Did Jesus really exist?

Did Jesus Really Exist as a Flesh and blood person?

• Jay-A-Zus was LORD!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Probably. Rumor has it He has a tomb.
:neutral:
If A Tomb Was Found... US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The question that must be asked is, 'did He walk out of His tomb and ascend in to Heaven after a few days?'

Since the stories that supposedly document THAT event were finally committed to paper up to 70 years after the event and during a time of political unrest and a societal need for a hero, my humble opinion on that particular ancient story is "Doubtful".

The ancients realized quite abundantly that they needed the Sun to return every day and that they would be in big trouble if the Sun continued to move southward and did not stop and reverse its direction. Thus, these many different cultures celebrated the "Sun of God's" birthday on December 25th.

The following are the characteristics of the "Sun of God"

• In some areas, the calendar originally began in the constellation of Virgo, and the Sun would therefore be "born of a Virgin."

• The Sun is the "Light of the World."

• The Sun "cometh on clouds, and every eye shall see him."

• The Sun rising in the morning is the "Savior of mankind."

• The Sun wears a corona, "crown of thorns" or halo.

• The Sun "walks on water."

• The Sun's "followers," "helpers" or "disciples" are the 12 months and the 12 signs of the zodiac or constellations, through which the Sun must pass.

• The Sun at 12:00 noon is in the house or temple of the "Most High"; thus, "he" begins "his Father's work" at "age" 12.

• The Sun enters into each sign of the zodiac at 30°; hence, the "Sun of God" begins his ministry at "age" 30.

• The Sun is hung on a cross or "crucified," which represents its passing through the equinoxes, the vernal equinox being Easter, at which time it is then resurrected.
The Egyptian Pharaohs also identified themselves in life with the Sun god Horus and in death with his father Osiris. These myths identified the Pharaoh as both the earthly form of the royal falcon god who triumphed over his enemies and the pious son who claims the throne after the death of his father. Whilst Osiris ruled the dead in the underworld, Horus ruled the living. Horus and Osiris, just like Jesus, became interchangeable in the mythos ("I and my Father are one"). Horus, who predates the Christ by 3000 years shared the following in common with him.
unfortunately for your argument, none of your claims are true......

Probably. Rumor has it He has a tomb.
:neutral:
If A Tomb Was Found... US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The question that must be asked is, 'did He walk out of His tomb and ascend in to Heaven after a few days?'

Since the stories that supposedly document THAT event were finally committed to paper up to 70 years after the event during a time of political unrest and a societal need for a hero, my humble opinion on that particular ancient story is "Doubtful".

I was informed by people here that most of the disciples returned to their former jobs after the death of Jesus. I honestly don't know one way or the other and don't care enough to research it. But if that is true it really does call the resurrection into question. If they saw the man who died suddenly walks in and tells them it was all true, after they went through all of the mess leading up to that point, it really makes no sense they would toss their hands in the air and say the hell with it. But, that's just me.

It does seem odd that a dude dying a political death and then walking out of his tomb didn't get a bit more press coverage, even for ancient times.

It does seem odd that a dude dying a political death and then walking out of his tomb didn't get a bit more press coverage, even for ancient times.

It's not like he walked into the office if the Times, so I can see why it wouldn't get press. There was no press in any case. It would have been a rumor of a rumor. I just don't see the disciples giving up afterwards.

LOL! most of the world 2000 years later are still talking about Jesus.

Perhaps, but the story is supported by only one account, and that story that was committed to paper many years after the event.

Whether The Resurrection is a lie or truth, the historic evidence for it is pretty thin, if The New Testament is excluded.

The ancients realized quite abundantly that they needed the Sun to return every day and that they would be in big trouble if the Sun continued to move southward and did not stop and reverse its direction. Thus, these many different cultures celebrated the "Sun of God's" birthday on December 25th.

The following are the characteristics of the "Sun of God"

• In some areas, the calendar originally began in the constellation of Virgo, and the Sun would therefore be "born of a Virgin."

• The Sun is the "Light of the World."

• The Sun "cometh on clouds, and every eye shall see him."

• The Sun rising in the morning is the "Savior of mankind."

• The Sun wears a corona, "crown of thorns" or halo.

• The Sun "walks on water."

