is? i mean, tens of thousands of years ago, why did man need to create the idea of god/gods?

An ordered and controllable society.

Religion can be the ultimate scam.

Do what I say now and you will be rewarded after you die.

That attitude also cheapens the only existence we are proven to have.
Lets make the here and now the best we can instead of killing each other and such.

i'm not talking about religion. the concept of "god" came about long before any religion was formed. what i'm trying to get at was why early man concocted the idea of god. can anyone give me info on when the concept came about?

and i fail to see how belief in a higher power cheapens the existence we have. it's a fairly uneducated view of religion that says a belief in god leads to killing.

i think if the 20th century has taught us anything it's that the opposite is true.
what were the strong religious views of stalin, mao and hitler?

That's prehistory. The Myths, when gods AND goddesses were used to explain everything. Still, they too were made based on and limited to human understanding, and gifted with human foibles.

TRUE believers have been led to a whole lot of killing, both true believers in religion, and yes, those selfish fuckers who came out as the solution to and opposite of faith.

There is a common thread that connects them. The power, the riches, the belief (faith!) that if everyone just listened to THEM, it would be a superior world, and that this superior world benefit them the most.

The priests back when controlled empires, kings.... Pretty heady stuff.

Religion can be the ultimate scam.

Do what I say now and you will be rewarded after you die.

That attitude also cheapens the only existence we are proven to have.
Lets make the here and now the best we can instead of killing each other and such.

i'm not talking about religion. the concept of "god" came about long before any religion was formed. what i'm trying to get at was why early man concocted the idea of god. can anyone give me info on when the concept came about?

and i fail to see how belief in a higher power cheapens the existence we have. it's a fairly uneducated view of religion that says a belief in god leads to killing.

i think if the 20th century has taught us anything it's that the opposite is true.

That's prehistory. The Myths, when gods AND goddesses were used to explain everything. Still, they too were made based on and limited to human understanding, and gifted with human foibles.

TRUE believers have been led to a whole lot of killing, both true believers in religion, and yes, those selfish fuckers who came out as the solution to and opposite of faith.

There is a common thread that connects them. The power, the riches, the belief (faith!) that if everyone just listened to THEM, it would be a superior world, and that this superior world benefit them the most.

The Churches are still involved in politics.

I don't know if man created God, but if he did, it was a pretty cool invention.;)

an irrational, illogical, angry deranged god who wants to condemn most of humanity to hell forever for petty crimes....

is a "cool invention"?

hardly.....

Is there any proof of life after death?

And don't give me the bright light/tunnel thing because that has happened to me and is apparently just the optic nerve or somesuch shutting down.

Maybe not, but as much as I don't appreciate organized religion, I'm not betting the ranch that I know everything either. I do think there is something, and maybe that the divine something is within us all, rather that external. I'm okay not knowing though, and rather not speculate. Sometimes the mystery, and the magic, is more useful, more whimsical, and more real.

The Churches are still involved in politics.

They are, and in many cases more heavily, but back in the day...those men in skirts called all the shots directly.

But I'm speaking of something more absolute than just probability assumed via experience.

If I have a close encounter of the third kind in my back yard tonight, and shake hands and converse with a genuine extraterrestrial personage, and then he saucers off ito a distance galaxy leaving no trace behind, I would know with certainty that it happened. But YOU would have to take on faith what I told you about it, and might be unable to believe it.

Yes we are agreeing, but you don't need to use the hypothetical to make the point: Faith exists in REALITY and is absolute and is quite common and can have nothing to do with experience. Since few humans have a routine that they can completely predict, most humans have faith that the unpredictable will take care of itself.

I don't disagree that faith does not require experience, but I think we may be arguing at different places here. It does indeed require a measure of faith to expect the oncoming traffic to stay in its own lane and not veer into mine. And this is despite much experience that most oncoming traffic does stay in its own lane.

And there is that faith that seems misplaced and based on irrational hope. For instance, look at the 'faith' some people put in government when our experience tells us that such faith is indefensible.

But belief in God doesn't really fit molds that can be demonstrated or argued with both persons viewing data outside themselves. Belief in God seems to fall into four categories:

1. Improbable or irrational
2. Acceptance of a God based on hope that God is
3. Belief that God is based on trust in external sources.
4. Knowledge that God is based on personal experience.

Numbers 1, 2, 3 require faith.
Numbers 2 and 3 can include a kind of 'creating a concept of God' in the mind.
Number 4 does not create a concept of God and it does not require faith. It only requires trust in what one has experienced.

I don't disagree that faith does not require experience, but I think we may be arguing at different places here. It does indeed require a measure of faith to expect the oncoming traffic to stay in its own lane and not veer into mine. And this is despite much experience that most oncoming traffic does stay in its own lane.

And there is that faith that seems misplaced and based on irrational hope. For instance, look at the 'faith' some people put in government when our experience tells us that such faith is indefensible.

There's no dispute that people have faith in what they have no proof.

The next question is WHY? Why didn't the truck cross the lane in front of YOU, but it happens every day to someone else??

Some will say its the Lucky Rabbit's Foot they carry
Some will say "GOD", Allah, Thor, whatever
Some will say the Federal Government's Dept of Transportation regulates trucker qualifications so well, that you need not concern yourself
Some will say Statistics make the event unlikely

In each case, the answer is different, but does have a common denominator: They are each a product of human imagination.

Last edited:
I don't know if man created God, but if he did, it was a pretty cool invention.;)

an irrational, illogical, angry deranged god who wants to condemn most of humanity to hell forever for petty crimes....

is a "cool invention"?

hardly.....

You appear to have a very limited scope concerning God. Might I suggest some studies of world mythology and Jungian psychology. Religion spans much broader, and goes much deeper than merely good and evil or heaven and hell.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back