• The Sun's "followers," "helpers" or "disciples" are the 12 months and the 12 signs of the zodiac or constellations, through which the Sun must pass.

• The Sun at 12:00 noon is in the house or temple of the "Most High"; thus, "he" begins "his Father's work" at "age" 12.

• The Sun enters into each sign of the zodiac at 30°; hence, the "Sun of God" begins his ministry at "age" 30.

• The Sun is hung on a cross or "crucified," which represents its passing through the equinoxes, the vernal equinox being Easter, at which time it is then resurrected.
The Egyptian Pharaohs also identified themselves in life with the Sun god Horus and in death with his father Osiris. These myths identified the Pharaoh as both the earthly form of the royal falcon god who triumphed over his enemies and the pious son who claims the throne after the death of his father. Whilst Osiris ruled the dead in the underworld, Horus ruled the living. Horus and Osiris, just like Jesus, became interchangeable in the mythos ("I and my Father are one"). Horus, who predates the Christ by 3000 years shared the following in common with him.
unfortunately for your argument, none of your claims are true......
My goodness. Even by your "standards" of pointlessness, that was plowing new furrows of dull.

Actually, the difference between your pagan beliefs and real, personal entities is a very active imagination. If you were willing to be objective, (and I'm not accusing you of being objective, honest or even being able to rationalize your skewed presumptions), you would admit there is no corroboration that any of the gospels were authored by Luke, Matthew, Mark or John. You are simply accepting they were. So what happens if they were written by priests who were trying to codify messianic fervor of the time, and they did so writing a fictional account of a messiah? What if the real Jesus is an Essene priest who lived 100 years before?

Suddenly that could explain a few things. It's quite clear that hey-zeus was an amalgam of existing messiahs of the time, most notably a rabbi of the Essenes who lived about 100 years before what is commonly referred to as the years of Jesus Christ. If memory serves, there's biblical notation that the Jews did not initially reject the messiah, not until they discovered his way was not that of the sword.

It's not like he walked into the office if the Times, so I can see why it wouldn't get press. There was no press in any case. It would have been a rumor of a rumor. I just don't see the disciples giving up afterwards.
Well... that too.

Both the lack of history on the event and the apathy that immediately followed it point to the event being just another Jew dying a minor political death.

Well... that too.

Both the lack of history on the event and the apathy that immediately followed it point to the event being just another Jew dying a minor political death.

Possibly, but the consequences were a tad more than that. The teachings of a bodhisattva tend to cause ripples. But people are people, so the meaning does get lost in the myth.

Perhaps, but the story is supported by only one account, and that story that was committed to paper many years after the event.

Whether The Resurrection is a lie or truth, the historic evidence for it is pretty thin, if The New Testament is excluded.
YOU GET TO CHOSE! Believe the Word of GOD or the lies of satan.

Did you choose, or did you just believe?

YES!!! I SEE CREATION THE UNIVERSE AND LIFE and I know is is not an accident of time and chance only a blinded total fool does not know GOD IS GOD!!!and you?

I believe in God, though nothing like the God you believe in. And no, I did not choose to believe. I just do. I could no more choose to believe something else than I could flap my arms and fly.

YES!!! I SEE CREATION THE UNIVERSE AND LIFE and I know is is not an accident of time and chance only a blinded total fool does not know GOD IS GOD!!!and you?

I believe in God, though nothing like the God you believe in. And no, I did not choose to believe. I just do. I could no more choose to believe something else than I could flap my arms and fly.
Get real no one believes unless they chose to believe!

You are wrong. But give it a shot. Choose to be a Hindu for a month. Let me know how that works for you.

If you've limited your life to only those choices you have my pity, Bud.

An open mind ROCKS!! :rock:

On another thread, I made the statement that Jesus was a made up character.

Here's why I think he was.

1) The Gospels were written years after his supposed life, and they contradict each other on key points.

2) He is not mentioned by a lot of contemporary writers who should have noticed him.

3) He shares a lot of traits with other mythological figures.

just why should anyone care what you think. Is other people believing he is real taking any skin off your ass? something in your life turned you ugly inside

:eusa_eh: Does this mean you believe in a God other than The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran?

"why because you christers what to push your mental illness on others"

They have no choice; that's how their Gospels end.

Forum List

Back